Insomniac just had a massive leak with upcoming titles and practically everything else

Dodger

Wolverine is a bit further out than I thought if that sticks. I 100% called that Venom game though damn. 

Saddest thing is apparently Rachet didn’t do that well which is probably why they don’t get to try again until 29 :/ That’s a long ass wait in between games, I was hoping it did better and would get some kind of a dedicated team for those. It does sound like their plan is to bring it back as something more ambitious so hopefully it works out and it won’t be another 9 years after that.

That timeline, for someone who is absolutely not a Marvel fan, is one of the most depressing things I've seen from a big name studio that wasn't "we're laying everyone off."

Like goddamn, that looks dire to my eyes.

Does Y axis mean anything? To me it looks like it's either just there for spacing... or for expected returns.

• True 2
  • Halal 2

15 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

That timeline, for someone who is absolutely not a Marvel fan, is one of the most depressing things I've seen from a big name studio that wasn't "we're laying everyone off."

Remember, Sony bought them just to make them the marvel making game. Gross.

7 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Possible 2 part Spider Man 3?

spacer.png

Sounds like there is even more stuff leaked 

Uh oh, someone saw Final Fantasy 7 Remake and thought "why don't we just chop up our game too?"

I suppose Miles Morales could be seen like that, but this looks a bit more cynical.

1 minute ago, Xbob42 said:

This kind of stuff makes me rock hard though. Not the part where Insomniac kind of gets fucked over, moreso the spilling of all these juicy industry secrets and behind-the-scenes strategies.

A lot of of this shit is on the banned site including license terms with Marvel over the X-men games and the royalty split and such. Yeah sucks for Insomniac, but we’re getting a lot of behind the scenes info we’d never get otherwise

R&C looks like it was added to appease Insomniac. If Sony is forecasting Spiderman 3 to be a $100 game with 24M sales, R&C can’t do those numbers. It’s dead. 

IMGUR.COM

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs...

Here are the plans for the next R&C.

undefined-Imgur.png

Seeing R&C never ramps up, makes me doubtful

undefined-Imgur.jpg

R&C lost money. Goddamn. 

6 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Depressing is the wrong word.  I'm not some Marvel junkie either, but this sort of schedule is still an anomaly in the AAA space. 

Imagine if Rocksteady Studios developed a mascot platformer as a fun side project while spending 9 years on Suicide Squad.

15 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Those Powerpoints have so many errors --- bad grammar, inconsistent use of periods, weird use of short forms.  That it probably wasn't from a senior management meeting.

Tell me you’ve never worked with senior management without telling me you’ve never worked with senior management :p

• Sicko Sherman 1

9 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Tell me you’ve never worked with senior management without telling me you’ve never worked with senior management :p

Part of my job years ago was to coordinate Board decks at a company with more than $170 billion in revenue.

Senior management at those companies don't do the slides.  They do tend to kick the shit out of their minions if there are errors in the slides.

7 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Does Y axis mean anything? To me it looks like it's either just there for spacing... or for expected returns.

Actually kind of surprised Sony isnt' willing to let Insomniac work on original IP's that Sony would outright own, rather than making them a Marvel studio.

But they have sold gangbusters so can't really blame them either.

17 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Actually kind of surprised Sony isnt' willing to let Insomniac work on original IP's that Sony would outright own, rather than making them a Marvel studio.

But they have sold gangbusters so can't really blame them either.

Its a cross-media IP, with Insomniac's games not coming to Xbox/Nintendo platforms.  That's probably the bigger reason.  It pushes Sony's consoles, in spite of whatever subscription differential exists.

7 hours ago, Dodger said:

Sony concerns about MS post ABK

spacer.png

spacer.png

3 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I'm skeptical of this. The verbage seems a bit too..... fanboyish.

2 hours ago, Chris- said:

The verbiage isn't fanboyish, it is corporate speak through and through. It wouldn't surprise me if that was ripped straight from SIE's strategic plan.

1 hour ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Those Powerpoints have so many errors --- bad grammar, inconsistent use of periods, weird use of short forms.  That it probably wasn't from a senior management meeting.

53 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

44 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Part of my job years ago was to coordinate Board decks at a company with more than $170 billion in revenue.

Senior management at those companies don't do the slides.  They do tend to kick the shit out of their minions if there are errors in the slides.

The veracity of those two particular slides has been called into question:

From the TechNoir "X" account:

I will not discuss any of the info genuinely leaked. But just an FYI, THESE TWO IMAGES AREN’T PART OF THE LEAK. THEY’RE FAKE. I’ve checked all the PowerPoints personally in the data dump.