Game of Thrones - Season 8 - Starting April 14th

TwinIon

Honestly I don’t think winterfell was big enough for them to CGI over 100k people. They have shown less than there actually are which sucks but if they’re saying there’s still a lot left then there are a lot left 

They never even said that there's only 50% of the Dothraki remaining, they said 50% of the Unsullied and another group. All they said was, "the remaining Dothraki", or something to that effect. Are we really arguing about this now!? 

42 minutes ago, johnny said:

Honestly I don’t think winterfell was big enough for them to CGI over 100k people. They have shown less than there actually are which sucks but if they’re saying there’s still a lot left then there are a lot left 

The Dothraki looked like a smaller group than the Unsullied, but aren't they supposed to be quite a bit larger? Unless I'm mistaken, that's multiple times larger. The CG in the pan shots of that battle really screwed with the numbers there are supposed to be. Dany was supposed to have had an army twice the size of Cersei's along with two dragons. It's supposedly now equal in size to Cersei's with her one last dragon, and that's without any of the Freefolk.

48 minutes ago, Brick said:

They never even said that there's only 50% of the Dothraki remaining, they said 50% of the Unsullied and another group. All they said was, "the remaining Dothraki", or something to that effect.

I thought it was 50% of the total army are still alive and some of that percent are injured. 

50 minutes ago, Brick said:

Are we really arguing about this now!? 

Hair Color 

1 hour ago, TheLeon said:

I just went back to the planning scene, and the first time I didn't even realize that there was a Dothraki guy there. He doesn't say anything, just takes some of his chips off the board then fades to the back of the room. 

How could a Dotrhaki dude be there when they CLEARLY all died at the beginning of the battle? NO SURVIVORS :p

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

The Dothraki looked like a smaller group than the Unsullied, but aren't they supposed to be quite a bit larger? Unless I'm mistaken, that's multiple times larger. The CG in the pan shots of that battle really screwed with the numbers there are supposed to be. Dany was supposed to have had an army twice the size of Cersei's along with two dragons. It's supposedly now equal in size to Cersei's with her one last dragon, and that's without any of the Freefolk.

Yeah, it honestly probably would have been a mistake for Cersei to attack a small number of them. And Cersei doesn’t give a shit about the city and people so she may feel like she has a better chance of killing the dragon if she can provoke Dany into raging out. 

7 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

People really care that much about Ghost? Is that a book reader thing? I honestly can’t really remember him playing that big a role. I feel like maybe he saved Jon once?

The direwolves play a bigger role in the books, but people just love doggos in general. It's not surprising a lot of people feel they handled that scene wrong.

45 minutes ago, fuckle85 said:

welp. 

41 minutes ago, johnny said:

That makes no sense 

25 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Translation: "We didn't have the budget or time to have Jon do a whole tearful goodbye thing, so we took a shortcut".

On 5/6/2019 at 1:55 PM, Spork3245 said:

Jon didn’t pet Ghost simply because rendering the hair movements of a green screened wolf via CGI would have put them over budget.

I CALLED IT

1 hour ago, Mercury33 said:

People really care that much about Ghost? Is that a book reader thing? I honestly can’t really remember him playing that big a role. I feel like maybe he saved Jon once?

He's a good doggo.

How the fuck is it too expensive to render a direwolf when you're fucking Game of Fucking Thrones and have fucking dragons on all the time, and can make hordes of zombies, and smoke monsters come out of a vagina!? 

4 hours ago, Brick said:

How the fuck is it too expensive to render a direwolf when you're fucking Game of Fucking Thrones and have fucking dragons on all the time, and can make hordes of zombies, and smoke monsters come out of a vagina!? 

Fur is hard.

10 hours ago, Brick said:

It's not that they couldn't do it. They chose not to given all the other VFX shots and stuff they needed to do. I'm not saying it was the right choice but I understand how they came to make it.

Finally watched episode 4. That entire scene at the wall was better than 99% of the battle of winterfell and a good reminder of what makes GoT so compelling at it’s best.

On 5/7/2019 at 2:50 PM, 2user1cup said:

Daredevil sucks 

How dare you.

13 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Finally watched episode 4. That entire scene at the wall was better than 99% of the battle of winterfell and a good reminder of what makes GoT so compelling at it’s best.

Agreed. Episode 3!wasnt that special for me.