Trump Team Reportedly Bracing For Mueller Report to Drop as Early as Wednesday

5 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

It is still crazy to me how relatively little attention was paid to Manafort flipping.

The election was coming up, Mueller went silent, and everyone just kind of forgot that, by all appearances, Mueller got his Sammy Gravano.

The Manafort thing was HUGE when it happened, the news cycle just moved past it and The Mueller thing went quiet because of the election. Word is Don Jr. might be in  trouble.

Just now, MarSolo said:

So Mueller never got his sit down interview with Trump?

That was my favorite part of Fear, reading about the lawyers trying to do a mock interview with Trump and Trump just losing it by the second question and going off on a tangent.

If(and that's a big if) Mueller is going to release his report without pressing the issue of an interview at all, that is likely horrible news for Trump.

It means either they have him dead to rights, or the evidence against Trump is waaaaay weaker than it sure looks from the outside.

Remember, Team Trump seemed to genuinely consider a written Q&A as a compromise. We assumed Mueller hasn't agreed to that because he is ready for fight over compelling an in person interview.

If Mueller didn't want the Q&A...well, like I said. It would seem either he has him dead to rights with other evidence, or the evidence was so weak as to not even pursue answers.

My wet dream is that after the new congress starts, we are really getting into the full scope of everything, and there is so much corruption in this that it takes out both Trump and Pence, leaving us with who ever the Democratic speaker of the house is as President, and it even takes down a bunch of Republican senators and congressmen. 

It will never happen. And with the senate the way it is and will be, it could be overwhelming evidence of a huge list of crimes, including treason, and it would not be enough for Republicans to vote to impeach. And Trump wouldn't resign. Why should he, with the protection of the office of the President and the Republican party. 

2 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

My wet dream is that after the new congress starts, we are really getting into the full scope of everything, and there is so much corruption in this that it takes out both Trump and Pence, leaving us with who ever the Democratic speaker of the house is as President, and it even takes down a bunch of Republican senators and congressmen. 

It will never happen. And with the senate the way it is and will be, it could be overwhelming evidence of a huge list of crimes, including treason, and it would not be enough for Republicans to vote to impeach. And Trump wouldn't resign. Why should he, with the protection of the office of the President and the Republican party. 

President Pelosi would cause ever Boomer's head to spontaneously explode. Meaning, America can finally join the 21st century.

5 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

If the GOP knows that there is a chance that Mueller could bring down both Trump and Pence, the party's best bet is to have both of them resign before January 3rd so Paul Ryan becomes President.  They could hold off until after the new congress is sworn in to nominate a new VP, because the VP is confirmed by the Senate, and the GOP will still control that chamber. 

20 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Trump is probably fine, and pence is absolutely not involved.

Pence lied about something.

If memory serves, and this was a while back, Congressional Democrats repeatedly sent warnings to the Trump campaign about Flynn and his shady dealings during the transition warning them against hiring him.

Later, when the shit hit the fan Pence denied ever being aware of those warnings.....despite being in charge of the transition.

That said, the only faint glimmer of a hope to actually convict Trump in the Senate is if evidence can be brought to bear so powerful that leaving him in would be untenable. I think there is an off chance that Trump is so corrupt, and has been for so long, that there is a possibility that evidence exists. There's almost no chance it does for Pence. Certainly not enough for the GOP to willingly hand over the presidency.

And it would probably be a political nightmare for Democrats if this ever did happen. They'd still get nothing done because of the Senate, but they'd also give the GOP exactly what they want; a boogeyman that could rival Clinton.

It's almost comical to think how the right would react if the Republican president AND Vice President were eliminated to install President Pelosi of all people. Civil War Electric Boogaloo might be on the table :lol:

9 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

Why do you all bother to entertain/delude yourselves with these nigh-impossible fantasies?

I think I was pretty level-headed in my assessment. 

And besides, I think there is value in the truth.....just the truth.

Even if there were no political gain, I would want corruption exposed. 

Spoiler alert: the Mueller report will be largely kept behind closed doors and Donald Trump won’t get in trouble legally or otherwise for anything. 

Lock this thread and pin it to the top.

18 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Spoiler alert: the Mueller report will be largely kept behind closed doors and Donald Trump won’t get in trouble legally or otherwise for anything. 

That's how I'm feeling as well.

I look forward to two years of congressional investigations that will make Trump look bad to people who already don't like him and fire up the people who already do like him. It'll bring us one step closer to our broken government's collapse

2 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Democrats are even prepping a break-glass scenario in case there’s a Nixon-era Saturday Night Massacre during which Trump fires his current DOJ leadership and tries to shutter the Mueller probe in the process. If that happens, senior Democratic officials say Mueller would likely get an immediate summons to Capitol Hill for nationally televised testimony about his findings.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/07/mueller-house-democratic-majority-970325