Insomniac just had a massive leak with upcoming titles and practically everything else

Dodger

On 12/20/2023 at 12:05 AM, Dodger said:

Anyone want to let me hold about 3 grand then. The only thing stopping me at this point is the upfront entry cost. That and I’ll blow all this money just to go play the Disgaea games or something on it.

The best PC is the one that fits your Budget, and plays the games that you want to the best.

Any idiot can tell you that you shouldn't spend more than $X.  Or that you need to spend $X.

The reality is, you can buy a Chromebook for a few hundred dollars to stream games and have good experiences, or you can spend $10k to get a monster rig to have great experiences. But what do you want to do with it?

Do you exclusively play Counterstrike and just want max FPS at low detail?  Do you only play Roblox, and only need a basic computer?  Are you running triple monitors in a sim racing rig?  Are you looking to run AAAA+ games at 4k 120fps at Unobtanium settings?

The reality is gamers have different financial resources, and want different experiences.

I have a buddy who games a LOT and does it on an Xbox -- and drives a 911.  I have a decent PC (and no car ATM).  He's happy with his decision.  I'm happy with mine.  Who's to say who's right?

2 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

The best PC is the one that fits your Budget, and plays the games that you want to the best.

Any idiot can tell you that you shouldn't spend more than $X.  Or that you need to spend $X.

The reality is, you can buy a Chromebook for a few hundred dollars to stream games and have good experiences, or you can spend $10k to get a monster rig to have great experiences. But what do you want to do with it?

Do you exclusively play Counterstrike and just want max FPS at low detail?  Do you only play Roblox, and only need a basic computer?  Are you running triple monitors in a sim racing rig?  Are you looking to run AAAA+ games at 4k 120fps at Unobtanium settings?

The reality is gamers have different financial resources, and want different experiences.

I have a buddy who games a LOT and does it on an Xbox -- and drives a 911.  I have a decent PC (and no car ATM).  He's happy with his decision.  I'm happy with mine.  Who's to say who's right?

I already have a series X. If I got a gaming PC it would be a glorified console hooked up my tv. For me, getting a gaming PC would be to play games at their max settings, since I already get decent performance on the X.

Just now, Dodger said:

I already have a series X. If I got a gaming PC it would be a glorified console hooked up my tv. For me, getting a gaming PC would be to play games at their max settings, since I already get decent performance on the X.

There is a huge gap between a Series X and Max settings.  The PC offers access to a lot of games/experiences not available on an Xbox -- and can run games a LOT better (even at far lower than $3k).

1 minute ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

There is a huge gap between a Series X and Max settings.  The PC offers access to a lot of games/experiences not available on an Xbox -- and can run games a LOT better (even at far lower than $3k).

im not going through all the hassle and expense of a gaming PC just to get a little better performance. It’s just not worth it. If I’m going to do it I need a considerable difference over what i already get on console or it’s just not worth it to, to me.

On 12/20/2023 at 6:09 PM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

This is a really good article that analyzes the information that was illegally procured and provides insight into the significant challenges involved in operating a studio in this day and age.  I highly encourage you to read it!

KOTAKU.COM

Internal documents show how a big PlayStation studio plans its future

Gaming is potentially in deep trouble. If Spider-Man 2 cost almost 1/3 of a billion dollars to make and part of the plan to reduce costs is a headcount reduction of 50-75 people… what the fuck are we actually talking about?

“We have to make future AAA franchise games for $350 million or less,” reads one slide from a “sustainable budgets” presentation earlier this year. “In today’s dollars, that’s like making [Spider-Man 2] for $215 million. That’s $65 million less than our [Spider-Man 2] budget.” Another slide puts the problem more starkly: “...is 3x the investment in [Spider-Man 2] evident to anyone who plays the game?”

Absolutely fucking not. Spider-Man 2 is rad as hell. It’s also the buggiest, crashiest AAA title I have ever played and is dramatically worse that Spider-Man 1 and Miles Morales in that regard.

6 minutes ago, Dodger said:

im not going through all the hassle and expense of a gaming PC just to get a little better performance. It’s just not worth it. If I’m going to do it I need a considerable difference over what i already get on console or it’s just not worth it to, to me.

You can get a "considerably" better performance on PC for a lot less than $3k.

Can your Xbox play TotK, God of War or Counterstrike 2?

On 12/20/2023 at 10:35 PM, legend said:

I think for many people the main value proposition of a gaming PC is much better graphics than console. But to get those much better graphics, you do have to pay for upper tier. 4k is a bit much, but 3k isn't crazy if you're buying everything from scratch. Consoles don't have to work as hard because developers can optimize for that fixed hardware so you need a fair amount of muscle to make a very big difference on PC. And if you're merely going to match, you might as well get a console. Even both is probably still cheaper.

There are other value propositions for PC of course, like being able to run your ancient games without purchasing a remake or hoping for BC, better mod support, etc. But I think the main one of interest to people who otherwise typically game on consoles is much better graphics and that does require substantial buy in.

I don’t know if only speak for myself here, but the main draw is the library.

Remember back in the day when people said the PS1 was much better than the N64 because of quantity + quality?  Yeah, that’s PC today.  Even more considering Sony and Microsoft port to it.

Second to that is not being upsold on subscriptions for features free on other devices.  And besides Games Pass, there's subscription options to own games outright.  (or leech to own in Epic’s case)

IMO, it’d be worth paying an extra hundred or two or three just for a console with those advantages.  Not even considering the power differential at those price points.

• True 1

28 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

You can get a "considerably" better performance on PC for a lot less than $3k.

Can your Xbox play TotK, God of War or Counterstrike 2?

Im aware the PC has more games than the Xbox, but for me its not worth the cost at this time

11 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Gotta remember Dodger isn't cut out for PC gaming. His last one something went wrong with and he was too lazy to figure out what it was. :p

If a friend hadn't helped build my first PC, I probably would have had to send it back. Hopefully, if I ever build another, it will go a lot smoother. From what I can recall, the heatsink was very difficult to install, and I thought the motherboard was going to crack under how much pressure we had to use to pop it in place. The motherboard wasn't grounded correctly or something, which he figured out when he brought it to his house for a few days.

It will probably be a little easier now; at least I have D1P to ask how to fix something.

I’m enjoying the civil war on resetera as they fight over grandstanding over how much they totally care about devs vs how much they totally care about ethics in journalism..it’s like right now the only thing they can agree on is there will be faux outrage one way or the other 

13 minutes ago, stepee said:

I’m enjoying the civil war on resetera as they fight over grandstanding over how much they totally care about devs vs how much they totally care about ethics in journalism..it’s like right now the only thing they can agree on is there will be faux outrage one way or the other 

Which side is getting banned more?

28 minutes ago, stepee said:

it has been interesting seeing some online who seemingly delighted in discussing information obtained from other leaked and breaches suddenly now act like they’re too principled to discuss this leak.  

12 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

it has been interesting seeing some online who seemingly delighted in discussing information obtained from other leaked and breaches suddenly now act like they’re too principled to discuss this leak.  

That’s really good stuff for sure but I’ve also seen the other side take it to the absolutely logical point of calling journalists doing that racist because they did it for Insomniac not Capcom it’s all real good

9 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

If a friend hadn't helped build my first PC, I probably would have had to send it back. Hopefully, if I ever build another, it will go a lot smoother. From what I can recall, the heatsink was very difficult to install, and I thought the motherboard was going to crack under how much pressure we had to use to pop it in place. The motherboard wasn't grounded correctly or something, which he figured out when he brought it to his house for a few days.

It will probably be a little easier now; at least I have D1P to ask how to fix something.

They are incredibly easy now, almost like building legos. The only somewhat challenging part is routing the fan cables. 

Even the thermal paste was preapplied on my AIO. 

On 12/22/2023 at 12:32 PM, Dodger said:

I do find all the takes stating that Wolverine is a 3 year timed PC/Xbox exclusive (people got it running on Xbox apparently) to be mildly amusing. 

Meanwhile, a Twitter/X user claimed that modders had succeeded porting the alpha build of Marvel’s Wolverine to XDK and making it fully playable via Xbox “Dev mode” on Xbox Series X and S. However, this turned out to be false. The individual later admitted that they made up the information.

TWISTEDVOXEL.COM

Internet Service Providers (ISPs) are reportedly sending DMCA notices to users who...

marvels-wolverine-dmca-notice.jpg

Looks like an updated slide from the leak had come out showing Rachet sold 4mil in the first two years (so not counting the pc port which didn’t release until a few months after) and made profit - so that amazing sounding 2029 Rachet seems a lot more likely now (I think it could happen anyway as a ps6 tech demo/testbed) so that is good news at least.

Now to just freeze myself for 5 years so I can play.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, stepee said:

Looks like an updated slide from the leak had come out showing Rachet sold 4mil in the first two years (so not counting the pc port which didn’t release until a few months after) and made profit - so that amazing sounding 2029 Rachet seems a lot more likely now (I think it could happen anyway as a ps6 tech demo/testbed) so that is good news at least.

Now to just freeze myself for 5 years so I can play.

Just freakin imagine Ratchet on a PS6. :o

• Hype 1