Jump to content

Update: top Saudi official issued "death threat" against UN official investigating Khashoggi's murder


Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Saudi Arabia finally said he's dead, but that he died in a fist fight gone bad and is holding 18 people, like who would be dumb enough to believe this shit. 

 

I just saw this... so Khashoggi is now  Neo and took on a mob of 18 goons in hand to hand combat before they killed him :|

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PaladinSolo said:

Saudi Arabia finally said he's dead, but that he died in a fist fight gone bad and is holding 18 people, like who would be dumb enough to believe this 

 

 

I always love it when these scandals take a week to come out with a "She's from Canada, you wouldn't know her" level excuses.

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Saudi Arabia finally said he's dead, but that he died in a fist fight gone bad and is holding 18 people, like who would be dumb enough to believe this shit. 

 

17 days to come up with that.

 

Yikes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the outcomes of this entire Khashoggi affair is just how thoroughly it appears that Turkish intelligence services had bugged Saudi diplomatic facilities if the amount of audio evidence the Turks claim to have actually exists.  I'd imagine that any embassy/consulate that does not routinely conduct bug sweeps must have been pretty damned busy over the last two weeks to figure out if they have a similar problem as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

One of the outcomes of this entire Khashoggi affair is just how thoroughly it appears that Turkish intelligence services had bugged Saudi diplomatic facilities if the amount of audio evidence the Turks claim to have actually exists.  I'd imagine that any embassy/consulate that does not routinely conduct bug sweeps must have been pretty damned busy over the last two weeks to figure out if they have a similar problem as well.

 

Meanwhile at the White House they're trying to figure out whether there was any room left over once the Russian listening devices were installed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

That's exactly what it is.

 

Am I just making shit up, or isn't there historically competition between Turkey and Arabia to be in the driver's seat of the Sunni world?

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Jason said:

 

Am I just making shit up, or isn't there historically competition between Turkey and Arabia to be in the driver's seat of the Sunni world?

I'll have to review my Islamic history, but I'm pretty sure that the Arab/Turk rivalry for the pole position of Sunni Islam was very much an issue as the Ottoman Empire rose.

 

The fact of the matter is that the House of Saud's claim to stewardship of the holy cities of Mecca and Medina is largely based on the family's wars of unification rather than any religious authority.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

So why does turkey care so much? I mean, they're not above jailing journalists, so is it a regional balance of power type thing?

Well there is the part where they used a diplomatic compound within their borders to murder, dismember, and then smuggle his body out of the country, without their knowledge, that's not exactly something any country is going to just shrug its shoulders on. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

 

Totally exculpatory evidence in the favor of the Saudi story, obviously. 

 

"Hey Jim you seemed to punch him pretty hard I think he might be dead?"

 

"Oh no that's exactly what I didn't want to happen. What should we do?"

 

"Put on his clothes and walk around in public?"

 

"Brilliant."

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: top Saudi official issued "death threat" against UN official investigating Khashoggi's murder

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...