Star Wars: The Acolyte (Dark Side-focused series set during The High Republic) to debut on June 4 - Official Trailer

1 hour ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

That's a striking poster, hope it doesn't turn out to be the best thing about this show! 

I mean....the premise sounds really promising.

Premising?

I'll see myself out.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Massdriver said:

I like the concept. I also would like to see a show following a Tie squadron or capital ship. It may not make good tv showing tie fighter pilots in their suits thought! 

I get what you're saying but they had a whole series on clone troopers. They find a way to give masked people personalities and no-mask time.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Star Wars: The Acolyte (Dark Side-focused series set during The High Republic) to debut on June 4 - Official Trailer

Well that’s gonna have the fan bois going nuts with all the lightsaber wooshing. That is 90% of what Star Wars is to them. 

Another show filmed almost exclusively on the Volume. So as far as fighting goes they have about 12 square feet of space move around. smh. Kind of shit that fanfilms made for youtube over 10 years ago have more scale and spectacle that what Disney has been doing. 

I will probably watch it, but my expectations are very low. 

Carrie-Anne Moss is carrying this for me. And the action looks fun. So I'm definitely going to give it a shot.

But uhhh yeah looks pretty generic TV sci-fi. The trailer is full of worn out trailer tropes from the musical queues to the reveal. Makes me feel the show will do the same. Also, I feel like we saw some grainy version of this from a con at some point.

I just want some big budget movies of Star Wars. That's its home. The TV thing has been hit and miss. Not that the movies aren't of course but they have higher highs with equal lows.

7 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Well that’s gonna have the fan bois going nuts with all the lightsaber wooshing. That is 90% of what Star Wars is to them. 

As someone who spends several hours flying Star Wars miniatures around a gaming table each week, I don't think that is the case.