Jonathan Majors Arrested For Assaulting His Girlfriend

3 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

I mean I'm on the record in this thread saying "put Majors in everything" which aged like wine. Cheap Carlo Rossi chablis left out on a humid day, but wine nevertheless. :|

So Ed Norton or Josh Brolin.

EDIT - fuck, 1 for 2. I need to stop.

Ed Norton, back in the MCU - a great talent returns. It'll make great news, let's go. 

I don't know if the previous articles mentioned it but Majors has also been dropped from the US Army's ad campaign which was set to debut at the NCAA championship. Also, the fashion brand Valentino has dis-invited him from the upcoming Met Gala as one of its guests. Nothing yet from Marvel/Disney though.

1b4070c3b1db5c9735bec100dd8f901d.jpg
WWW.AVCLUB.COM

Jonathan Majors has parted ways with talent manager Entertainment 360 and PR firm The Lede Company in the wake of domestic violence allegations

58 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I don't know if the previous articles mentioned it but Majors has also been dropped from from the US Army's ad campaign which was set to debut at the NCAA championship. Also, the fashion brand Valentino has dis-invited him from the upcoming Met Gala as one of its guests. Nothing yet from Marvel/Disney though.

1b4070c3b1db5c9735bec100dd8f901d.jpg
WWW.AVCLUB.COM

Jonathan Majors has parted ways with talent manager Entertainment 360 and PR firm The Lede Company in the wake of domestic violence allegations

I hope Disney doesn't handle this like WB did with Ezra Miller, which was basically:

"This person who committed awful crimes promises to do better. Please watch the Flash. Gotta go fast!"

• True 1

3 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

I hope Disney doesn't handle this like WB did with Ezra Miller, which was basically:

"This person who committed awful crimes promises to do better. Please watch the Flash. Gotta go fast!"

Grant Gustin as Kang? :mthinking:

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

It’s a sad story, because he’s a great actor. Completely destroyed what would have been a storybook career because he couldn’t control himself and his temper. 

I was thinking that yesterday when I looked at his IMDb page.  Hes been killing it since 2020 and now it's probably over.

• Halal 1

4 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

It’s a sad story, because he’s a great actor. Completely destroyed what would have been a storybook career because he couldn’t control himself and his temper. 

I wonder if steriod abuse plays a factor here. Dude was JACKED in Creed 3 and he played some bodybuilder in a Sundance movie so I magine he was yoked beyond belief in that too. Shame if all of this brings him down because he really is a talented guy.

14 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I wonder if steriod abuse plays a factor here. Dude was JACKED in Creed 3 and he played some bodybuilder in a Sundance movie so I magine he was yoked beyond belief in that too. Shame if all of this brings him down because he really is a talented guy.

Steroids enhance personality traits. They turn assholes into bigger assholes, but they don’t turn good people into monsters.

6 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Really? Because I always thought that increased testosterone lead to increased aggression and mood swings if one abuses steroids.

Nah. Its greatly exaggerated. @TUFKAK can probably explain better. The asshole jock? Yeah, it’ll make that worse. But a normal person, it will improve confidence and self esteem.

then again, he could be on far more than just Test/Deca

9 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Really? Because I always thought that increased testosterone lead to increased aggression and mood swings if one abuses steroids.

It can vary a bit depending upon the indivudal.  What BloodyHell said is more or less accurate, with the qualification that stress response(s) can be similarly amplified when someone is on a cycle, or coming off one without proper post-cycle therapy.  

With that said, it is more common to see "roid rage" like tendencies from select derivatives like Tren, as opposed to pure testosterone, which can be a meaningful distinction, as there are some whose steroid use is largely limited to supraphysiological doses of testosterone.  It's become increasingly common with growth in the TRT sector.

From what I've read so far (with no comments on the accuracy of the reporting), it sounds as though Majors is just an asshole.  If the stories are true, then he would be more the type for whom the steroid usage amps up aggressive tendencies in general.  

11 hours ago, Brick said:

Yup Marvel is dropping him any day now. 

I'm sure they will, but I believe he finished filming all of his scenes for Loki season 2 already, which is finished and will release probably a few months from now. That will be very hard to fix in post I imagine and I don't think at this point they'll simply delay the season another whole year to reshoot it or something. Not sure what they'll do there. Also, Ant-Man 3 spoilers:

Spoiler

There's a post credits stinger at the end of the film with Loki and Owen Wilson's character from the TV show Loki sitting and watching what looks to be an exhibition of science from the late 1800's, from the Nikola Tesla/Thomas Edison era, and what they're watching is a Kang variant played by Jonathan Majors, "Victor Timely", about to show off something in his exhibit. He's a main supporting character for Loki season 2.

5 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

30 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I agree with both of you, my wife and I have been watching him since Lovecraft County and he's been killing it ever since as an actor. He was easily the best part of Ant-Man 3. Also the bodybuilder movie he's in is called Magazine Dreams and it's supposed to be pretty good - I'd been looking forward to watching it. But it seems like he's been this way for a long time according to some in the NYC acting/theater community, hence others now coming forward to assist in the Manhattan DA's case. 

Also, on top of everything else reported in this thread so far, Majors has additionally now been cut from two upcoming films, The Man in My Basement and an Otis Redding biopic. Additionally, an ad campaign with the Texas Rangers baseball team has also cut ties. All that really leaves him is his agency, WME (he's already lost his manager and publicist) and Marvel/Disney. 

d38d18f63b8792360ca0f2adb9254791.jpg
WWW.AVCLUB.COM

As more projects drop the Marvel star, reports emerge that "multiple alleged abuse victims" are now talking to the Manhattan district attorney's office

34 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I'm sure they will, but I believe he finished filming all of his scenes for Loki season 2 already, which is finished and will release probably a few months from now. That will be very hard to fix in post I imagine and I don't think at this point they'll simply delay the season another whole year to reshoot it or something. Not sure what they'll do there. Also, Ant-Man 3 spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

I agree with both of you, my wife and I have been watching him since Lovecraft County and he's been killing it ever since as an actor. He was easily the best part of Ant-Man 3. Also the bodybuilder movie he's in is called Magazine Dreams and it's supposed to be pretty good - I'd been looking forward to watching it. But it seems like he's been this way for a long time according to some in the NYC acting/theater community, hence others now coming forward to assist in the Manhattan DA's case. 

Also, on top of everything else reported in this thread so far, Majors has additionally now been cut from two upcoming films, The Man in My Basement and an Otis Redding biopic. Additionally, an ad campaign with the Texas Rangers baseball team has also cut ties. All that really leaves him is his agency, WME (he's already lost his manager and publicist) and Marvel/Disney. 

d38d18f63b8792360ca0f2adb9254791.jpg
WWW.AVCLUB.COM

As more projects drop the Marvel star, reports emerge that "multiple alleged abuse victims" are now talking to the Manhattan district attorney's office

Magazine Dreams is one im really interested in!

• Hugs 1

Forgetting anything in the MCU where filming has already wrapped, this take on Kang would be one of the easiest characters to recast from a plot POV. If multiple Lokis can look different, surely different Kangs can as well.

EDIT - not that they NEED an in-plot justification of course, just saying that it's right there with Kang specifically.

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

Forgetting anything in the MCU where filming has already wrapped, this take on Kang would be one of the easiest characters to recast from a plot POV. If multiple Lokis can look different, surely different Kangs can as well.

EDIT - not that they NEED an in-plot justification of course, just saying that it's right there with Kang specifically.

Quantumania spoiler (I haven't seen it yet but saw this mentioned somewhere):

Spoiler

Apparently some of the alternate universe Kangs shown in Quantumania are straight-up aliens so yeah if that's true then absolutely zero reason there can't just be a human Kang that looks different.

I guess there's some stuff with Kang having statues of himself that have Majors' face on them but I guess that's only a problem if they're planning to try to do reshoots/digital actor replacement (a la Tig Notaro)/CGI updates of material he's already in? Like I agree no need for an in-universe explanation of a different-looking Kang in general but it'd be weird to have a different-looking Kang have a bunch of statues of Majors Kang.

22 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

The only thing I’ve ever personally noticed was an a slight increase in aggression, never the rage that’s widely believed to be standard. I’ve also never seen it in any of the people I’ve known who’ve juiced hard.

Mood swings are possible if you don’t come off your cycles correctly sure but I doubt that steroids are the cause here.

Consider it like alcohol, just manifests the underlying mood.

On 4/20/2023 at 6:24 AM, BloodyHell said:

I agree, though I feel compelled to point out that it's also sad because he's been abusing people! I'm sure you agree, but I think limiting the description of why it's sad to how it affects his career and our entertainment can be alienating to people who have suffered abuse.

• True 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SuperSpreader said:

Pretty sure I just did squats next to Majors, if not his brother or cousin or some MFer who looks just like him. I know he went to HS around here. 

Couldn't have been him, you got out without any bruises. 

• 1 month later...

Yeah, and that’s a lot of smoke for there to be no fire. 

Love all these chuds on IGN defending him. They always bring up Johnny Depp, as if that validates all their notions that women are always lying to hurt successful men. 

I didn’t even really follow the Depo case closely enough to know if he was really a piece of shit or not.