Animal Crossing: New Horizons (20 March 2020) OT - Island Getaway

4 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

Well, it looks like I'm peaking at 163 this morning. Time to dump unless someone has better prices.

My afternoon price is 533.  I unloaded half mine yesterday for 141 and the other half for low 500s on someone’s island. 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Rbk_3 said:

My afternoon price is 533.  I unloaded half mine yesterday for 141 and the other half for low 500s on someone’s island. 

Damn, thats rough.  Great price. 

Try using that Prediction tool to see if it'll hit high again next week.

16 minutes ago, Rbk_3 said:

Can I come by to dump my turnips? I'm stopped going down but I'm only at 65 still. 

1 minute ago, JPDunks4 said:

Damn, thats rough.  Great price. 

Try using that Prediction tool to see if it'll hit high again next week.

I want to try and not cheat too much with the price predictor and scoping out others islands, aside from a small community like this one. I figure at some point money will become basically irrelevant and the insensitive to collect fruit, fish, bugs etc won’t be there anymore. 

3 minutes ago, Rbk_3 said:

I want to try and not cheat too much with the price predictor and scoping out others islands, aside from a small community like this one. I figure at some point money will become basically irrelevant and the insensitive to collect fruit, fish, bugs etc won’t be there anymore. 

Yeah, I'm more or less the same way.  I've hated seeing so many exploit the Spider Island stuff and just make money totally irrelevant so early in the game.  

I've paid off all my upgrades now, so not totally sure how much more I'll need money.  I do think the Furniture that comes up for sale is pretty pricey though, like $100k+ bells for a lot of furniture pieces 

48 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Yeah, I'm more or less the same way.  I've hated seeing so many exploit the Spider Island stuff and just make money totally irrelevant so early in the game.  

I've paid off all my upgrades now, so not totally sure how much more I'll need money.  I do think the Furniture that comes up for sale is pretty pricey though, like $100k+ bells for a lot of furniture pieces 

damn what furniture is showing up on your island?? I think the priciest thing I have had show up on my island is like 6-7K

8 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

damn what furniture is showing up on your island?? I think the priciest thing I have had show up on my island is like 6-7K

Do you have an upgraded Nooks Cranny?   I don't have one yet, I think it happens after 29 in game playtime, so that should probably be tomorrow for most of us playing everyday.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Can I come by to dump my turnips? I'm stopped going down but I'm only at 65 still. 

Just now, Chris- said:

Can you open up for me man?! I’d need to make a run for both me and my girlfriend. 

I will be home at 8est and will open up my gates then.

1 hour ago, Jason said:
  • Thanks 2

Brings up something I remember from the little I played of AC on Wii; there's really not much to do with friends. Why not have collectible mini games, build little sports arenas like a tennis or basketball course you could play with friends when they come over, or the other residents in your town?

52 minutes ago, Brick said:

Brings up something I remember from the little I played of AC on Wii; there's really not much to do with friends. Why not have collectible mini games, build little sports arenas like a tennis or basketball course you could play with friends when they come over, or the other residents in your town?

Someone mentioned a few pages back that it's dumb that they don't have any Mario Party kinds of minigames for when friends come over your island.

4 hours ago, Chris- said:

Can you open up for me man?! I’d need to make a run for both me and my girlfriend. 

6 hours ago, Jason said:

Ok my gate is open. 

• Thanks 1