What level of PlayStation Plus do you all subscribe to?

Nokra

Apologies if this has been asked a million times, but I  just got a PS5 and am trying to decide which, if any, to go for.  I'm curious what anyone here thinks of the different levels and if they're worth it. 

If it helps for any context, I'm mostly wanting to play PS5 exclusives. 

I got the highest level when I bought my PS5 last November, and there was a sale on PS+. If I renew, it probably won’t be at that level. It was exciting when I first got the system, but then I downloaded a bunch of games and barely played them. I end up spending a lot more time on my Xbox w/Game Pass, so PS+ is slightly redundant. 

7 minutes ago, Nokra said:

May I ask: How so? What makes it almost not worth it to you? 

The middle tier has gotten better, and if I didn't have the backlog that I do I'd be tempted to try it out. But I mean primarily their classics library has really underwhelmed me, as well as just having classic games you can't get piece meal and have to go through their subscription. It irks me. 

I just signed up for PS+ Extra a few days ago. I don't play online, but I signed up for the game catalog. I've been an Xbox guy since the launch of the 360, but having a PS5 gives me access to tons of exclusives that I bought the system for. Most of them are PS4 games w/PS5 upgrades, but still. 

FF7 Remake, Days Gone, Ghosts of Tsushima, Detroit: Become Human, all that kinda shit. Most of the games I want to play are older I guess, but they're new to me. I signed up for a year, so I figure that's a ton of games I've wanted to play forever for only $100. Not too shabby. 

You can access the game catalog list without a subscription if you're curious what's in it. You can see it through the console itself or online/through the PS app. 

Right now the most expensive price bracket and I'm not even playing my PS5 or ps4 AT ALL THE LAST 3 months especially. I still have all the big AAA titles to play and I mean them ALL!! I could buy nothing for the console for over a year and play no other system period and be good for over a year easily. If I had to guess I say I have less than 45 hours total on the system. Only games this year i've beaten on any system is Dead Space remake and Re4 remake. Sad really. I've kept up with the ps+ super top tier offerings all installed ready to go along with Games like God of War: Ragnorok, Deathloop, Ratchet & Clank: Rift, Dying light 2, Both Spidermans, Demon Souls remake, Elden ring, Horizon zero dawn, Death stranding, only 4 hours in. Returnal, Stray, even Ghost of Tsuthima and I could go on all bought day one! Except Stray it was free (free yea that's what it was.....lo.). Sad really......:

• Shocked 1

"Extra" I think. The middle one since I have zero interest in "classic" games.

Was a good value initially to play a bunch of games that I didn't want to buy, but now it's gotten really stale and has a ton of junk games. Might just opt to go to the low tier next year depending on the price. I probably would have done that last year had I not purchased during a black Friday sale.

That said... even with the stale library it's hard to say it's a bad value when you look at the delta between the two when on sale. I think there was less than a $25 difference for the year between the essential and extra versions with the sale. $25 wasn't too bad a gamble considering, and I have played through a couple of games on it.

On 6/30/2023 at 12:15 PM, Spork3245 said:

Whatever the highest one is, but I got it on sale

On 6/30/2023 at 12:36 PM, best3444 said:

This. I have access to everything but I forget what I pay for it. 

On 6/30/2023 at 5:32 PM, BloodyHell said:

The top because I got it cheap on sale.

On 7/6/2023 at 9:24 AM, Dexterryu said:

"Extra" I think. The middle one since I have zero interest in "classic" games.

Was a good value initially to play a bunch of games that I didn't want to buy, but now it's gotten really stale and has a ton of junk games. Might just opt to go to the low tier next year depending on the price. I probably would have done that last year had I not purchased during a black Friday sale.

That said... even with the stale library it's hard to say it's a bad value when you look at the delta between the two when on sale. I think there was less than a $25 difference for the year between the essential and extra versions with the sale. $25 wasn't too bad a gamble considering, and I have played through a couple of games on it.

Did you all get it during a Black Friday sale? If so, I guess I have a while to wait :p . 

What I did do was go to Costco and take advantage of their deal: 4x$25 (i.e. $100) worth of PSN credit for $90. I got two of them (the max allowed) so I've got $200 in PSN credit but paid $180. 

• Like 1