Assassin’s Creed III Remastered releasing on March 29

Pikachu

Assassin's Creed III Remastered will be available on 29th March, 2019 on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

Relive the American Revolution or experience it for the first time in Assassin's Creed® III Remastered, with enhanced graphics and improved gameplay mechanics. Plus, Assassin's Creed Liberation Remastered and all solo DLC content are included.

Pre-order the Signature Edition now:
http://ubi.li/gyms8

I kind of viewed this one as more interesting than fun.  It didn't have the best lead character performance and a few mechanics didn't quite work, but I enjoyed it enough.  It's certainly not a piece of shit or broken or anything.

It's definitely down on the list for favorite AC games, though.

yeah this is bizarre.  For one, it's not really one people loved.  Also, I dunno about the rest of you but this series burned me out more than any other and so I missed so many of them.  I'd buy one and by the time I finished it another would be released so I just gave up and stopped playing them until the pirates one.  Then stopped until Origins.  Beat it and friggin Oddesey comes out.  They never learn.  I'm sure I would have played more if they would have some fucking patience.

Now they want me to replay the old ones again LOL!!!

1 hour ago, Man_of_X said:

I kind of viewed this one as more interesting than fun.  It didn't have the best lead character performance and a few mechanics didn't quite work, but I enjoyed it enough.  It's certainly not a piece of shit or broken or anything.

It's definitely down on the list for favorite AC games, though.

I have to disagree, that game was absolutely broken. Having just played through it recently, I pulled a quote from my blog.

Story aside, which I did find intriguing, the game is a giant fucking technical mess. I’m aware that after the Ezio trilogy they moved over to a new game engine, and that always brings with it a few bugs, but many of these bugs should have never made it out the door. One big gripe were in-game cutscenes that overlapped with other things going on. On several occasions I had the game action kick off before cutscene was done, resulting in failed mission objectives and overlapping conversations, to name a few. I had quest triggers that wouldn’t happen, leaving me wandering around wondering what I was supposed to do.

33 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Meh, my least favorite. 

They need to remaster the first game.

They also need to bring back some of the ideas and mechanics of the first game that maybe weren't executed the best way. For example, even though it was a bit repetitive, I liked stalking and gathering information on your next target so you knew where guards would be, the best route to take, and when was the best time to assassinate them, and all that. Unless they've added those mechanics back in since I haven't played any AC games since Rogue :p

6 minutes ago, Brick said:

They also need to bring back some of the ideas and mechanics of the first game that maybe weren't executed the best way. For example, even though it was a bit repetitive, I liked stalking and gathering information on your next target so you knew where guards would be, the best route to take, and when was the best time to assassinate them, and all that. Unless they've added those mechanics back in since I haven't played any AC games since Rogue :p

Unity and Syndicate had assassinations that played out more like a level of Hitman. I liked them. 

I actually enjoyed Unity. The main issues with it were performance, but by the time I played it, I guess they patched it enough because I didn't have many complaints, except for some slowdown when the crowds got big.

I liked the actual game, they made some changes the series needed. Arno wasn't the most enthralling main character, but I think I liked him better than Connor. :p 

I'm excited for this, getting it as part of the Odyssey season pass. I've heard it's garbage, though I can't possibly think any less of it than I did of Unity 😂 

This also saves me $20 as I was just about to buy Syndicate in the PS store sale. Now I'll wait for this instead. 

1 hour ago, mo1518 said:

I'm excited for this, getting it as part of the Odyssey season pass. I've heard it's garbage, though I can't possibly think any less of it than I did of Unity 😂 

This also saves me $20 as I was just about to buy Syndicate in the PS store sale. Now I'll wait for this instead. 

ACIII says hold my beer.

You're much better off buying Syndicate. It was one of the better AC's out of the entire "legacy" series. Definitely top 3, imo.

20 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I did play it. I've beaten every AC game, aside from the shitty portable spinoffs. 

The first game was lacking, that's why I'd like to see a remaster, with some tweaks. 

The first game wasn't just lacking, it was straight up bad. Some tweaks aren't gonna fix that mess!

It was so bland and tedious!

You're a madman!

9 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

The first game wasn't just lacking, it was straight up bad. Some tweaks aren't gonna fix that mess!

It was so bland and tedious!

You're a madman!

It's been a decade since I played it and I remember being really excited about the setting, then being let down by how bland it was. It wasn't unplayable, just forgettable. I'd like to see it redone, or maybe an all new AC set during the Crusades. 

I still liked the first one better than 3, though.