Avengers: Endgame Trailer and Discussion Thread

Pikachu

1 minute ago, legend said:

Lost does succeed in this regard, and I understand why people love it because of that. However, I feel like the writers also made the mistake of thinking that they needed the universe to be unexpected/unexplainable. It felt like the writers were actively changing things up in reaction to viewers sorting through it.  But if  the audience's predictions about the Lost universe were right, that would have been perfectly fine since them having predicted it wouldn't have mattered. I

In what felt like seeking to make things unexpected or bizarre or unanswered just for the sake of it, I think it made Lost worse.

Maybe that's not what happened, but it sure felt that way to me to its detriment.

No, I agree - Lost has its flaws for sure. But people hate on the show like its trash and I just can't see that. The Leftovers is all the best parts of Lost without the nonsense stuff, and so there are better shows than Lost out there. But trash? No, I don't think so. 

• Like 1

Just now, Greatoneshere said:

No, I agree - Lost has its flaws for sure. But people hate on the show like its trash and I just can't see that. The Leftovers is all the best parts of Lost without the nonsense stuff, and so there are better shows than Lost out there. But trash? No, I don't think so. 

Haha Yeah I just edited something in about The Leftovers doing it better, so we agree there :) 

7 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Looks like 3hrs and 2min run-time?

As someone on ERA said:

Yes, I posted that last week in your thread about End Game being 3 hours. Disney’s ticket release packet said 182 minutes.

On 3/25/2019 at 11:01 AM, Greatoneshere said:

Bolded for truth. It is why Lost is an amazing show and people miss the point entirely, for that very reason you have given. People get way too hung up on their own suspension of disbelief or the ability of the story to surprise them when it's not about you, it's about the characters within the story and how they react (and how you would) in a given situation. It's shocking how many people don't even know how to consume narrative. 

I agree.  Look, Lost's ending sucked.  But I was so amazingly entertained for years so I can't say the show sucks when it was my favorite for so long.  Exact same goes for BSG.  Two of my most beloved shows and they both fell so very flat in the end.  

Back to Avengers... Age of Voltron was on tv this weekend and man did it show me how much they improved with Infinity Wars.  Such a good movie.  Such high stakes

2 hours ago, Captain Pickle said:

I agree.  Look, Lost's ending sucked.  But I was so amazingly entertained for years so I can't say the show sucks when it was my favorite for so long.  Exact same goes for BSG.  Two of my most beloved shows and they both fell so very flat in the end.  

Back to Avengers... Age of Voltron was on tv this weekend and man did it show me how much they improved with Infinity Wars.  Such a good movie.  Such high stakes

Age of Voltron staring the Avengers would be a crossover for the ages.

39 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

If a movie is going to be that long, it had better fucking have Charlton Heston, Yul Brynner, or ideally both.

Nah just needs to have good pacing and actually be good. The long ass DC movies feel like eternity because they suck. 

16 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Ah yeah, I missed that. 

I think the only real confirmation we got was that she was on the ship with the other half of the Asgardians that Thanos spared from the beginning of Infinity War. That's confirmation that she wasn't killed there, but that's not the same as her not dying with a snap.

Also, the Iron Man folks got off easy here. Tony, Rhodes, Pepper, AND Happy all survived the snap? I call bullshit. Even if you didn't want to throw Pepper into the mix to complicate things with Tony, you could have powdered Happy.

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

I think the only real confirmation we got was that she was on the ship with the other half of the Asgardians that Thanos spared from the beginning of Infinity War. That's confirmation that she wasn't killed there, but that's not the same as her not dying with a snap.

Also, the Iron Man folks got off easy here. Tony, Rhodes, Pepper, AND Happy all survived the snap? I call bullshit. Even if you didn't want to throw Pepper into the mix to complicate things with Tony, you could have powdered Happy.

Did Thanos spare the Asgardians though? I read that he did... but didn’t he then blow up the ship?

Also more black people got dusted than survived, I’m just saying.

4 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Did Thanos spare the Asgardians though? I read that he did... but didn’t he then blow up the ship?

Also more black people got dusted than survived, I’m just saying.

I believe he killed half the Asgardian refugees. Valkyrie would have been with the half that was sent off into space. What's not fair is that his finger snap would have dusted half of those people.

Also, yeah, the Iron Man crew made it out fine while the Black Panther crew gets left with just Okoye. I swear someone at Marvel noticed and that's the only reason Okoye is on the Endgame poster. I somehow doubt she has much of a role in the mounting attack against Thanos. That probably means Black Panther won't have a representative in the undust people campaign. I'd love to be wrong, but I kind of doubt it.

2 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

I believe he killed half the Asgardian refugees. Valkyrie would have been with the half that was sent off into space. What's not fair is that his finger snap would have dusted half of those people.

Also, yeah, the Iron Man crew made it out fine while the Black Panther crew gets left with just Okoye. I swear someone at Marvel noticed and that's the only reason Okoye is on the Endgame poster. I somehow doubt she has much of a role in the mounting attack against Thanos. That probably means Black Panther won't have a representative in the undust people campaign. I'd love to be wrong, but I kind of doubt it.

If you think about it, the Asguardians got hit hard. First Thanos and goons kill half of them. Then the snap takes another half or so. 

16 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

Not only that, but originally on the Endgame poster Danari Gurrira (who plays Okoye) was left off of the official poster until someone online noticed and they quickly added her on. Fail.

I think it's interesting that Gamora and Loki are on there, so the black and white posters aren't just showing people who got dusted, but also killed. Separately, the Loki poster saying "avenge the fallen" seems fucked up since Loki has killed innumerable innocent sentient beings. 

Also, what was the whole point of what Shuri was doing to Vision at the end of Infinity War if both of them were going to get dusted? The last we see of Shuri she's running away with the data she needs escaping Thanos' minions. Then she gets dusted off screen. That data was a key plot point of Infinity War and why they were in Wakanda, etc. to a degree. Seems weird.