Animal Crossing: New Horizons (20 March 2020) OT - Island Getaway

Tom Nook is like the world's nicest drug dealer wrapped in with a general contractor who has an apparently non-problematic amphetamine addiction. "Oh you'd like a bridge? Sure, I'll build one for 5 toothpicks. Oh you want another one? $250,000 please. In unrelated news I renovated your home in 6 hours. That'll be half a million dollars, but the payment isn't due until the heat death of the universe."

What a strange creature.

So I made a passing mention to my better half about Animal Crossing as a way to kill time, she downloads it on her iPhone and is nigh instantaneously hooked, this was Monday. Fast forward to earlier this afternoon and it is HER, not I, that is wanting a console...a Switch. So, well its the first Nintendo console in my home since the OG Game Boy.

I know next to nothing about the console (did buy her the Lite, she didn't feel like having it hooked to the TV but whatever.)

22 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Tom Nook is like the world's nicest drug dealer wrapped in with a general contractor who has an apparently non-problematic amphetamine addiction. "Oh you'd like a bridge? Sure, I'll build one for 5 toothpicks. Oh you want another one? $250,000 please. In unrelated news I renovated your home in 6 hours. That'll be half a million dollars, but the payment isn't due until the heat death of the universe."

What a strange creature.

Not to mention

You want a bridge? Well you have to gather the materials to build it yourself and then build the materials then give them to me and pay me to put it here. Next time you just have to pay it.

1 hour ago, Chris- said:

Nope, I have all the fruits.

Ah okay, on my initial pass around your island I'd only seen oranges and cherries, so I thought I'd drop them off. Worked out well for me anyhow since I brought a bunch of extra of the ones I dropped off to sell at your store. :sun:

1 hour ago, EternallDarkness said:

why can't I see any shooting stars!!? I've gotten one and I've logged over 125 hours on this game. On two different nights I was told there would be a meteor shower but I never saw jack shit! :( I have a clear night tonight, though I wasn't told there would be anything, but still hoping to see something. 

I dunno. There's one going on in my town I literally saw two right when I walked out the door.

Make sure you hear the chime and then look up.

7 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

why can't I see any shooting stars!!? I've gotten one and I've logged over 125 hours on this game. On two different nights I was told there would be a meteor shower but I never saw jack shit! :( I have a clear night tonight, though I wasn't told there would be anything, but still hoping to see something. 

I just got notified of one going on in my town tonight.  I should be on at some point, not sure exactly when.    I'll post in here tonight to let you all know though if anyone wants to come and wish on Stars.

Last time, I wished on like 150 in one night and got like 40 Star Fragments the next day.

35 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

I just got notified of one going on in my town tonight.  I should be on at some point, not sure exactly when.    I'll post in here tonight to let you all know though if anyone wants to come and wish on Stars.

ED is just a big tease. He accepted my invite then never showed! :nottalking:

3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

ED is just a big tease. He accepted my invite then never showed! :nottalking:

umm no. I sent you a friend request and you hadn't accepted by the time I logged off...though I'll be honest and say it was late as hell when I noticed you'd posted your code so I basically logged out within ten minutes of sending you a request.

On the plus side, isabelle announced we'd have shooting stars tonight...bitch better not be lying to me!!! 

22 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I’m at 288 per turnip this morning if someone wants me to open my gates. Just @ me

Those are weak sauce prices bruh

1 minute ago, EternallDarkness said:

umm no. I sent you a friend request and you hadn't accepted by the time I logged off...though I'll be honest and say it was late as hell when I noticed you'd posted your code so I basically logged out within ten minutes of sending you a request.

I accepted it when the switch alerted me which was some time after I posted so you didn't send me a request immediately!

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Dunno, that’s just what Nook told me yesterday when I got my upgrade done. Several new things you can do with the look of your house after that. 

at the minimum i expect the same mods as new leaf... different style houses and all..

im going to taxiderm the biggest moth and put it next to the giant monster

Something I've been wondering about: does anyone have any idea if things can spawn where you can't see? For example there's a walkable strip behind my cliffs where you can dig, and pulling the camera down will not look through the cliff and show me/where I'm standing—can fossils spawn back there?

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Something I've been wondering about: does anyone have any idea if things can spawn where you can't see? For example there's a walkable strip behind my cliffs where you can dig, and pulling the camera down will not look through the cliff and show me/where I'm standing—can fossils spawn back there?

I haven't seen anything spawn behind that edge. I've always made sure to find all four fossils everyday without issue.

3 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

I haven't seen anything spawn behind that edge. I've always made sure to find all four fossils everyday without issue.

Yeah, I haven't seen anything spawn there. A bunch of weeds DID spawn under a similarly obscuring ledge on my island, but that's all I've seen.