Jonathan Majors Arrested For Assaulting His Girlfriend

26 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

LOL, these texts don’t suggest what you want them to suggest, Mr. Majors’s Lawyer

Reading the article, it's not a great look at all. "They saw injuries on me and knew we had a fight". So there were injuries . . . and a fight. "It was my fault for trying to grab your phone". Because responding to someone going for your phone with physical violence is the other person's fault, of course!" "I just got out of the hospital". Well, that means whatever happened was bad enough to go to the hospital then. And then the girl bending over backwards explaining "I'll tell the judge this and that" screams of a bad power dynamic in their relationship. Also, I feel like you don't become threatening and commit physical violence on your girlfriend if you have nothing to hide at the moment she's looking at your phone, even if it's texting another girl. Seems like a pretty defensive and insecure measure, like he did have something to hide from his girlfriend as well.

Yikes.

• True 1

17 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

@Greatoneshere exxxaccctly. The lawyer will hope people don’t read past the headline saying “it wasn’t an attack” or “it was my fault” because the actual texts come off really bad for Majors 😂

Agreed - and sadly, that tactic may work to a degree since that's probably going to be a lot of peoples' take aways, the headlines alone. If a victim recants anything, even a little, even if it's because they don't realize they are in a harmful and bad power dynamic and relationship, people will latch on to it wholesale. 

• 3 weeks later...

He's been dropped by both his management and PR companies.

jonathan-majors-2.jpg?w=1024
DEADLINE.COM

Talent manager Entertainment 360 & Lede Company have dropped Jonathan Majors, several sources tell us.

Talent manager Entertainment 360 has dropped Jonathan Majors, several sources tell us. The recent move by Majors’ longtime manager comes three weeks after the Magazine Dreams star was arrested on domestic violence charges in New York City.

Currently starring in Creed III and Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania, Majors’ departure was due to issues surrounding the actor’s personal behavior, we are informed.

Majors’ representation problems don’t stop with Entertainment 360. PR firm The Lede Company also initiated a break with the Avengers actor in the last month.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Jonathan Majors Arrested For Assaulting His Girlfriend
3 hours ago, Jason said:

Seems like the rumor mill is swirling that there's going to be a recast with Damson Idris.

I feel like he's been such an ancillary character so far that it wouldn't be a big deal to recast him at this point. Like recasting Terrence Howard.

4 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

I feel like he's been such an ancillary character so far that it wouldn't be a big deal to recast him at this point. Like recasting Terrence Howard.

If you watched the last episode of Loki season 1 and Ant-Man 3 he is in no way an ancillary character. You can hand-wave an explanation well enough though given the nature of his character which helps.

8 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

If you watched the last episode of Loki season 1 and Ant-Man 3 he is in no way an ancillary character. You can hand-wave an explanation well enough though given the nature of his character which helps.

Don't even bother, cast Terrence Howard.

EDIT - after some googling, Terrence Howard has apparently also been involved in domestic violence, so I guess never mind.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

We can't keep track anymore man, no worries. :p Still in for a recast though.

I mean I'm on the record in this thread saying "put Majors in everything" which aged like wine. Cheap Carlo Rossi chablis left out on a humid day, but wine nevertheless. :|

So Ed Norton or Josh Brolin.

EDIT - fuck, 1 for 2. I need to stop.

• Haha 1

Terrance Howard is also rather busy attempting to "prove" that 1 × 1 = 2

179760133.jpg?quality=75&width=1200&auto
WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

'This is the last century that our children will have to be taught that one times one is one'

And developing a new form of flight based on a revolutionary hydrogen technology to defend Uganda:

nicole-scherzinger-terrence-howard-robin
WWW.NEWSWEEK.COM

"We have all the funding necessary, what we need is just a fertile ground in which to build this," Howard said this week to Ugandan government officials.

Just now, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Terrance Howard is also rather busy attempting to "prove" that 1 × 1 = 2

179760133.jpg?quality=75&width=1200&auto
WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

'This is the last century that our children will have to be taught that one times one is one'

And developing a new form of flight based on a revolutionary form of hydrogen technology to defend Uganda:

nicole-scherzinger-terrence-howard-robin
WWW.NEWSWEEK.COM

"We have all the funding necessary, what we need is just a fertile ground in which to build this," Howard said this week to Ugandan government officials.

To be fair, that is some IRL Kang bullshit; he can go method.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, LazyPiranha said:

What magical make believe time was that?

We knew very little about people of Majors’ stature pre-internet. I think people forget what it was like in the before times. Movie studios had a strangle hold on information because they limited access when the trades got out of line. Much more rumor and innuendo. Now we have lawyers publishing their clients private text exchanges on TMZ.

I mean, look at the way coverage of Clinton/Lewinsky compared to previous presidents indiscretions with women. Internet journalism was a game changer. Smart phones have accelerated this even further with more electronic proof of the terrible behavior of people. 

53 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I mean I'm on the record in this thread saying "put Majors in everything" which aged like wine. Cheap Carlo Rossi chablis left out on a humid day, but wine nevertheless. :|

So Ed Norton or Josh Brolin.

EDIT - fuck, 1 for 2. I need to stop.

Is Ed or Josh the abuser?

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

We need to return to not knowing things about celebrities

Harvey Weinstein still makes money from every movie he produced. I looked it up. I thought there may have been some legal thing where his royalties go to his victims or something. Nope. He still gets his money. Turns out his agents are really good at their job.

You can never legally watch pulp fiction again without knowing that you are putting money in his pocket