Game of Thrones - Season 8 - Starting April 14th

TwinIon

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5cd06146e4b0548b735dd44a

The Night King was defeated, and he’s been the true threat the whole series. What’s it like for Tormund to now be able to go back home and resume his regular life?

He can have a good night’s sleep for the first time in many years. You know, Mance Rayder [Ciarán Hinds] gathered all those beyond the Wall to fight the dead, and now they have. But it’s called “Game of Thrones,” it’s not called “Defeat of the Dead.” [Laughs]

I’m not one to nitpick, and I don’t particularly care, but the time-distance abuse is comical this season. 

*Bronn shows up at Winterfell in like 12 hours*

”It will take Jon a fortnite to reach the capital!”

10 minutes ago, Chris- said:

I’m not one to nitpick, and I don’t particularly care, but the time-distance abuse is comical this season. 

LBR Jon is dumb as a box of rocks and takes him way longer to do anything than it should.

14 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Bronn can travel faster by himself than Jon with an army but yeah it doesn’t line up. I think Bronn got there in like, 4 days at most? 

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I have to work both next Sunday and Monday. :( 

Guess I'll try to watch it if I have time Monday morning after I get home, because social media and the internet in general have been especially douchey about posting spoilers right after episodes. 

Other places people who have seen the spoilers are tipping off what might happen. Like they’re not trying to spoil it but they’re hinting at shit when they talk because of what they know. I wanna kick them in the dick. Don’t speculate with everybody else if you read the spoilers smfh 

2 minutes ago, johnny said:

Other places people who have seen the spoilers are tipping off what might happen. Like they’re not trying to spoil it but they’re hinting at shit when they talk because of what they know. I wanna kick them in the dick. Don’t speculate with everybody else if you read the spoilers smfh 

Why people gotta be assholes?

8 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

Does Dany have a sizable force? She is there now with only who accompanied her on the ships right?  Those ships were destroyed and whoever swam to shore is all she has left right?

Jon is coming with the more sizable armies, but he's still not close to Kings Landing.  

Also with Tyrion on the ships, the fact they were completely unprepared and surprised by the Iron Fleet makes no sense.  Dany might not be the smartest tactically, but at least Tyrion would probably say, umm maybe we shouldn't just sail straight to Kings Landing with the entire Iron Fleet reinforcing her.  The only explanation would be, with the 2 dragons they may have been way overconfident and not worried about running into the Iron Fleet since the Dragons theoretically should be able to waste the fleet quickly.  But they know they had ballistas in previous battles, so even that just seems too unbelievable to me.

They weren't going straight to King's Landing when they were ambushed.  They were going to Dragonstone.

Dany has lost the two people closest to her, two of her children and is being conspired by her two closest advisors... yeah she's probably heading into full "mad queen" mode. She's going to do even more damage to king's landing than she intends to because of the Wildfire still stored under the city.

• Like 1

So, I feel like Arya is going to kill The Hound to kill The Mountain. When they were previously traveling together she said something like “one day I’m going to drive my sword through your eye and out the back of your skull”. The Hound will probably about to get his head squished or already dying or something when Arya does it, though, of course.

:shrug: 

Compared to the rest of the seasons this one is moving at lightning speed, and seems to just be throwing things out the window to get there, i have a hard time believing a fleet of ships could not only evade detection by 2 dragons, but to also get into kill range then snipe them out of the sky with fucking ballistas while moving laterally is just laughable.

7 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Compared to the rest of the seasons this one is moving at lightning speed, and seems to just be throwing things out the window to get there, i have a hard time believing a fleet of ships could not only evade detection by 2 dragons, but to also get into kill range then snipe them out of the sky with fucking ballistas while moving laterally is just laughable.

As far as the hiding goes then sure they could if they were behind a tall enough island and outcropping of land and knew the direction the dragons were going to fly straight from. As far as sniping them. If you have a general idea where they’re coming from and have a scout to tell you when they’re getting close you could probably pull it off. 

Not saying that’s all likely. Just that I can enough of a way it could be done. 

1 hour ago, Mercury33 said:

As far as the hiding goes then sure they could if they were behind a tall enough island and outcropping of land and knew the direction the dragons were going to fly straight from. As far as sniping them. If you have a general idea where they’re coming from and have a scout to tell you when they’re getting close you could probably pull it off. 

Not saying that’s all likely. Just that I can enough of a way it could be done. 

Its just all super rushed, and weird, Cersi in reality ends this all by killing that little gathering she had outside the wall, they were literally in range of the archerers let along the ballistas, lol.  Everything everyone is doing is stupid and bad.

10 hours ago, johnny said:

Those spoilers might be false, or at least part of them. Like, even the person who posted them said they might be fake and is now unsure of their validity. So, even if you see spoilers they might just be made up BS. 

48 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Its just all super rushed, and weird, Cersi in reality ends this all by killing that little gathering she had outside the wall, they were literally in range of the archerers let along the ballistas, lol.  Everything everyone is doing is stupid and bad.

I'm rooting for Cersi as if last week.

11 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

I don’t disagree this season feels rushed. Even two more episodes would have gone a long way. But if they were Parlaying then there’s your reason she didn’t attack. Also killing Dany and 60 troops ends the war? Cause Jon wouldn’t have been pissed and continued the war?

8 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

I don’t disagree this season feels rushed. Even two more episodes would have gone a long way. But if they were Parlaying then there’s your reason she didn’t attack. Also killing Dany and 60 troops ends the war? Cause Jon wouldn’t have been pissed and continued the war?

With no dragon, assaulting an equal or even greater force, at a fortified location, sure.

Just now, PaladinSolo said:

With no dragon, assaulting an equal or even greater force, sure.

Thats making an assumption that the Dragon would just sit there and got shot. The first dragon got shot out of the air by surprise. The second one saw it coming and dodged all the bolts. Not to mention the dragon was significantly further back than the small parlay party.