Meatball Ron to launch soon-to-be-DOA campaign for GOP nomination during chat with Apartheid Mine Heir on Muskrat app

"Make America Florida"

Oh yeah that's really catchy. What an inspiring slogan. And it definitely doesn't paint an easy target for any sort of line of attack any of his opponents might want to make. They certainly wouldn't think to look at any State ranked statistics at any point ever.

12 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

spacer.png

DeSantis is now gay

3 minutes ago, Reputator said:

"Make America Florida"

Oh yeah that's really catchy. What an inspiring slogan. And it definitely doesn't paint an easy target for any sort of line of attack any of his opponents might want to make. They certainly wouldn't think to look at any State ranked statistics at any point ever.

I guess it's time for me to point out that absolutely none of this "Make America Florida" stuff is any way, shape, or form officially associated with the Meatball's campaign :p

2 hours ago, MarSolo said:

DeMeatball’s only hope of getting the nomination now is if Trump gets indicted, imprisoned, and then dies in prison in the next few months.

He’s cooked, and it couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy. Eat shit.

He made 8.2m in donations within twenty-four hours of his launch from donors. It might be a long shot, but he isn’t out yet. He’s outpacing Trump. The GOP doesn’t want Donnie back.

gettyimages-1255159584.jpg
WWW.CBSNEWS.COM

The sum includes online donations and money raised by DeSantis fundraisers gathered in Miami.

7 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

He made 8.2m in donations within twenty-four hours of his launch from donors. It might be a long shot, but he isn’t out yet. He’s outpacing Trump. The GOP doesn’t want Donnie back.

gettyimages-1255159584.jpg
WWW.CBSNEWS.COM

The sum includes online donations and money raised by DeSantis fundraisers gathered in Miami.

They say they don’t “want” Donnie back, but the GOP is basically a battered wife at this point who thinks that if they don’t burn the steak the husband won’t smack the shit out of them.

Look at their reaction to January 6th compared to now. Lindsey Graham was like “I’m out, fuck this”, and now he’s basically licking Trump’s loafers.

The GOP has no morals. They’ll lean behind Trump in a heartbeat. DeMeatball is done.

• True 1

I still think if DeSantis upsets Trump in an early primary he has a good chance.  The Republican base just needs a reminder that they can vote for someone other than Trump and still ‘own the libs’.  Once that happens I think the whole ‘I’m a winner, Trump’s not—do you really want to vote for a loser?’ message DeSantis is focusing on will resonate.

Trump does have his own diehard following, but I think the basis for most of the conservative base’s attachment to him is nostalgia.  At the end of the day they’ll settle for someone else as long as that person serves up red meat for the chuds and seems to have a better chance at putting them in power.

This might be the optimal scenario for Biden, actually, because we all know Trump will never concede anyway and burn it all down before he exits the stage.  He is, as ever, the ‘Mad King’.

There is a big difference between the GOP "elite class"(politicians, media, donors, etc) and the GOP base.

I would loosely divide the GOP into three groups. The Never Trumpers, the Maga diehards, and the squishy Middle that don't want Trump but will not say a peep against him publicly in fear of being steamrolled.

The GOP elite is largely the Middle. The base is largely MAGA.

If you had a mind reading poll of Congress, the number of Republicans who want the DOJ or a state AG to make the Trump problem magically go away would probably be higher than Democrats.

9 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

spacer.png

DeSantis is now gay

I know that this is not what you meant and I'm just hijacking your post, but can we not do the "all homophobes are closeted homosexuals" thing? I hate that shit so much.

1) no, some people are just spiteful, brainwashed, or both. What's more likely, the person is making a Freudian projection of their own feelings onto other people, or they're just a dick? Occam's razor says the latter is more likely.

2) it reflects back on queer people as if it's still something to be ashamed of

3) it's kind of a weird reflection of misogyny. Like, you never see people accuse homophobic women of being closeted lesbians. I don't know if you've ever seen a trump rally, but there are generally a lot of women there.

4) a combination of all of the above, it reminds me of when I was in grade school and we used to say "lol you only said that because YOU'RE gay!"

At any rate, I don't like it. It's reductive, it's low-hanging fruit, it's potentially harmful, it's elevated bro culture, etc.

(By the way this doesn't cover church officials)

What say you @Commissar SFLUFAN?

2 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Yeah I wasn’t saying he was closeted. Just poking fun at the whole outrage over the bud light commercial. 

Yeah, I know. It's just something I've had on my mind and your post made it spring into action and put my thoughts into words.

9 hours ago, MarSolo said:

Like I said, he talks like French Stewart. No one want that.

Like @SaysWho? said, he talks like the rabbi from Seinfeld. No one wants that either.

I think you’re having a bit much of the copium. Honestly, we better hope it’s Trump running, because DeSantis will beat Biden.

The idea that it’s over already is ridiculous, as his massive fundraising shows. It’s been days, and he’s at 30% and got record donations with a disastrous campaign launch. If he has a good team, it’s far from over. 

9 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

There is a big difference between the GOP "elite class"(politicians, media, donors, etc) and the GOP base.

I would loosely divide the GOP into three groups. The Never Trumpers, the Maga diehards, and the squishy Middle that don't want Trump but will not say a peep against him publicly in fear of being steamrolled.

The GOP elite is largely the Middle. The base is largely MAGA.

If you had a mind reading poll of Congress, the number of Republicans who want the DOJ or a state AG to make the Trump problem magically go away would probably be higher than Democrats.

The base is about 30% MAGA. The rest are the middle who will vote for whoever the party puts forward 

the thing is that never-trumpers among both GOP and undecideds are enough to keep him out of the whitehouse after J6. 

7 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

I think you’re having a bit much of the copium. Honestly, we better hope it’s Trump running, because DeSantis will beat Biden.

The idea that it’s over already is ridiculous, as his massive fundraising shows. It’s been days, and he’s at 30% and got record donations with a disastrous campaign launch. If he has a good team, it’s far from over. 

Steve Bannon (yes, I know, but he does tend to know what he's talking about in some matters) pointed out that those "record" donations in 24 hours came from this event:

t_fb225aca60114d3881804c15ac987440_name_
WWW.LOCAL10.COM

Right after a glitchy audio stream delayed his announcement, Gov. Ron DeSantis appeared on Fox News on Wednesday night to say the social media event to launch his 2024 presidential campaign was a success.

14 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

How long until they turn the visual of the map of the state of Florida into a gun of some kind? I mean, it's right there. Right wingers hire me!

Why is this reminding me of this Always Sunny bit

spacer.png

• Haha 1

I don't think its a surprise that Meatball would get a ton of money thrown at him. There are many rich Republicans who wan't anyone but Trump. I don't think this represents his popularity at all though and when it comes down to it he doesn't get the juices flowing like Trump.

Living in Florida, there is somewhat of a cult around DeSantis (not to Trump levels imo), and he did increase his vote share and vote count from 2018. I mean, if I wanted to run for president and I'm at 25-30 against Trump this early, even having lost ground I'd still figure I'm in a good position since Trump's approval with Republicans is really high.

We'll see how much of that is name recognition for DeSantis and if any of the others crack the not-Trump vote. 

I have no idea how things will play out, I’m only sure that people on this board are very quick to write off candidates for reasons that don’t seem to actually matter.

From Luke Savage:

The vibes at the DeSantis rally in Iowa are bizarre beyond description. Event opened with a pastor with a thick Australian accent repeatedly asking God to safeguard American greatness and protect DeSantis’ marriage to a tiny little crowd. Extremely weird energies.

On 5/28/2023 at 4:25 PM, johnny said:

in california every republican i’ve talked to really likes desantis. idk who will win but i wouldn’t count meatball out. 

Yeah, about that...

DeSantisRon_TrumpDonald_052523_APPhotos.
THEHILL.COM

Former President Trump has retaken the lead from Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) among California’s likely 2024 Republican primary voters, a poll released Sunday reveals.  In the survey by the U…

2 hours ago, Reputator said:

Now this..... THIS is a DOA campaign.

ap23089611006487_wide-5cbca96681cfdcfb8a
WWW.NPR.ORG

After distancing himself from former President Donald Trump, the former vice president is ready to announce his bid for the White House at an event in Des Moines, Iowa, on June 7.

Gonna be embarrassing when Pence comes in 5th in Iowa behind behind DeSantis, Haley, and "Hang Mike Pence."

• Halal 1