Elden Ring - Information Thread, update (02/21): Shadow of the Erdtree DLC "Collector's Edition Messmer the Impaler Statue" trailer

12 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

That……..is not a horrible idea 

Sanderson says he has no interest in writing that type of gritty, dark fantasy. I qatch his YouTube channel a bit, and he spoke before about how he likes reading stuff like GoT or The Blade Itself, but has absolutely zero interest in in actually writing anything like that.

The question was from a fan in regards to whether he would ever write a more grimdark fantasy.

This is the most blind I have ever gone into a souls game. I've seen bosses, but never the actual boss fight. Didn't get into the network test like I have for most of the others. Still, like I always have, gonna look up how to get all the endings before I play. If there is a true ending/dark lord ending I want to get that first no matter what. 

Will this be the first Souls game for a lot of you guys? If not, how many of the others have you played/beaten? I've played all of them except Dark Souls 3 which I own, and have beaten three. Dark Souls, Demon's Souls (original) and Sekiro. Currently making my way through Dark Souls 2 and will pick Bloodborne back up after that... think I'm about halfway through that one. I've also beaten Lords of the Fallen and Jedi Fallen Order which are both Souls-likes. 

53 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Will this be the first Souls game for a lot of you guys? If not, how many of the others have you played/beaten?

I’ve played Bloodborne, and Dark Souls 1, 2 and 3. I never finished any of them because I kind of suck at them, it’s the bosses that give me the most trouble in them. If Elden Ring is more reasonable in its challenge then I’ll probably get it, but if it’s not then I’ll pass.

53 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Will this be the first Souls game for a lot of you guys? If not, how many of the others have you played/beaten? I've played all of them except Dark Souls 3 which I own, and have beaten three. Dark Souls, Demon's Souls (original) and Sekiro. Currently making my way through Dark Souls 2 and will pick Bloodborne back up after that... think I'm about halfway through that one. I've also beaten Lords of the Fallen and Jedi Fallen Order which are both Souls-likes. 

First one for me. I attempted to play Sekiro but I don’t think that’s considered a Souls game. 

7 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

I’ve played Bloodborne, and Dark Souls 1, 2 and 3. I never finished any of them because I kind of suck at them, it’s the bosses that give me the most trouble in them. If Elden Ring is more reasonable in its challenge then I’ll probably get it, but if it’s not then I’ll pass.

Interesting because from what I'm reading about Elden Ring, the bosses are still tough, it just won't be as hard to get back to them after you die like the other games. For me that was the toughest part of these games. 

7 minutes ago, Biggie said:

First one for me. I attempted to play Sekiro but I don’t think that’s considered a Souls game. 

Sekiro is definitely a Souls game... hardest one to date so far.

Not my first Souls game. I played a bit of

DS and DS2 and quite of bit of BB. I always find myself getting frustrated at some part. I take a break and when I come back, I am completely lost. There seems to be some new QoL features for me that might help me beat it. I decided to get it for the Xbox since the PS5 will be busy with Horizon

• Like 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Elden Ring (25 February 2022) - Information Thread, update: PlayStation Blog interview with Hidetaka Miyazaki and new gameplay footage

Jesus Christ :rofl:

eldenring09.jpg
WWW.GAMEINFORMER.COM

From Software games have a reputation for including environmental challenges. Elden Ring's going to have some serious poison swamps.

“But when making the game I rediscovered my love for making poison swamps. I know how people feel about them, but you know, suddenly I realize I'm in the middle of making one and I just can't help myself. It just happens.”

• Haha 3

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Elden Ring (25 February 2022) - Information Thread, update: Miyazaki says there will be "multiple" poison swamps because "I can't help myself"
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Elden Ring (25 February 2022) - Information Thread, update: Game Informer hub for its exclusive content posted
ring-1643389079035.png?width=1280
WWW.IGN.COM

Elden Ring director Hidetaka Miyazaki has discussed that, while he doesn't think the game is necessarily easier than previous FromSoftware titles, he does believe more people will be able to finish it this time around.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:
ring-1643389079035.png?width=1280
WWW.IGN.COM

Elden Ring director Hidetaka Miyazaki has discussed that, while he doesn't think the game is necessarily easier than previous FromSoftware titles, he does believe more people will be able to finish it this time around.

Very encouraging to read.

Someone send help. From software games are consuming my life. 

What are your opinions on DS2? I skipped it due to the bugs I saw mentioned on youtube vids. I am currently doing Sekiro and Dark Souls 3.

I hope ER supports ultrawide. Having said that Sekiro at 4k and 60FPS is not bad.

9 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

What are your opinions on DS2? I skipped it due to the bugs I saw mentioned on youtube vids. I am currently doing Sekiro and Dark Souls 3.

I hope ER supports ultrawide. Having said that Sekiro at 4k and 60FPS is not bad.

I started my Souls Marathon last month, and just finished Dark Souls 2 yesterday.  I definitely think it's worth a playthrough.  The Scholar of the First Sin version, which is what I'd assume you'll be playing, was a good bit challenging and fun.  I think Dark Souls was overall the better game, but Dark Souls 2 is still a very good game and worth playing if you are a fan of the series.

I recently played Demon Souls Remake, Dark Souls, and then Dark Souls 2, and I think I may have enjoyed it more than Demon Souls, but less than Dark Souls.

Jumped into Bloodborne last night and really enjoying the faster paced combat, even if the 30fps was a bit startling at first.  

1 hour ago, JPDunks4 said:

I started my Souls Marathon last month, and just finished Dark Souls 2 yesterday.  I definitely think it's worth a playthrough.  The Scholar of the First Sin version, which is what I'd assume you'll be playing, was a good bit challenging and fun.  I think Dark Souls was overall the better game, but Dark Souls 2 is still a very good game and worth playing if you are a fan of the series.

I recently played Demon Souls Remake, Dark Souls, and then Dark Souls 2, and I think I may have enjoyed it more than Demon Souls, but less than Dark Souls.

Jumped into Bloodborne last night and really enjoying the faster paced combat, even if the 30fps was a bit startling at first.  

Ok I will give it ago. I skipped it because it had the weirdest kb&m controls I have ever run into. Found my xbox controller though.

3 hours ago, Zaku3 said:

I'm finishing Dark Souls 2 now. It takes awhile but it grows on you. Definitely worth playing I think. I believe Dark Souls 2 is the last "slower playing" Souls game from From Software. All of the games after it got a speed boost and play faster.