Avengers: Endgame Trailer and Discussion Thread

Pikachu

Basically just copying a comment I saw on reddit, but

Spoiler

there was all that speculation about whether Endgame would be used to explain how mutants will appear now that Marvel has X-Men back, and Rocket's comment about Earth being ground zero for a huge amount of cosmic energy being released when Thanos did the snap seems likely to be that lead-in. 

Saw it today. It's not flawless but this is, I think, about as good as humans could have ever ended it. I love that there was definitive closure. I love that every classic Avenger got their moment and newer characters like Danvers didn't steal the spotlight. I just loved this movie.

So many moments in this movie were so amazing the feeling was sheer youthful exhilaration. This felt like a cultural moment in history. The sort of thing where every person who experienced it first hand when it happened probably won't forget how those moments made them feel. The payoff for the past 11 years was 100%. This was an amazing feat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

Hide contents

there was all that speculation about whether Endgame would be used to explain how mutants will appear now that Marvel has X-Men back, and Rocket's comment about Earth being ground zero for a huge amount of cosmic energy being released when Thanos did the snap seems likely to be that lead-in. 

Don't count on it, or at least don't count on seeing them appearing anytime soon. 

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

I read something similar....but they tied it into Hulk snapping the people back in....they tied it into the comment of Gamma Radiation affecting the folks brought back..

35 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

It's true, the casting has been spectacular. one has to wonder what Ed Norton thinks. While I think he's a great actor and I enjoyed his Hulk flick, he never felt right as Banner. 

Apparently he's said in interviews that he's fine with it since he got to be in a bunch of different types of movies instead of being shackled to the MCU, but that could easily just be about not wanting to burn bridges with the biggest movie company in the world. 

37 minutes ago, Reputator said:

Saw it today. It's not flawless but this is, I think, about as good as humans could have ever ended it. I love that there was definitive closure. I love that every classic Avenger got their moment and newer characters like Danvers didn't steal the spotlight. I just loved this movie

When Breaking Bad ended, I said that the simple fact that they didn't fuck up the finale was in and of itself extremely impressive, given how hard it is to end TV shows in a satisfying fashion. The fact that it was actually good was practically just a bonus. 

I likewise feel that the baseline here was to simply not fumble the ball, given how easily this kind of movie could have gone wrong, and they more than exceeded that baseline. 

Honestly my theatre got more pumped at the end of Creed II than during Endgame and I support it. I’m in California and I swear half my theatre sounded like they were from philly cheering on Creed. 

Endgame crowd was pumped too but this just proof killmonger shouldn’t have died in BP. 

4 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Black lung so bad people don’t get excited about cool shit? I know I’m in MA and Evans is home cooking, but there was applause in Infinity War when Cap showed up. And again when Wakanda came on screen. 

Captain America is from fucking Boston? I was much happier not knowing that. :|

6 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Black lung so bad people don’t get excited about cool shit? I know I’m in MA and Evans is home cooking, but there was applause in Infinity War when Cap showed up. And again when Wakanda came on screen. 

There is almost never any people in my theater. Nothing wrong with it, it is AMC, but people just don't go there much. Like, this is the most packed I saw this place since the the 2005, and there were only 30 people there. I also almost never go opening weekend, but I basically had to if I didn't want the entire movie spoiled. The movie wasn't even out and I got spoiled. 

Edit: I think it is weird to clap at a movie. 

2 hours ago, Jason said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I guess it depends on how Bruce Bulk made his wish. If he wished it in a way where the stones would bring them back safely they could have been undusted on solid ground.    

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Reveal hidden contents

the first  cosmic energy spike was Thanos snapping half the life in the universe out of existence with all the stones. The second energy spike in that other planet was a fully powered snap to destroy the stone.  

The concept of the multiverse created from branching timelines is more is more likely to bring the X-men and other mutants into the MCU.  Or they have scarlet which kind of do the opposite of The House of M story arch where she wished for no more mutants. Instead she wishes mutants into existence. Maybe in some attempt to have more people understand the kind of cursed life she lives as an enhanced human.  

6 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Hide contents

The concept of the multiverse created from branching timelines is more is more likely to bring the X-men and other mutants into the MCU.  Or they have scarlet which kind of do the opposite of The House of M story arch where she wished for no more mutants. Instead she wishes mutants into existence. Maybe in some attempt to have more people understand the kind of cursed life she lives as an enhanced human.  

Spoiler

That or to bring her brother back to life and she ends up bringing a lot more people into existence

I am hoping to go see Endgame on Wednesday or Thursday. I don't bother to go see movies in theaters much, but I am hyped for it.

I actually waited for the first IW to come out on video and amazingly managed to avoid spoilers all that time(others than hint here or there that the bad guy kind of won and something big happened at the end) but I don't want to risk it again since Endgame is a payoff for so much.

I was not a fan of 

Spoiler

The Hulk. Just overall, I would have preferred more Hulking out. I don't mind Bruce and Hulk being one, but when you hear that the Hulk is literally killing people in the cartel, and then you get... that thing. The OK-ish Bulk. It is just kinda weak. I don't want to see the Hulk be tamed and neutered. 

Also, 

Spoiler

If Thanos can just kill everyone and make a whole new universe, why can't he just make loads of food? Like, I thought the stones were a 1 time use, but they aren't. So, why not use it to create? Literal endless prosperity. Of course, governments and despot will still be governments and despots, but still. 

25 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I was not a fan of 

Hide contents

The Hulk. Just overall, I would have preferred more Hulking out. I don't mind Bruce and Hulk being one, but when you hear that the Hulk is literally killing people in the cartel, and then you get... that thing. The OK-ish Bulk. It is just kinda weak. I don't want to see the Hulk be tamed and neutered. 

Spoiler

It was Hawkeye killing people in the cartel. Hence the scene with killing the Japanese guy, he was some mafia/Yakuza kingpin. I'm guessing you misheard "Barton" as "Banner". 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Reveal hidden contents

Well, fuck me running! I did indeed. Not sure how I did that. 

1 hour ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

Hide contents

That or to bring her brother back to life and she ends up bringing a lot more people into existence

None of that is going to happen lol

Spoiler

The multiverse is more of a DC thing... Marvel has it, but not to the extent that DC does.  I can see one of the unforeseen circumstances of the snap being mutants being brought into existence.  Marvel can definitely use this to introduce both Mutants AND the Fantastic Four.

8 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

None of that is going to happen lol

Hide contents

The multiverse is more of a DC thing... Marvel has it, but not to the extent that DC does.  I can see one of the unforeseen circumstances of the snap being mutants being brought into existence.  Marvel can definitely use this to introduce both Mutants AND the Fantastic Four.

Spoiler

Before Endgame I said it would be cool if a very small percentage of those that were snapped back were mutated. You could also have that only affect women who were pregnant at the time. You could also have that be the case for women who were pregnant and survived the snap. That is, the radiation did something to the unborn children exposed to the stones' radiation. That would mean we currently have some 4 and 5 year olds that could manifest powers any time now.

I look forward to watching both of the last 2 Avengers movies back to back....they will play really well together...

Additionally I look forward to watching all the Avenger films together, they hold great continuity.....  I include Cap 3: Civil War in this too....the "unofficial" Avengers movie..

21 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Hide contents

Before Endgame I said it would be cool if a very small percentage of those that were snapped back were mutated. You could also have that only affect women who were pregnant at the time. You could also have that be the case for women who were pregnant and survived the snap. That is, the radiation did something to the unborn children exposed to the stones' radiation. That would mean we currently have some 4 and 5 year olds that could manifest powers any time now.

well if that were the case 

Spoiler

we won't really see X-Men for a couple of decades...unless we are going to get a kindergarten xmen team :p 

48 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Hide contents

24 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

Reveal hidden contents

Except

Spoiler

Mutant powers don't manifest until puberty typically.

7 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Except

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I was joking about the kiddie team, but it was why I was saying we wouldn't see mutants for quite some time

as cool as the whole infinity/endgame story was, when you really think about it the implications on the world are a massive headache

36 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I'm perfectly ok with them not touching the franchise for a whole bunch of years. We could also just get another time skip. It's currently 2024 in the MCU?

Now I have to wonder. Will Marvel squeeze many movies and events into the same year to get the real calendar matching the MCU's again or will they just not care anymore? That is, just have the next five years of movies all take place in 2024.