Biden’s #metoo moment has arrived.

35 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

I love post 2016 politics because Democrats have to care about this, but Republicans can’t care about this.

Right??

Correct. And with Biden it's a double-edged sword because I think Biden should not be running, but he probably has the best chance of beating Trump.

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

What has come out so far doesn't seem like disqualification material. Related, but I haven't looked into the details

The Democrats put themselves in a bind with Biden by running out Franken.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/pelosi-says-biden-should-stop-being-touchy-feely-with-women/ar-BBVvYw9

"Join the straight-arm club," Pelosi told a breakfast hour Washington event on Tuesday.

In other words, keep your handshakes at arms' length and don't be touchy-feely.

"Just pretend you have a cold and I have a cold," Pelosi said.

Pelosi, D-Calif., told the event, which was sponsored by Politico, that Biden "has to understand that in the world we are in now people's space is important to them and what's important is how they receive it, not necessarily how you intended it."

Her remarks came as Biden's aides are striking a more aggressive tone as he considers running for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination and faces scrutiny over his past behavior toward women.

In a statement on Monday, Biden spokesman Bill Russo blasted "right wing trolls" from "the dark recesses of the internet" for conflating images of Biden embracing acquaintances, colleagues and friends in his official capacity during swearing-in ceremonies with uninvited touching.

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

Anyone who thinks more won't come out about Biden is being naive. 

Whether it's bad enough to toast his chances at a campaign run, we'll have to wait and see. But if more comes out and he ends up running, then women should be really pissed I think. I would be.

More what? More touching womens shoulders and showing affection?  The left is gone as far overboard as the right. 

4 minutes ago, TheGreatGamble said:

More what? More touching womens shoulders and showing affection?  The left is gone as far overboard as the right. 

Yes, more sexual misconduct and sexual assault allegations. There's nothing overboard about it. The issue is what was the level of consent and how far was it taken? Everyone's red line is different. 

1 minute ago, Greatoneshere said:

Yes, more sexual misconduct and sexual assault allegations. There's nothing overboard about it. The issue is what was the level of consent and how far was it taken? Everyone's red line is different. 

There are no sexual assault or sexual misconduct allegations against him. Stop being ridiculous. Touching a womans shoulders and kissing her forehead is a bit creepy, its not fucking sexual assault though, and you people framing it as such is a major reason the center doesn't like the left any more than the right. 

7 minutes ago, TheGreatGamble said:

There are no sexual assault or sexual misconduct allegations against him. Stop being ridiculous. Touching a womans shoulders and kissing her forehead is a bit creepy, its not fucking sexual assault though, and you people framing it as such is a major reason the center doesn't like the left any more than the right. 

Actually, it is sexual misconduct, in law it's called battery which assault follows from. Even if the unwanted touching in an offensive manner and invasion of personal space only reaches battery, that's still a crime. Sexual battery is sexual misconduct, there's nothing ridiculous about it. So these are sexual misconduct and sexual battery allegations.

• Like 1

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I think it goes without saying if you're some schmuck like you or me, you're gone. C-suite has its own rules.

It really doesn’t in a lot of places. I’m not saying it never happens, but it for sure isn’t anything that approaches automatic. 

10 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

It really doesn’t in a lot of places. I’m not saying it never happens, but it for sure isn’t anything that approaches automatic. 

That's true. I always forget how shitty some places are. 

That said, it should still be the bare minimum standard for elected officials

This is an issue of personal space that nobody has the potential authority to speak on like Joe Biden. It would be incredibly significant for him to denounce his past life and promise to lead us forward. If he whiffs this opportunity though, then he's not savvy enough to be president.

• Haha 1

I have to admit, I'm impressed Republicans have been able to restrain themselves from commenting on this. 

I'm even MORE impressed someone from the press hasn't baited Trump with a question about this, considering his sexual deviant past.

16 hours ago, Anathema- said:

This is an issue of personal space that nobody has the potential authority to speak on like Joe Biden. It would be incredibly significant for him to denounce his past life and promise to lead us forward. If he whiffs this opportunity though, then he's not savvy enough to be president.

His response so far has been pretty good, but like with Anita Hill, he doesn't seem all that apologetic. As if he thinks his behavior really is entirely benign and is learning now that no one else thinks so. Really??

11 hours ago, Boyle5150 said:

image0.jpg

Well, that's about the most disingenuous thing I've seen today. Now only are those pictures not the same as the ones with him and women, the context is entirely different.