What beer or liquor have you drank recently

Remarkableriots

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I just moved back to Ontario from Michigan.  And the craft brew scene in Ontario is significantly behind Michigan -- I can't find a decent porter or stout here.  However...  I have found my new favourite beer (even if it isn't a craft beer).

innis_e_gunn_the_original_barrel_aged_la

I'm convinced that any beer aged in a bourbon barrel will be awesome.

Try Dragons Milk

• 5 months later...

Got some Chic Choc Black Spiced Rhum. I wasn't a fan of the white rod berry taste of regular Chic Choc but liked it with Dr. Pepper. I like the Black version better than The Kraken (though it's been a few years since I've had it) and it still goes well with Dr. Pepper. On its own it's sweeter than I remember The Kraken being and it has a bit of a cinnamon or peppermint taste to it.

I also got a bottle of Pike Creek 21 Year Old Oloroso Cask Finish which won Canadian Whiskey of the Year which I'm really liking.

3 hours ago, Rachel said:

I agree. Truly is the best hard seltzer out there right now. They have the best flavors. 

People always give me crap for drinking them but they are so refreshing and it’s a nice change from drinking beer. I love the pineapple and watermelon& kiwi flavors the best. I don’t like white claws honestly. i’m glad they made a stupid meme out of the seltzer that I don’t like lol.

• 1 month later...

I have been single-handedly trying to keep all the south Jersey breweries in business. :p  Every week I'm doing a run and picking up growlers or crowlers from area brewers to enjoy during my various gaming sessions.

Most recently it was Village Idiot's "Thong Remover" (I don't pick the names).  A really good 9.8% tripel.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Slug said:

I have been single-handedly trying to keep all the south Jersey breweries in business. :p  Every week I'm doing a run and picking up growlers or crowlers from area brewers to enjoy during my various gaming sessions.

Most recently it was Village Idiot's "Thong Remover" (I don't pick the names).  A really good 9.8% tripel.

Have you tried any Kane beers? A buddy of mine is huge on them. 

40 minutes ago, Jose said:

Have you tried any Kane beers? A buddy of mine is huge on them. 

I have!  Though not as much as I'd like.  I've only been to the brewery itself a couple times since they're down in Ocean Cty which is kind of a hike for me (I'm outside of Philly).  But I get their Head High from our local store from time to time and one of the times I was there they had this stout that I enjoyed called A Night to End All Nights or something like that.  I haven't had a lot of their beers, but I haven't had anything bad from them either. :P

2 hours ago, Slug said:

I have!  Though not as much as I'd like.  I've only been to the brewery itself a couple times since they're down in Ocean Cty which is kind of a hike for me (I'm outside of Philly).  But I get their Head High from our local store from time to time and one of the times I was there they had this stout that I enjoyed called A Night to End All Nights or something like that.  I haven't had a lot of their beers, but I haven't had anything bad from them either. :P

Just go to DFH in Rehoboth, it's closer to you to boot. :p

I’ve been drinking basically all local lately...Roundabout, 11th Hour, East End, Inner Groove, Hitchhiker, and so on (I know those names nothing to you all, but I wanted to look cool). Some of them have even been doing can/crowler delivery, which is sick as hell. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It’s amazing to think of how far the beer industry has come in the last 10 years, I remember back in the day @Jason acting like Arrogant Bastard Ale was this super complex, master crafted beer, and now if you hyped it up that much nerds on Untappd would be like, ‘You must live in the boonies with no good breweries around’