Animal Crossing: New Horizons (20 March 2020) OT - Island Getaway

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

What time zone are you? Still 370?

central...and nope the turnips are now only 178, let me know if you want me to open my gates.

oh and I have to say I am not all that impressed with the new nooks cranny, only added one more item available for purchase and they are still selling the same crap they've been selling since day one. It seems like the same crap comes up for sale again and again. 

1 minute ago, EternallDarkness said:

central...and nope the turnips are now only 178, let me know if you want me to open my gates.

Thanks, it's still before noon here, wanna at least see what my afternoon price is before doing anything.

5 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I visited @Triage's island yesterday and she totally made me ashamed of my lack of decor. Her island kicked ass. So I've been working on the design of mine. Now I've got a renewed addiction. 

I want to do more but I'm running out of ideas or actually space since I don't want to sacrifice nature 

4 hours ago, Triage said:

I want to do more but I'm running out of ideas or actually space since I don't want to sacrifice nature 

I stole a couple of your ideas, but then you said you got them from looking at other pictures, so I don't feel so bad. :p

I'm not super creative, so I struggle. But I've got some of my villagers' houses lining up and a nice little brick path leading to each of them. :)

5 hours ago, Triage said:

thats the same fight im having, i dont want to convert to city... i made peace with a couple of rules

-northern part of map is park/forest/woods

-2nd level is pines only

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Gotta keep my fruit trees, they're a great income source.

You can always dig them up to relocate them. The problem is I hate picking fruit with the trees too packed together since you can't see where the fruit fell.

2 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Anyone have any apples or pears they can throw my way? I'm still missing some fruit and I have a few places already carved out waiting for trees.

I can, whats your island/character name?

17 hours ago, Emblazon said:

Not sure why he hasn’t responded, but over 600. 

17 hours ago, Jason said:

@Slug open up your gates please? :pray:

[edit] What's your friend code? I'm SW-2345-1795-7699.

Oh shit, y'all.  I'm sorry.  My gates were open all day yesterday.  I gave my code to several folks on the D1P Discord, but I wasn't logged into the boards here so I didn't see these mentions. :(  I'll try to start checking the boards more often, but if you need me for something time-sensitive, @ me on the D1P Discord server and it'll notify me on my phone so I'll see it right away.

Ordered the game, and it came yesterday in the mail. I'll set up my island today. What are some tips and tricks I should know? 

Also what should I call my island? I was thinking Mortarland as a small pun with my name. I know it can only be 10 letters.