Animal Crossing: New Horizons (20 March 2020) OT - Island Getaway

6 hours ago, Rbk_3 said:

I want to try and not cheat too much with the price predictor and scoping out others islands, aside from a small community like this one. I figure at some point money will become basically irrelevant and the insensitive to collect fruit, fish, bugs etc won’t be there anymore. 

Yeah I'm trying to do the same. I sold my turnips earlier this week from a poster on ResetEra in the high 500s. And with how large the community is, it seems like a sure bet there will be a few people with 500+ prices each week. It does feel like I'm cheating the game a bit and not playing in the spirit of it.

So I dunno, I just really want paths to unlock and terraforming.

Scoping turnip prices is one of the few reasons to even engage in the multiplayer, so I don't think it's really cheating. I'm definitely not looking to get big hauls every week though, I just wanted to stave off a crippling loss like buying at 109 and selling at 60.

15 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Scoping turnip prices is one of the few reasons to even engage in the multiplayer, so I don't think it's really cheating. I'm definitely not looking to get big hauls every week though, I just wanted to stave off a crippling loss like buying at 109 and selling at 60.

I tend to not go to someone who Time Travels Island to sell Turnips.  

I've just gone to people I know who have had favorable prices.  It seems pretty easy to get 4x payoff each week 

45 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

had several game crashes since the update.. all from undocked mode .. very annoying

I've only played portable and never had this problem.

7 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

anyone seen a soccer ball or a basketball yet? 

I have a beach ball but haven't seen the other ones.

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

I've only played portable and never had this problem.

I have a beach ball but haven't seen the other ones.

I have beach ball, dodge ball, football, and an exercise ball. The issue is I've made a soccer field (it's sad) and a half court basketball court but I would like to have the accompanying equipment 

22 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

damn that would be nice. What was your starting price today?  Bought mine at 90 today. 

now sitting at nearly 210K nook miles :cry: give me something good to spend them on!

Buy Nook Mile recipes like the giant robot or fountain and sell those to people for bells.

1 hour ago, EternallDarkness said:

not really hurting for bells either...I just need new stuff to spend the miles and bells on

Trade Nook Miles tickets for items you don't currently have?

If you trade for an item, does that make it eligible for buying again in the Nook store?

27 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Trade Nook Miles tickets for items you don't currently have?

If you trade for an item, does that make it eligible for buying again in the Nook store?

no, items that are available via ticket are only available via tickets.

1 hour ago, JPDunks4 said:

Buy tickets where you can get Furniture and DIY Recipes

yeah but the only tickets are mystery trips and cash vouchers..neither of which I need. I mean I already take 4-5 trips a day. I don't need to have a massive stockpile of mystery ticket vouchers. I just need them to upgrade the available items. 

2 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

No, I meant to do something like jump on Reddit and trade Nook Miles tickets for furniture items you don't already own.

Secondly, I was wondering if you did that would those furniture items be available in the Nook Store.

45 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

yeah but the only tickets are mystery trips and cash vouchers..neither of which I need. I mean I already take 4-5 trips a day. I don't need to have a massive stockpile of mystery ticket vouchers. I just need them to upgrade the available items. 

Well then stop farming Miles?

I always had 50k+, but when I had bought everything there was to buy, all I really had to spend them on was Tickets for Trips, I just do the dailies that have bonus multiplier, and thats about it.  So now I buy a few tickets a day, make a few thousand per day and it's fine.