Animal Crossing: New Horizons (20 March 2020) OT - Island Getaway

6 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I bought soooo many turnips today. My first time.

I'll be keeping a watch for you guys to post prices. I hope this doesn't backfire. 

I bought 8000 today. I’ll most likely be using Turnip Exchange to sell them. I used the site last week, and it went off without a hitch. Waited like 20-30 minutes to get into the island. 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

No, I meant to do something like jump on Reddit and trade Nook Miles tickets for furniture items you don't already own.

Secondly, I was wondering if you did that would those furniture items be available in the Nook Store.

interesting idea, but I don't think I've ever been on reddit :p 

12 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Well then stop farming Miles?

I always had 50k+, but when I had bought everything there was to buy, all I really had to spend them on was Tickets for Trips, I just do the dailies that have bonus multiplier, and thats about it.  So now I buy a few tickets a day, make a few thousand per day and it's fine.

I'm mostly playing while zoning out and watching tv...the miles just add up. I think I have shooting stars tonight so I am sure I'll be clicking A button for half the night :lol:

1 hour ago, EternallDarkness said:

interesting idea, but I don't think I've ever been on reddit :p 

I'm mostly playing while zoning out and watching tv...the miles just add up. I think I have shooting stars tonight so I am sure I'll be clicking A button for half the night :lol:

Yeah I hear ya, I have friends that never have more than a few thousand Miles and I always wondered how they don't have more. 

I played a ton early on but since getting a 5 star island and making a lot of money from Turnips, I haven't been playing nearly as much, so the Miles are starting to dwindle a bit.  

Open up your island tonight if you have Stars incoming?

50 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

don't know about that. I was 110 last week and max I saw was 179 or 189

On 4/17/2020 at 3:18 PM, Jason said:

I'm at 381 for turnips, if anyone missed out on yesterday and is still looking to unload. 

Meanwhile I hit that after buying at 100.

6 hours ago, Emblazon said:

I bought 8000 today. I’ll most likely be using Turnip Exchange to sell them. I used the site last week, and it went off without a hitch. Waited like 20-30 minutes to get into the island. 

I maxed out my inventory and went through turnip exchange, sold for 2.4m bells. Almost felt like cheating but oh well, doing it one more time and that's it lol

38 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Well, I used Turnip Exchange and sold mine for over 2.2 million bells. Took almost 2 hours to get in,  so I don't think that'll be a regular thing. I'll buy in next week and see what you guys get for prices.

Yeah you panicked. You gotta wait at least till Wednesday to see the prices come up.

6 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Over 2 million bells, why wouldn't I be?

It goes back to the whole issue of "cheating" on the other page.

Personally, for me, I'd be wary of doing anything that accelerates your progress in this game. I would be fine with going to friend's towns as that's how it's meant to be done but finding a random person and going there isn't as fun.

Once you've got all the bells to upgrade there isn't much left in this game to do. Island visits are crap compared to the other games. They stripped out tropical fruit, perfect fruit, beetles and underwater creatures you could get from diving. In past games if you went to Tortimer Island you could always find some exotic stuff. But in this game if you go to an island you get everything you could find on your own island. I went to an island that had apples once and then every time after I get oranges, same bass and other crappy bugs and whatnot. They replaced anything good with crappy crapping and tool breaking systems.

So once you upgrade your house that seems like that's it and if you've done that within a month of getting the game then I feel like that ruins the experience.

I would also argue the excitement of the stalk market comes from actually watching the rise and fall and the risk of investing. Ditching that all for instant riches isn't as fun.