13th Anniversary for D1P?

BuckFly

I've been around since I signed up for the IGN boards back in April 2001 (it's been almost 23 years!). Have had the same (unfortunate) screenname since then for consistency's sake (despite using a different one everywhere else). I've had the same avatar as well since at least the beginning of Bad Cartridge. Back on the IGN boards, I used to frequent the Anime General Board, the Anime Community Board, and the DVD/Movie General Board (can't remember if those were two separate boards or the same board on IGN). Sometimes I'd go to the DVD/Movie Community Board but not usually. I recognize some names still here since those days - I can confirm that @Ghost_MH is someone who was right there with me on the AGB and ACB since April 2001 - nice to see he's still around all the way through D1P. 

I can't remember exactly when I joined Bad Cartridge, but it was early on. As others have mentioned in this thread, the IGN boards after a decade had really become infested with bots and random users, etc. and the strong community and solid discourse was breaking down. I think I saw a thread somewhere or someone PMed on the IGN boards about Bad Cartridge and all the users I liked had moved to there so I went and soon after dropped the IGN boards altogether. Eventually Bad Cartridge changed itself so I followed to D1P. Then that version of D1P imploded, SFLUFAN saved it, and here we are.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

I remember you all from the IGN boards, and I’m sure that you all remember my ROCKS!!!! and SUCKS!!!! threads. :p Setharion told me about this place (formerly Bad Cartridge) back in 2010, and that’s when I joined.

Setharion got you too, huh. :p

I don't remember you but then again I don't remember yesterday. 

On 12/10/2023 at 9:05 PM, DarkStar189 said:

I remember things falling apart at IGN and I don’t quite remember who, but someone sent me a message about coming over to Bad Cartridge. I remember reading it on a plane ride to Florida.

I came over about that time as well. I don’t remember what happened on the IGN boards. I just remember there being pretty much a mass exodus. Good times. 

We all old now, haha.

And for the record, I appreciate everyone‘s contributions to the boards here and really enjoy reading all of your opinions. And recommendations! I typically surround myself with Nintendo gamers, so getting info on “Non-tendo” stuff is very much welcomed.

Ya crazy knuckleheads. :p

On IGN I mostly posted on Elder Scrolls and Final Fantasy. And basketball, at least later. A few other things here and there. The only people I really remember from there are @Commissar SFLUFAN and @Jason. Not from those boards, I think I saw them mostly on a couple of the insider-only boards like DVD general or whatever, which I wasn't very active in. I also remember @CastlevaniaNut18 posting in final fantasy occasionally.

56 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

On IGN I mostly posted on Elder Scrolls and Final Fantasy. And basketball, at least later. A few other things here and there. The only people I really remember from there are @Commissar SFLUFAN and @Jason. Not from those boards, I think I saw them mostly on a couple of the insider-only boards like DVD general or whatever, which I wasn't very active in. I also remember @CastlevaniaNut18 posting in final fantasy occasionally.

Sounds right. Think I recall you from that time. I was in college and that’s when I started getting into the series.