~~ PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT! || Millions of Impeaches, Impeaches for Me || House Impeachment Hearings OT ~~

19 hours ago, osxmatt said:

I can’t wait until tomorrow when it’s revealed that Trump told Ukraine he would only release military aid if they assisted him investigating the Joe Biden conspiracy.

And on that note, US military aid was just reinstated to Ukraine, today.

200.gif

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thewhyteboar said:

The Democrats are either unwilling or unable to take control of the political narrative. And I don't just mean in broad strokes, I mean on a fine detail level. E.g. "catch and release" was originally a Republican talking point, but has become a standard way to talk about that topic. Republicans keep winning in part because the Democrats let them frame the conversation because, as they argue, they're afraid it'd give the Republicans ammunition if they actually tried to control the conversation. 

If the parties were flipped here Republicans would have impeached ages ago and constantly been putting the Democrats on the defensive about respect for the rule of law and what-not. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

The Democrats are either unwilling or unable to take control of the political narrative. And I don't just mean in broad strokes, I mean on a fine detail level. E.g. "catch and release" was originally a Republican talking point, but has become a standard way to talk about that topic. Republicans keep winning in part because the Democrats let them frame the conversation because, as they argue, they're afraid it'd give the Republicans ammunition if they actually tried to control the conversation. 

If the parties were flipped here Republicans would have impeached ages ago and constantly been putting the Democrats on the defensive about respect for the rule of law and what-not. 

I actually had this very discussion with a friend last week. I argued that the reason why progressives lose is because they let the other side define the argument and react to that rather than defining the argument themselves and pushing back against false narratives. I don't understand why but that's what they do. You really have to start asking if Dems are being deliberately complicit at this point.

8 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I actually had this very discussion with a friend last week. I argued that the reason why progressives lose is because they let the other side define the argument and react to that rather than defining the argument themselves and pushing back against false narratives. I don't understand why but that's what they do. You really have to start asking if Dems are being deliberately complicit at this point.

Democratic centrists, not progressives. It's because Republican extremism isn't a threat to the economy in the eyes of Republican donors, on the other hand Democrat donors are just as interested in keeping progressive economic policy in check as they are with Republican social conservativism. "Socially liberal, economic conservative" is the democratic donor base.