Animal Crossing: New Horizons (20 March 2020) OT - Island Getaway

11 minutes ago, Brick said:

Also what should I call my island? I was thinking Mortarland as a small pun with my name. I know it can only be 10 letters. 

Keyser_Soze (Island)

11 minutes ago, Brick said:

What are some tips and tricks I should know?

• Every day you can get bells from a rock if you hit it with a shovel (or axe but shovel is better), you have to hit it like 7 times for max bells. You'll bounce off each time you hit it so hold down after every 2nd hit OR you can dig a hole behind you so you can just keep hitting the rock without pressing towards the rock.
  • Every day there is 1,000 bells buried in the ground. If you keep the hole open and plant 10k bells you'll get 30k bells back.
  • Every day you can find a max of 4 fossils.
  • Eating a fruit will make you instantly shatter rocks (not great) But if you want to move a tree without cutting it down eat a fruit and use your shovel and you'll dig up the tree
  • You can prime your net if you hold A making it easier to creep closer to bugs with your net primed (also for catching trantulas this way)

In any case I wouldn't want to go too far into details, some things are fun to discover on your own.

Catch anything and everything you can and bring them to Tom Nook until the museum opens, then continue stockpiling new creatures to give to Blathers so when the tent opens, you can get the museum built right away. The museum is AMAZING. 

Also, hunt tarantulas on a Nook Miles island tonight and sell as many as you can ($8000 each), then buy a crap ton of turnips tomorrow before noon to sell during the week for a substantial profit. If you search tarantula hunting on Google that will show you the way. Basically, any flat island and you’re golden. But you can still get them with various multi-tiered islands. 

Once you upgrade your house you’ll get Nook Miles. Focus on completing as many of the Nook Miles + items as you can each day. You’ll use Nook Miles for purchases more than bells. 

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

How'd it take you that long? I've had terraforming for I dunno how long, at least a week, but probably more? I'm currently at 90 hours.

I never focused on my island rating. I didn’t know I had to talk to Tom Nook to get the K.K. mission started. 

And my “only” comment was pure sarcasm. :lol:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Ultimately, i think they need to change it so you can only sell Turnips on your own Island, or something to that affect.

There is 0 Risk/Reward with the current set up.  You are guaranteed to sell at minimum 4x the investment with very minimal work.  

true. The economy is fairly crazy in this game. I am still waiting for some really expensive items to show up. Today I do have a 24K chair being sold but that is the most expensive item to show up in my shop so far

Just now, EternallDarkness said:

true. The economy is fairly crazy in this game. I am still waiting for some really expensive items to show up. Today I do have a 24K chair being sold but that is the most expensive item to show up in my shop so far

I've seen 130k Chair before.  I have a 63k Air Conditioner today.

On 4/23/2020 at 7:30 PM, 5timechamp said:

thats the same fight im having, i dont want to convert to city... i made peace with a couple of rules

-northern part of map is park/forest/woods

-2nd level is pines only

Well, good news is I retained nature and all the trees and managed to get 5 star rating today so it's doable! Add small touches to the beach and rock areas. 

2 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

I got Ironwood Dresser this morning and had Cutting Board before.  Also have Ironwood Cupboard.  Pretty good pieces for a kitchen.

I so need an ironwood cutting board. I'd trade you two ironwood cutting boards for an ironwood kitchenette. I have this kitchenette recipe I can't use because I can't make the cutting board needed as an ingredient.

4 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

I so need an ironwood cutting board. I'd trade you two ironwood cutting boards for an ironwood kitchenette. I have this kitchenette recipe I can't use because I can't make the cutting board needed as an ingredient.

I have the cutting board DYI I can make it for you as well if needed 

1 hour ago, Triage said:

@Ghost_MH are you on now? I can hop on and either bring it or you can visit my island 

We can sync up tomorrow, maybe.

Either way, I'm stepping away for a bit with my town's gates open in case anyone in bored and looking for town's to visit.

I actually went full city on my island with streets everywhere, but left the north eastern part of my island mostly to nature with a ton of trees and some hiking paths. I did at up something nice for Redd, and by nice I mean really sketchy.

3 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

We can sync up tomorrow, maybe.

Either way, I'm stepping away for a bit with my town's gates open in case anyone in bored and looking for town's to visit.

I actually went full city on my island with streets everywhere, but left the north eastern part of my island mostly to nature with a ton of trees and some hiking paths. I did at up something nice for Redd, and by nice I mean really sketchy.

I sent you a friend request. I'm coming for those peaches in the future!