Trump wants to nuke Los Angeles

Jason

47 minutes ago, 2user1cup said:

I don't understand people who hate LA, why. There's so many sides to it, you can find what you like if you don't like some aspect of it. Not everything is Santa Monica bros.

SO true... You're at the most, an hour away from any climate you want to experience. LA is awesome except for the traffic and the people.

13 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

SO true... You're at the most, an hour away from any climate you want to experience. LA is awesome except for the traffic and the people.

The shitty part about LA is how fucking soul-crushing it can be to meet people (both friends and romantically) that you like who the traffic makes it impractical to see on any regular basis.

Not that that should really affect how visitors feel about LA.

8 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Whoa there chief... some of us LIVE here. and it's kinda awesome.

8 hours ago, 2user1cup said:

I don't understand people who hate LA, why. There's so many sides to it, you can find what you like if you don't like some aspect of it. Not everything is Santa Monica bros.

I actually don't hate LA and find it rather fascinating, I just inexplicably felt like saying that. 

:demut:

• Shocked 1
  • Haha 1

So, my wife and I were high-school sweethearts who reconnected via Facebook about three years ago.  She was living in LA, and I was (and am) in NYC.  Once we'd reconnected, we spent about nine months doing the long-distance thing, with one of us flying cross-country one weekend/month, before we made the decision that it made the most sense for her to move out here.

It did make the most sense, and she's acclimated well to NYC, but I'd be lying if I said that there wasn't a part of me that feels as though I should have moved out there and just worked on re-building a network there.

The traffic sucks (like NYC), but unlike NYC, the traffic doesn't seem to cultivate the worst in people's aggressive driving tendencies.

24 minutes ago, GoldenTongue said:

So, my wife and I were high-school sweethearts who reconnected via Facebook about three years ago.  She was living in LA, and I was (and am) in NYC.  Once we'd reconnected, we spent about nine months doing the long-distance thing, with one of us flying cross-country one weekend/month, before we made the decision that it made the most sense for her to move out here.

It did make the most sense, and she's acclimated well to NYC, but I'd be lying if I said that there wasn't a part of me that feels as though I should have moved out there and just worked on re-building a network there.

The traffic sucks (like NYC), but unlike NYC, the traffic doesn't seem to cultivate the worst in people's aggressive driving tendencies.

Yeah I think people there "get it" with traffic. NYC is awesome though! 

@skillzdadirecta @2user1cup speaking of LA: I once played in a band that was offered a show in LA. None of us had ever been to CA at this point. We're picked up and keep driving and driving and driving...until we see the "Welcome To Compton" sign. Turns out the gig was in some fucked-up warehouse somewhere in Compton, the security being gangbangers with pitbulls at the front door. 

Then I somehow thought smoking a joint was a great idea to, you know, alleviate my paranoia. Nope. I've never played worse in my life, it was a trainwreck.