~~ PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT! || Millions of Impeaches, Impeaches for Me || House Impeachment Hearings OT ~~

On 9/20/2019 at 9:33 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

I actually had this very discussion with a friend last week. I argued that the reason why progressives lose is because they let the other side define the argument and react to that rather than defining the argument themselves and pushing back against false narratives. I don't understand why but that's what they do. You really have to start asking if Dems are being deliberately complicit at this point.

This video explains it well.

What is AOC and her little wing doing to help Democrats in swing districts such as the suburbs of Texas to keep their seat in 2020? Pelosi sees the long game and knows impeachment is risky. All Democrats have to do is run on expanding Obamacare with a public option and doing things that poll well.  https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1057036

I admit this latest episode means Dems should impeach as it’s their duty, but it may cost them when they already have a winning hand. 

12 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

What is AOC and her little wing doing to help Democrats in swing districts such as the suburbs of Texas to keep their seat in 2020? Pelosi sees the long game and knows impeachment is risky. All Democrats have to do is run on expanding Obamacare with a public option and doing things that poll well.  https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1057036

I admit this latest episode means Dems should impeach as it’s their duty, but it may cost them when they already have a winning hand. 

The message the Dems are sending is that lawlessness is okay as long as you have the votes to keep you in power.

There was no support for impeaching Nixon at first. Impeachment inquiries changed that really quick. Hell, look at how fast the national opinion would change if we had televised impeachment inquiries where Trumpuplicans are acting like morons while the Dems are asking hard questions. 

If Hillary had won in 2016 we’d have had President Tim Kaine by the midterms. 

2 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Hey, remember that time when an actually popular president was impeached and the opposition party still managed to take the White House AND maintain control of Congress shortly thereafter?

Exactly. 

I'm not sure where / when the revisionist history began, and how it was adopted by almost all political pundits that "look what happened to Republicans after Clinton's impeachment."

24 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Hey, remember that time when an actually popular president was impeached and the opposition party still managed to take the White House AND maintain control of Congress shortly thereafter?

Well they did have to have the Supreme Court steal the presidential election from them, but yeah, failed impeachment obviously wasn't a death warrant for the GOP. 

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/15/moderate-democrats-pelosi-impeachment-1495832

Some of the same Dems that flipped the US House are the ones saying to knock off the impeachment talk. The Senate would not vote to remove. I agree it’s their duty to impeach, but we are in an age where truth no longer matters. No one here knows how an impeachment process would go down today. We do know that the house flipped in 2018 without an impeachment inquiry. The status quo would likely allow Dems to hold the house and probably take the presidency. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/15/moderate-democrats-pelosi-impeachment-1495832

Some of the same Dems that flipped the US House are the ones saying to knock off the impeachment talk. The Senate would not vote to remove. I agree it’s their duty to impeach, but we are in an age where truth no longer matters. No one here knows how an impeachment process would go down today. We do know that the house flipped in 2018 without an impeachment inquiry. The status quo would likely allow Dems to hold the house and probably take the presidency. 

Yeah man the Benghazi shit was totally a failure even though McCarthy openly admitted it was a hitjob to tank Hillary. 

29 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yeah man the Benghazi shit was totally a failure even though McCarthy openly admitted it was a hitjob to tank Hillary. 

They STILL haven't dropped the issue of Hillary's emails.

41 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

So like gun violence, we just shouldn't do ANYTHING?

Pelosi: "Donald Trump choking the First Lady to death in a dementia aided blind rage is a line too far crossed, but we can't do anything because the Senate won't convict. We'll just have to vote him out in 2020."

Trump supporters: "FOUR MORE YEARS! FOUR MORE YEARS!"

The midterms were a "healthcare election" if you ignore the actual evidence from battleground districts that Trump was just as much a factor.

Further,

Q: (Among those who supported a Democratic candidate for House) Based on what you know, do you think Congress should or should not being impeachment proceedings that could lead to President Trump being removed from office?

Should begin impeachment

64%

Should not begin impeachment

36%

So the people elected to these swing districts are wrong, Pelosi is wrong, democrats arguing against impeachment are wrong. IMPEACH.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

I would feel more comfortable with impeachment if Pelosi supported it and they had a recording of Trump's phone call on Ukraine. 

Rather have the whistleblowers complaint, as the call itself would lack necessary context that prompted the complaint.

Releasing the call or transcript in and of itself gives Trump an out to claim victory if there's not EXPLICIT quid pro quo. That's why Lindsey Graham is pushing for it.