Animal Crossing: New Horizons (20 March 2020) OT - Island Getaway

12 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

ugh... update will require planning as space is getting tight... but hedges are better than fences

I've already begun moving stuff around to make room for future shops and such. That mostly means clustering the houses into neighborhoods.

9 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It goes back to the whole issue of "cheating" on the other page.

Personally, for me, I'd be wary of doing anything that accelerates your progress in this game. I would be fine with going to friend's towns as that's how it's meant to be done but finding a random person and going there isn't as fun.

Once you've got all the bells to upgrade there isn't much left in this game to do. Island visits are crap compared to the other games. They stripped out tropical fruit, perfect fruit, beetles and underwater creatures you could get from diving. In past games if you went to Tortimer Island you could always find some exotic stuff. But in this game if you go to an island you get everything you could find on your own island. I went to an island that had apples once and then every time after I get oranges, same bass and other crappy bugs and whatnot. They replaced anything good with crappy crapping and tool breaking systems.

So once you upgrade your house that seems like that's it and if you've done that within a month of getting the game then I feel like that ruins the experience.

I would also argue the excitement of the stalk market comes from actually watching the rise and fall and the risk of investing. Ditching that all for instant riches isn't as fun.

Well, the nice thing is there's a lot of different ways you can play the game. I'll be playing all year, so I'm not concerned about having nothing to do after my house is expanded. I look forward to new critters to watch every month, filling out my museum, collecting furniture, etc. Sure, i have complaints about stuff they took out, but we just got updates announced today, so that's  awesome. They'll keep updating it in the future.

AC is about way more than expanding your house.

2 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Well, the nice thing is there's a lot of different ways you can play the game. I'll be playing all year, so I'm not concerned about having nothing to do after my house is expanded. I look forward to new critters to watch every month, filling out my museum, collecting furniture, etc. Sure, i have complaints about stuff they took out, but we just got updates announced today, so that's  awesome. They'll keep updating it in the future.

Yeah but I mentioned all this. I enjoy collecting things more than expanding my house / building bridges and such. But like I said they made the collecting less special with less things to collect and where you can collect them.

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Yeah but I mentioned all this. I enjoy collecting things more than expanding my house / building bridges and such. But like I said they made the collecting less special with less things to collect and where you can collect them.

I haven't played previous AC so I don't know what's missing, but it does seem like a lot will be added back with updates hopefully.  

1 minute ago, EternallDarkness said:

well to answer the question is there a limit to your storage...yeppers and I have reached it :p 

I reached it a long time ago. Pretty annoying.

Also annoying, they reduced the interest rate of savings accounts after one month. WTF? Probably all you turnip cheaters ruining it for the rest of us!

https://www.polygon.com/2020/4/22/21232161/animal-crossing-new-horizons-april-leif-patch-bells-bank-update-acnh

Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ big Earth Day update went live a little earlier than expected, and in addition to bringing in new vendors like Leif the sloth, the patch also tries putting a band-aid on the game’s hyper-inflated economy.

When you log in, your mailbox should contain a new letter from the Bank of Nook which informs you that from now on, the interest rate earned on stored bells will go down. The letter is apologetic, offering players a gift in exchange for the “inconvenience.” It’s ... a giant bell bag rug! No specific numbers are shared, but basically, you’ll make a little less money.

Why would Nintendo do this? Well, it’s no secret that the Animal Crossing economy is hilariously easy to game right now. Thanks to websites like turnip.exchange, you can always find an island with a great veggie-buying price. Or maybe you have a good network of friends who can offer you constant access to special events? Maybe you went ham on tarantula island? Perhaps you, like many others, duplicated the heck out of some high-priced items back before that exploit was patched out? Maybe you’re time traveling your way to riches?

Truly, the avenues for becoming a bellionare are vast. While it’s unlikely that many folks wholly relied on the bank interest to rake in the bells, it’s one of the few things Nintendo does have control over. I’m guessing this will do little to stop folks from having millions in the bank, though.

Seems like I was right!