Biden’s #metoo moment has arrived.

4 minutes ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

All of my criticism is genuine 

I agree that it is, but it is substanceless and often disingenuous (often not giving the full picture). Memes, gifs, pictures, and retweets don't summarize nuanced and complex issues. They are funny, and they speak some truth, but often there's a bigger conversation to be had that you won't engage in (anymore, according to you). So genuine or not, it's meaningless other than to maybe get others talking or debating with/to each other and to me that's essentially the definition of shit posting. 

• Like 1

You are mostly complaining about the form.  There is almost always substance but it’s not the kind people want to discuss.  The memes and retweets are also more sophisticated than most of the discussion on this board.  For example, look at the discussions on the failed coup in Venezuela and the phony accusations anti-semitism against Omar.  I got right to the point of what was really going on whereas certain others cluelessly flailed around.  

A trashy meme that makes a good point is better than an aimless West Wing style conservation that looks pretty but contains no substance. 

1 hour ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

You are mostly complaining about the form.  There is almost always substance but it’s not the kind people want to discuss.  The memes and retweets are also more sophisticated than most of the discussion on this board.  For example, look at the discussions on the failed coup in Venezuela and the phony accusations anti-semitism against Omar.  I got right to the point of what was really going on whereas certain others cluelessly flailed around.  

A trashy meme that makes a good point is better than an aimless West Wing style conservation that looks pretty but contains no substance. 

But you didn't get to the heart of the actual discussion - you get to the heart of the politics at play. But there is plenty of substantive discussion to be had as to, on the sliding scale of what does and doesn't constitute anti-semitism (referring to Ilhan Omar's comments) there is a discussion to be had there, not just the truth of the clear right-wing smear attack on her (and Democratic one too, to a degree).

Plenty of people here are willing to have real discussions. Try it instead of giving us absolutely no fucking credit. 

The politics were the most important part of the discussion.  What she said wasn’t anti-Semitic, and even if it was, other politicians have said much worse with little to no outcry.  Knowing that, I have little patience for pedantic arguments that don’t address what really going on.

And honestly at this point, people who still fall for the anti-Zionism = anti-Semitism arguments deserve to be mocked.  

It's too late Creepy Joe!

More seriously, he's going to have to do better than that and I don't see how he can make up for it. As others have pointed out, I don't see how he survives since the Democrats made Franken the standard for unacceptable. He will likely have more allegations surface, and his campaign just gets off to the wrong kind of start. There are PLENTY of other Democrats running that aren't over 75 years old and are very qualified. Biden should step out.

26 minutes ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

The politics were the most important part of the discussion.  What she said wasn’t anti-Semitic, and even if it was, other politicians have said much worse with little to no outcry.  Knowing that, I have little patience for pedantic arguments that don’t address what really going on.

And honestly at this point, people who still fall for the anti-Zionism = anti-Semitism arguments deserve to be mocked.  

I personally mostly agree with you (with this example), but there is a discussion to be had about whether Ilhan Omar should apologize for accidentally using anti-Semitic terminology separately from the straw man/whataboutism argument of whether others should or not for doing the same or worse. Sure, that's losing the forest for the trees, but it's still a worthy conversation. 

And if you feel that way and think anything other than focusing on the hypocrisy and the substance of what she's getting at is pedantic, explain how and why. I believe it would change at least some users' minds, depending on who you think is being pedantic. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/biden-says-he-ll-adjust-his-physical-behavior-as-three-more-women-come-forward/ar-BBVB8kV

Biden addressed critics in a video posted to Twitter as three additional women told The Washington Post on Wednesday about encounters with him that made them feel uncomfortable. Their stories bring the total number of people who have expressed concerns about alleged interactions with Biden to seven. Other women defended Biden, who has been seen by many women as an advocate for them. 

3 hours ago, MarSolo said:

This will be the headlines for the next week. Trump just couldn’t ride out being “exonerated” for even a month.

Exonerated

ExoneRated

Exon-E-Rated

Exxon E Rated

Exxon is an energy producer

"E" is often used to signify "electric" power or "environment-friendly" power production

Exxon has been known to be complete shitheads

Windmills are used to produce electricity

Exxon is producing cancer-causing windmills as a means to promote petrol/oil and Trump is trying to warn us CONFIRMED

9ayWKzZ.png

• Thanks 1