Rick and Morty return November 2019

On 5/16/2019 at 6:37 AM, Greatoneshere said:

Can't fuckin' wait. I'm not gonna let a vocal minority toxic fanbase that can't see that the show is an indictment of people like them (in part) stop me from enjoying the heck out of this show.

I can understand if the shitty fanbase makes you reluctant to tell people you like the show, and I guess I get it if knowing the fanbase is shitty causes you to never watch something in the first place, but I don't get people who completely stop watching something they like solely because of the fanbase. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Jason said:

I can understand if the shitty fanbase makes you reluctant to tell people you like the show, and I guess I get it if knowing the fanbase is shitty causes you to never watch something in the first place, but I don't get people who completely stop watching something they like solely because of the fanbase. 

Yea, this.

• 4 months later...

Yeah, no... I'm super excited for the return.

I just, I dunno, I guess it's my inner hipster... but the massive mainstream success of this show still feels weird to me.

So they're splitting the season? Is it still 10 episodes? When do we get the second half? Anyone know?

3 minutes ago, ort said:

I just, I dunno, I guess it's my inner hipster... but the massive mainstream success of this show still feels weird to me.

So they're splitting the season? Is it still 10 episodes? When do we get the second half? Anyone know?

Dan and Justin probably know :sun:

There’s not much info yet that I’m aware of, but, I’m guessing they’re going the old South Park route of splitting the seasons into two parts to “lessen the wait” between new eps.

4 minutes ago, ort said:

I honestly hate that Rick has become an icon for so many disgusting parts of the Internet.

I enjoy the show but also hide that from people because I don't want to be associated with the toxic fan base. Same reason I don't talk about Star Wars in public anymore. "Oh so you liked The Last Jedi and didn't think it was worse than Attack of the Clones, and didn't shit all over our childhoods? And you don't think that Rose's actress should be harassed and don't think that Rey is a Mary Sue? You didn't think that Finn and Poe were also horrible, and that the main character should have been Luke's caucasian son?"

I enjoy the show and don't feel like I need to hide it.  So some segment of the show's fans are garbage.  OK.  That doesn't reflect on me.  And as far as being popular...I've honestly never understood why that's a deal breaker for some people.  If you enjoy something, enjoy it.  If other people enjoy it, cool.  If a lot of other people enjoy it?  Still cool.  That doesn't affect my consumption of that product at all so why deprive myself of something I find value in?  As long as the quality remains high, bring it on.

18 hours ago, Slug said:

I enjoy the show and don't feel like I need to hide it.  So some segment of the show's fans are garbage.  OK.  That doesn't reflect on me.  And as far as being popular...I've honestly never understood why that's a deal breaker for some people.  If you enjoy something, enjoy it.  If other people enjoy it, cool.  If a lot of other people enjoy it?  Still cool.  That doesn't affect my consumption of that product at all so why deprive myself of something I find value in?  As long as the quality remains high, bring it on.

This is how I roll. Depiction isn't endorsement. Ambiguity isn't endorsement. Celebration is endorsement, and that's a problem. Rick and Morty, like American History X, Fight Club, Spring Breakers, etc. is actually quite forward thinking and progressive, it's just toxic people latch on to the ambiguity and ignore the obvious. That's on them - Rick and Morty is still great - I mean, there's a montage where Rick and Summer beat up neo-nazis and other toxic assholes/people. I think the messaging is ultimately clear. 

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

Channel Four have bought it in the uk and so won’t be shown until 2020. Looks like I’ll be watching on my laptop 

Man you guys get boned on this stuff don't you? I've also seen that HBO Max has the rights to Batwoman in the UK, but won't be available until next year, so you guys just won't get Batwoman until 2020. Meaning you're just not getting one of the five parts of Crisis on Infinite Earths.

On 11/11/2019 at 12:41 PM, Jason said:

bUt WhY dO pEoPlE pIrAtE?!?!11!1

Soooo Hulu actually lied to me for some reason. I was able to watch it last night. I don't know how long it was available before that.

And fuck yeah this show hasn't missed a beat. Fantastic episode. And yeah the stinger after the credits is just :cheers: