Meatball Ron to launch soon-to-be-DOA campaign for GOP nomination during chat with Apartheid Mine Heir on Muskrat app

230519-2x1-ron-desantis-elon-musk-ew-236
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

The Florida governor will announce he is running for president on Twitter Wednesday evening in a conversation with Musk.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis will announce he is running for president during a discussion with Twitter CEO Elon Musk, three sources familiar with the plans told NBC News.

Musk and DeSantis will host an event on Twitter Spaces, the site’s platform for audio chats, on Wednesday at 6 p.m. ET. It will be moderated by David Sacks, a tech entrepreneur who is a Musk confidant and DeSantis supporter. 

That same evening, the campaign will release a launch video, and DeSantis will begin visiting several early states after Memorial Day. 

• Haha 1

On the off-chance Ronny wins the nomination, I want Biden's team to slip in a clause into the debate rules that would allow Joe to loudly and obnoxiously pound on his podium and yell "WOOOOOOOKE" every time DeSantis tries to use "woke" during the debate.

1 hour ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Take a shot every time one of them says the word “woke”. 

I was looking for an excuse to get drunk tomorrow night… but not THAT drunk. 

8 minutes ago, ThreePi said:

On the off-chance Ronny wins the nomination, I want Biden's team to slip in a clause into the debate rules that would allow Joe to loudly and obnoxiously pound on his podium and yell "WOOOOOOOKE" every time DeSantis tries to use "woke" during the debate.

Biden would ether him the same way he ether’d Rudy. Dammit, I almost want Ron to win the nomination now.

1 hour ago, MarSolo said:

I was looking for an excuse to get drunk tomorrow night… but not THAT drunk. 

Biden would ether him the same way he ether’d Rudy. Dammit, I almost want Ron to win the nomination now.

I think you have far too much faith in Biden’s ability to debate.  Not that rRon will be better, though. 
Biden 15 years ago, he’d stomp all over him. Now? I think it would be the most boring debate we’d ever see. Which we may all need. 

31 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

I think it would be the most boring debate we’d ever see. Which we may all need. 

I think you realize by the end of your post why he’s good at it. :p 

Some boring Democrats beat far right fascist darlings last year.

• Halal 1

1 minute ago, SaysWho? said:

I think you realize by the end of your post why he’s good at it. :p 

Some boring Democrats beat far right fascist darlings last year.

When the Republican comes off as a deranged General Ripper, ranting about Bud Light is going to turn your children trans, you don't need to be flashy and exciting. You just need to be not crazy.

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

I think you have far too much faith in Biden’s ability to debate.  Not that rRon will be better, though. 
Biden 15 years ago, he’d stomp all over him. Now? I think it would be the most boring debate we’d ever see. Which we may all need. 

He did pretty damn good against Trump.

I mean, his best performance in the Trump debates was not being a crazed lunatic, otherwise he was pretty unspectacular. 

1 hour ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Which was all that people wanted after four years of insanity. 

Agree there. 

Bingo. I think you might be looking at the debates from a political science standpoint a bit much imo. Debates fascinate me on that level, no question, but sometimes just being normal works. And I truly believe when he said “will you shut up man?” that millions shouted “THANK YOU!”

At the time, I described that quote as being the voice of a weary nation.

ok i give up on the ron desantis presidential campaign space, this is a disaster of a campaign launch, looks like desantis lost connection, no one in there is talking now, sitting in the space has crashed my app 3 times. i cannot wait for trumps statement on this mess

Such a weird event. Sacks was in the middle of a question about education; then Musk randomly starts talking about his Twitter account crashing in January.

DeSantis can’t be happy by how little airtime he’s getting at his own campaign announcement.