Insomniac just had a massive leak with upcoming titles and practically everything else

Dodger

11 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The veracity of those two particular slides has been called into question:

From the TechNoir "X" account:

9 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Well whoever faked them has a good understanding of how strategic planning groups actually speak!

Update: a ResetERA poster (Red Kong XIX) who has seen the leak from the ransomware group says that those two slides are very much real.

53 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

those sales would be higher if they released day and date with PC. They miss out on release window hype as everyone is more than cooled off by the time it releases on PC. 

There's a myriad of other factors to consider:

- How much less would it sell on PS5 if a PC port released simultaneously?

- What would the profit comparison be, fully factoring in the differential in PS5/PC game pricing and Steam royalties?

- How many fewer Sony consoles would be sold if 1st party single-player games launched simultaneously across platforms?

- Is it possible that the merits/failings of a staggered release could be game or series dependent?

- Would preparing a PC port simultaneously impact the speed of Insomniac's output?  Cause delays?

- Were the upgrades over console too out of reach for much of the PC audience at the time, as opposed to Horizon, God of War, Days Gone, etc?

etc.  I don’t think soft Spider-Man sales on PC would be the kicker for them changing their minds in of itself.  Horizon 2, TLOU2, a Ghosts port, etc, would need to dramatically underperform.

I was sad about Rachet and them being only a Marvel studio mostly but honestly if they hit those dates (and don’t can the new IP/rachet) that still will be two Rachet games and a new IP in ten years (2021-2031) which is more than most studios output!

And then I also remembered oh yeah their Marvel games are some of my all time favorite video games.

Edit: My guess is Rachet only exists to appease Insomniac as Brian said and also as a technology test bed to later implement what they learn in other more profitable games and also likely as a ps6 tech demo.

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

Good animations but can't really get anything out of that. It will be good. 

Agreed... combat looks solid. Reminds me of Naughty Dog actually. I wonder how we'll be able to upgrade Logan over the course of the game. Probably different moves and such. I can see his healing factor and enhanced senses coming into play... his sense being used to solve puzzles. Also that looked like The Hand he was fighting so I'm curious about what other characters we'll see. Sabretooth and Silver Samurai are givens. Omega Red? Maverick? Lady Deathstrike? Looking forward to this.

• Hype 1

It is a bummer that Wolverine is so far out, I expected it in 24 or 25 at the latest given how quickly Insomniac moves.

I'm guessing that Venom is a Miles Morales size game. I'm kinda surprised that we haven't seen more of it in these leaks given that it's the next game to be released, but it also doesn't look like dev on it even started until recently.

That slide showing the distribution of dev resources is really interesting. At the beginning of this year they were working on two games at the same time. By 25 they'll be working on five! Most people will be working on only two of them, but still seems like quite a change. I think Insomniac is well run and will be able to handle it, but I hope that doesn't take a toll on the quality of their output.

I'm not really sure what to make of SM3 potentially being a two part game. If the result is that we basically get two Spider-man games where the skill trees and the story all flow from one to another, great. If the result is that we get two lesser games that each tell half a story, that's less appealing to me than just getting SM3 and SM4.

18 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Agreed... combat looks solid. Reminds me of Naughty Dog actually. I wonder how we'll be able to upgrade Logan over the course of the game. Probably different moves and such. I can see his healing factor and enhanced senses coming into play... his sense being used to solve puzzles. Also that looked like The Hand he was fighting so I'm curious about what other characters we'll see. Sabretooth and Silver Samurai are givens. Omega Red? Maverick? Lady Deathstrike? Looking forward to this.

The entire plotline leaked so ALL of that information can easily be discovered :p

1 minute ago, GameDadGrant said:

Says who?

Video Game Chronicle's Andy Robinson:

"It should go without saying, but VGC won’t be reporting specifically on any of the stolen assets in the Insomniac hack. This isn’t a ‘leak’, and people’s personal information is included in the breach. Feel for Insomniac today."

• Thanks 1

Not covering news because of its origin, even though it’s already out there, and you are essentially already telling readers to google it themselves by mentioning it at all, is some slick grandstanding. I’d respect it if they actually didn’t mention it at all and ignored it completely without the need to make posts patting themselves on the back.

But yes the group itself and what they did are awful things. But it’s for money, not attention, so not reporting it doesn’t help reduce future attacks either.

• True 1
  • Halal 1