Everybody wants to know if it’s worth being ran over for a pay check

stepee

Like, do they want to jump in and get money for themselves or what? Everyone asks me this first thing. It’s happened here a few times. Irl it’s often the first question if someone knows what happened to me. I guess what I’m trying to say is, it’s not worth it, please don’t put yourself in danger. Nothing in the world is worth the initial pain, and not even really worth the persistent pain either. 

• Hugs 5

I never once thought that about your situation. You are extremely tough not only physically but mentally as well. You're one of the nicest people I know (yes, we are in internet land) and you are an extremely positive individual. That right there is what amazes me about your situation. 

• Like 1

Sorry fam if I added to your angst here, definitely not intended ❤️ Growing up with my Dad having chronic back pain from a rear-end collision, not a dollar amount that would satisfy living with such pain and discomfort.

3 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Sorry fam if I added to your angst here, definitely not intended ❤️ Growing up with my Dad having chronic back pain from a rear-end collision, not a dollar amount that would satisfy living with such pain and discomfort.

I almost wanted to add a note that this was not aimed at you! I totally get that, and definitely appreciate bad back pain oyyy. I’m fine with it from you, it’s random people that don’t know me that makes me raise an eyebrow. I know you are actually just curious, other people are different.

I would not think it was worth it and I don't think most people would like to go thru it. I mean, I bet there are some people where it would improve their life because it's already pretty bad, but for most people, I think they would come to regret the choice and think themselves foolish for making that decision.

I had pain for the first few months of this year that was probably a lot less than you deal with day to day and it suuuuucked. I wouldn't wish it on anyone, even if you do get paid. I couldn't even sleep or took enough non-narcotic pain killers that I was constantly throwing up.

Not worth the money. And I hope the pain gets better, even if it will never go away.

1 minute ago, Fizzzzle said:

I had pain for the first few months of this year that was probably a lot less than you deal with day to day and it suuuuucked. I wouldn't wish it on anyone, even if you do get paid. I couldn't even sleep or took enough non-narcotic pain killers that I was constantly throwing up.

Not worth the money. And I hope the pain gets better, even if it will never go away.

My pain isn’t near that. That scares me that someday it could be that bad, but it’s not currently. You know when your foot falls asleep? That pins and needles feeling. It’s that but a little more painful 24/7. The worst part is just that it never ends. But the overall is definitely tolerable. If I constantly felt like throwing up, I would take the first out I could get.

My dad was plastered by a car when he was yielding at a turn on his motorcycle. The driver’s insurance kept trying to close the case before all of my dad’s medical stuff was taken care of so he sued and won. He received a handsome sum.

There’s not a single day he would choose that money over getting a healthy back and knee back. 

• True 1
  • Hugs 1

How much did you get? My ex has a cousin who’s father was killed by a power company employee while drunk when he was like 18 and him and the mom live off the couple million settlement they got. Like they haven’t worked in 20 years, but dad died. Sucks but uh they have a better life than living dad would have ever provided.

7 hours ago, Dodger said:

How much did you get? My ex has a cousin who’s father was killed by a power company employee while drunk when he was like 18 and him and the mom live off the couple million settlement they got. Like they haven’t worked in 20 years, but dad died. Sucks but uh they have a better life than living dad would have ever provided.

I don’t know why but this literally made me laugh my ass off. Nobody has ever just directly asked before lol. I signed a NDA, but I’ll say Im definitely never working again!

• Shocked 1

58 minutes ago, stepee said:

I don’t know why but this literally made me laugh my ass off. Nobody has ever just directly asked before lol. I signed a NDA, but I’ll say Im definitely never working again!

soooooooo

IMG-0834.jpg

IMG-0834.jpg

IMG-0834.jpg

IMG-0834.jpg

IMG-0834.jpg

IMG-0834.jpg

IMG-0834.jpg

IMG-0834.jpg