Game of Thrones - Season 8 - Starting April 14th

TwinIon

Just now, Bacon said:

I don't get how that is even possible. 

We need to figure out the dragon to people ratio.l because they were part of that equal footing thing.  Two dragons could equal a shit ton of people. Plus I think they are portraying the armies as bigger than they realistically can. 

6 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Saved Jamie and Shot a Dragon. Fought for Tyrion. And I get that he always does shit for money so it isn't selfless, but you can still be heroic while wanting to get paid.

Edit: He just seemed much more vicious this time and I didn't like that. 

Because as i said in my earlier post, he's fed up with their shit. He obviously doesn't WANT to kill them or else he would have done it and gotten his reward from Cersei but he's running out of patience. He had a chance to fight for Tyrion again against The Mountain and didn't. There's very little that's actually heroic about Bronn.

26 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

That's the main problem with this shortened season - everything is going to be condensed to a completely infuriating degree.

You mean like Bronn casually walking into Winterfell with a crossbow and just managing to stumble into the room with the very 2 people he needs to confront?

2 minutes ago, 69los said:

You mean like Bronn casually walking into Winterfell with a crossbow and just managing to stumble into the room with the very 2 people he needs to confront?

Yeah I’m sure he just randomly kept kicking in doors until he was right. Do we need scenes of Bronn walking around Winterfell until he finds their location? Lol 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, johnny said:

Yeah I’m sure he just randomly kept kicking in doors until he was right. Do we need scenes of Bronn walking around Winterfell until he finds their location? Lol 

No, but that would have been amazing

3 minutes ago, 69los said:

I know! What the fuck was up with that?

When Dany was flying with her dragons, I was thinking "Aw glad he's feeling better! OH SHIT!" but her flying right at them afterward was really stupid. Not sure what's gonna happen next episode but shit's about to go down.

3 minutes ago, johnny said:

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

No, but that would have been amazing

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

"Hey you Lannister cunts! You in here?" :lol:

Now, THAT is the sort of comedic interlude that's desperately needed!

3 minutes ago, NeoJoe said:

I know! What the fuck was up with that?

When Dany was flying with her dragons, I was thinking "Aw glad he's feeling better! OH SHIT!" but her flying right at them afterward was really stupid. Not sure what's gonna happen next episode but shit's about to go down.

Dany wasn’t thinking she was just angry as fuck because she’s the mad queen and eventually she realized she was gonna get fucked up and left 

57 minutes ago, fuckle85 said:

It's just dumb decision after dumb decision from characters who should know better but don't, and a lot of far fetch moments happening because plot and such. 

The entire show is predicated on this. Ned, Robb, and Cat being almost incalculably foolish dum dums drives most of the action in the first three seasons. Tyrion’s brainwave for keeping Shae a secret is putting her somewhere she’ll be constantly seen by all of his opponents. Stannis doesn’t have a cogent thought rattling around in his skull. And Theon... eesh.

That’s just kind of the table stakes. I get that it manifests itself differently when it comes to battles, since the visual portrayal makes some of the silliness more obvious. But for real if Ned and Cat had a combined IQ of 100 the show wouldn’t have made it to season 2. :p Just lean into it. 

• Thanks 1

I was waiting for something to happen like Jamie fucking up again (or not being tolerated for the stuff he's already done) and Arya killing him, who then takes his face and sneaks into king's landing to kill Cersei.  Next episode she bodies Cersei (fulfilling both the prophecy and some sweet Stark Revenge) only to be disgustingly murdered by The Mountain as soon as it happens. As soon as the raven message gets to Winterfell's army that evening, Clegane overhears what happens which sparks Cleganebowl, and so on.  

2 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

The entire show is predicated on this. Ned, Rob, and Cat being almost incalculably foolish dum dums drives most of the action in the first three seasons. Tyrion’s brainwave for keeping Shae a secret is putting here somewhere she’ll be constantly seen by all of his opponents. Stannis doesn’t have a cogent thought rattling around in his skull. And Theon... eesh.

That’s just kind of the table stakes. I get that it manifests itself differently when it comes to battles, since the visual portrayal makes some of the silliness more obvious. But for real if Ned and Cat had a combined IQ of 100 the show wouldn’t have made it to season 2. :p Just lean into it. 

But the thing is, mostly it felt like the dumber/more risky decisions that characters made were fewer back then and definitely less obvious, and they usually paid for mistakes harder.  That's been happening less with the later seasons.  Often, the opposite. The show has been breaking its own rules a bit too much for me to take it as seriously as I did, though it's still very engaging at times.

11 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

The entire show is predicated on this. Ned, Robb, and Cat being almost incalculably foolish dum dums drives most of the action in the first three seasons. Tyrion’s brainwave for keeping Shae a secret is putting here somewhere she’ll be constantly seen by all of his opponents. Stannis doesn’t have a cogent thought rattling around in his skull. And Theon... eesh.

Shit if Robb could have just married that ugly girl shit would be a lot different 

1 minute ago, johnny said:

Shit if Robb could have just married that ugly girl shit would be a lot different 

The only major things Cat is right about in the first three seasons are that the Karstarks will bail if Robb beheads their lord and that Robb breaking his engagement with Mystery Frey is a bad idea. She’s wrong about literally everything else that actually matters. Ned is even worse, the only smart thing he does is teach Arya how to fence. At every other turn he’s living that nightmare where you’re taking an exam for a class you never went to.