13th Anniversary for D1P?

BuckFly

Those days on boards.  The aughts, before here…hate to be that guy, but those were the days. Many of us from IGN, many from other places.

Then here the internal fights on how this place should be run.  The pettiness.  The hot topics.  The gaming. The charity events. The current events. 

Good times. 

34 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I wish I could remember who everyone was on IGN. 

I was deathbypika back on IGN. Eons ago. 

Also, wow. 13 years. The Handheld Boards were never quite the same after the Vita died. The 3DS vs Vita debates were classic internet nerd garbage that...for better or worse? Don't really exist anymore. 

• Like 1

What a great way to feel old. =(

I'm also an old IGN guy, was even a mod of the pocket board, but I don't remember if I was nexis2600, Subbie or Chakoo. =/

12 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

Also, wow. 13 years. The Handheld Boards were never quite the same after the Vita died. The 3DS vs Vita debates were classic internet nerd garbage that...for better or worse? Don't really exist anymore. 

God the amount of times someone (or just dean) tried to tag me as being just a sony fanboy during that time. They finally shut up when I started to amass a hoard of 3ds LEs, lol. :nerd:

• Halal 2

13 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

I remember things falling apart at IGN and I don’t quite remember who, but someone sent me a message about coming over to Bad Cartridge. I remember reading it on a plane ride to Florida.

similar story for me, minus the plane ride to Florida. The various message boards were on the decline population wise. So I tried out Bad Cartridge while still being on IGN and eventually just stopped going to IGN. 

12 hours ago, best3444 said:

I've been best3444 since 2001 on IGN. The only user from here that I remember from IGN is @EternallDarkness.

I remember ED too, mainly from the GameCube general board, though I think he was active on the PS2 and Xbox general boards too. 

I’ve always had this name on IGN too. I was probably most active on the MGS board, but also was quite active on the console general boards and the Icon (avatar) board. The icon board and community was always an interesting one and it was so neat seeing icons made for the IGN forums get used elsewhere on the internet. Sometimes it wasn’t so obvious, but when somebody used an Icon that had the gradient to blend into the IGN’s gray on a forum that uses white backgrounds it was very very obvious. 

comparative in size to the internet, the IGN forums were absolutely massive back in the early 2000s. Bad Cartridge and D1P has never seen the insanity of the traffic boom from E3, though there were times we saw a nice bump here too. 

16 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

comparative in size to the internet, the IGN forums were absolutely massive back in the early 2000s. Bad Cartridge and D1P has never seen the insanity of the traffic boom from E3, though there were times we saw a nice bump here too. 

That's how I got here too. I've never had a different name either anywhere except I think Reddit where it's MrHardAct. Sony, Xbox, Nintendo & Steam always HardAct. Makes it simple. IGN around E3 was mad crazy times. Miss the days as a few have said as an avid gamer I'm pretty old!