What's everyone's thoughts on Bioshock Infinite?

best3444

I totally forgot I had this in my steam library. I am going to download it shortly but I was curious in what you guys thought about it? I think I only played Bioshock and Bioshock 2. Part 2 I never finished but part 1 at the time was incredible. 

16 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I enjoyed it. I enjoyed it more than Bioshock.

Well I played roughly 30 minutes and was very impressed. Not only do the visuals hold up (put everything on ultra) but the gameplay and combat are great. It has that magic from the original Bioshock but is a lot different too. I think I'll play more tonight. 

4 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Good but flawed game with questionable politics and ending 

Yea I'm reading up on it now and I've read this very thing. I'm still probably going to play through the game because it's only about 11 hours long. 

13 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Yea I'm reading up on it now and I've read this very thing. I'm still probably going to play through the game because it's only about 11 hours long. 

I really liked it. Worth a play through for sure. They do some really cool stuff with music. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I really liked it. Worth a play through for sure. They do some really cool stuff with music. 

Well the atmosphere out of the gate is tremendous. Music was tight, too. They try to recreate the Rapture scene in the beginning and I think they pull it off quite well. 

1 minute ago, stepee said:

All three Bioshock games are great and I can’t wait for Judas.

I liked part 2 but fell off it. I think I remember you saying part 2 is actually BETTER than Bioshock 1. Yes, I'm really looking forward to Judas. 

Just now, best3444 said:

I liked part 2 but fell off it. I think I remember you saying part 2 is actually BETTER than Bioshock 1. Yes, I'm really looking forward to Judas. 

I think as a game it’s better than Bioshock, but the overall story isn’t as good and it doesn’t have the same impact. They are all great though.

• Hype 1

It’s great and better than the original. The original was limited IMO because all interactions are just over the radio or through glass. Infinite has someone always interacting with you and it’s all the better because of it. 

It ties to two games together in a fun way too if you’re into weird stories :p

• Thanks 1
  • Hype 1

13 minutes ago, legend said:

It’s great and better than the original. The original was limited IMO because all interactions are just over the radio or through glass. Infinite has someone always interacting with you and it’s all the better because of it. 

It ties to two games together in a fun way too if you’re into weird stories :p

That's cool that it ties the other 2 in. I hope there is a twist like in the original. 

I loved all three Bioshock games in their day, and Infinite is probably the best overall. That’s one I should revisit some day. I bought the collection on Switch a while ago because it was a whole $10. Probably not the best place to play it, but whatever. 

Bioshock Infinite was a solid game, but IMHO nowhere near as impactful as the first game.

A big part of why the first game was so impactful, was down to how innovative it was.  The second game was "better" -- but it really was just an expansion of the first game -- with very little innovation in terms of new skills.

I really don't think I will ever be interested enough to  play it a second time.

3 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Bioshock Infinite was a solid game, but IMHO nowhere near as impactful as the first game.

A big part of why the first game was so impactful, was down to how innovative it was.  The second game was "better" -- but it really was just an expansion of the first game -- with very little innovation in terms of new skills.

I really don't think I will ever be interested enough to  play it a second time.

Yea the first Bioshock blew me the fuck away. I don't expect Infinite to touch that but some here consider it the best of the 3 overall. 

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Yea the first Bioshock blew me the fuck away. I don't expect Infinite to touch that but some here consider it the best of the 3 overall. 

Its 6 years newer -- so that makes some sense.  However, the time travel mechanics/storytelling never connected with me.

• Sad 1

Well I played for almost 2 hours. I got a cool vigor in the beginning that I liked but then got two more which took the one I liked away lol...

So I guess you can only have two set vigors at a time and maybe I missed the part where I could choose to keep the one I liked. The combat is really basic so far but satisfying. For a 2013 the game has a lot going on at any given time with impressive visuals. The character models have definitely aged. So far, I dig it. 

• Like 1

I enjoyed it. Ending is a bit derpy but other than the original I can’t think of many games I’ve gotten to the end of and thought it was a meaningful conclusion to what I just experienced. 

Ruiner has a “would you kindly” kind of ending that I enjoyed but I feel like I’m the only person to ever play it so who cares.

It has the best shooting mechanics and is the best feeling of the three games, but it's stripped down in terms of the immersive-sim-lite elements that Bioshock and Bioshock 2 favored.  It's a much more linear shooter.  This is not a bad thing, it's just a different approach that was adopted based on the game's arduous and overambitious development.  The game's politics are definitely flawed but I really didn't think it was nearly as egregious as more modern criticism would have you believe.