Albuquerque legalizes selling food poisoning.

6 minutes ago, ort said:

I mean, if people know the risks, let them make their own decision. But yeah, whatever... I won't drink it...

I'd care a lot less about this if milk was mostly consumed by adults, but it's generally young children. "Parental choice" shouldn't be a thing when it comes to feeding kids foods that are demonstrably more dangerous than an alternative with no demonstrable upside. There's just no valid reason for this beyond "get the government out of our food" paranoia. It's moronic.

5 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I'd care a lot less about this if milk was mostly consumed by adults, but it's generally young children. "Parental choice" shouldn't be a thing when it comes to feeding kids foods that are demonstrably more dangerous than an alternative with no demonstrable upside. There's just no valid reason for this beyond "get the government out of our food" paranoia. It's moronic.

Should sushi made with raw fish be illegal for minors to consume?

7 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Should sushi made with raw fish be illegal for minors to consume?

Minors, no, but kids under 5 shouldn't be eating raw fish because they're more susceptible to foodborne illnesses and the implications of a toddler having food poisoning / diarrhea are significantly more serious than an adult experiencing the same thing. The majority of people consuming raw fish are not children, the majority of people drinking milk are. It's the same with stuff like cured or smoked meats, rare beef, raw / undercooked eggs, etc.

Raw milk provides no demonstrable nutritional benefits. There is only added risk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Halal 2

1 hour ago, mclumber1 said:

Not my cup of tea for sure.  But people should be able to buy and consume it, especially if they are aware of the risks.

We let people eat raw fish all the time.  Some people do the same with other meats and eggs.  Milk should be no different.  

Sushi goes through a process to kill the pathogens in it. Not sure about Japan but in the US all the raw fish you're eating in sushi restaurants has been through a deep freeze for seven days before being defrosted and served raw. Whereas the whole point of raw milk is avoiding pasteurization.

It's pretty amazing how social media has really helped push an anti-science mindset further into the mainstream. It's like a cult at this point, as any real science that shows something they don't want to be true they just dismiss as being some mega corp agenda being pushed and that everyone else needs to open their eyes. Shocking that most of them seem to be religious and MAGA....shocker. 

Home school mama raw milk mama Jesus guns guns meat mama. 

8 minutes ago, Ominous said:

It's pretty amazing how social media has really helped push an anti-science mindset further into the mainstream. It's like a cult at this point, as any real science that shows something they don't want to be true they just dismiss as being some mega corp agenda being pushed and that everyone else needs to open their eyes. Shocking that most of them seem to be religious and MAGA....shocker. 

Why can't I buy lead drinking vessels at Target? Throw a warning label on that shit and let adults enjoy the sweet tang of post-transition metals. If I want my house secured from fires with asbestos what business is that of the government or anyone? If they could cover Judy Garland with it for that scene in The Wizard of Oz surely I should be able to line my walls with it. What about MY rights?

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Sushi goes through a process to kill the pathogens in it. Not sure about Japan but in the US all the raw fish you're eating in sushi restaurants has been through a deep freeze for seven days before being defrosted and served raw. Whereas the whole point of raw milk is avoiding pasteurization.

It’s almost like when “Sushi Grade” is put on a product it means something.

17 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

It’s almost like when “Sushi Grade” is put on a product it means something.

I mean not really, most fish goes through that in the US and "sushi grade" is a completely unregulated marketing term. :p Unless you go and buy the fish directly off the boat you've probably never eaten fish that hasn't been through some amount of freezing to kill parasites.