Nintendo to charge $70 for Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Voucher discount available)

crispy4000

6 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

pretty sure they'll still break

on the subject of the 70 price tag, you know they should really bring back the player's choice line (I think that's what they called it) and sell the older hits at an actual discount 

They should. But I don’t know that they would, because they don’t really have to. They’re still charging $60 for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and that’s sold over 52 million units. Even the Pokemon games maintain their price. Sword and Shield is still $60 and that’s sold over 25 million units, and I assume sales have tapered off dramatically. 

Pokémon, if no other major Nintendo franchise should get discounted. No other Nintendo franchise devalues previous entries by having new entries released so frequently. Nintendo can charge $60 for their games because there’s just 1 on the platform and they’re practically essential playing. But with Pokemon, I don’t know how many new players would jump in to Scarlet/Saphire and then purchase their way backwards in the series at $60 a pop when a new game comes out every year. 

On 2/10/2023 at 6:55 AM, EternallDarkness said:

pretty sure they'll still break

on the subject of the 70 price tag, you know they should really bring back the player's choice line (I think that's what they called it) and sell the older hits at an actual discount 

As a 13 year old, the variety of players choice titles allowed me to play so many great game, that I’d have ignored at a full price. It should definitely be a thing, even if it’s online only. 

6 hours ago, Bacon said:

I'm not getting ToK, but even if I had been, the second I found out breakable weapons were in the game I would no longer be getting it. Won't get another Zelda as long as that system remains.

Yea, it's awful so maybe they made the weapons more durable? Either way I most likely will buy it.

On 2/8/2023 at 6:15 PM, sblfilms said:

Given how many hours I put in to the average game I purchase, and assuming most of you dorks do at least the same, I’m kinda surprised at complaints about game prices. The value per hour of enjoyment is pretty unrivaled for me, even on the rare occasion I buy at $60-$70.

Excuse me sir, but there’s no need for name calling.

I prefer to be called a “nerd”. It’s sexier.

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

It was just over the top in BOTW. They broke way too fast. If they make them last longer I'd be happy with that.

Totally agree. The game had so many cool weapons to find and use. You would get one, use it for about 3 minutes, it broke. Shitty game mechanic.

Doing the Trial of the Sword on Master Mode was... difficult. But worth it to have the Master Sword reach its full potential.

Honestly weapons breaking was, for me, only really annoying in the beginning when you didn't have a ton of weapon slots. After you fill that out it never really became an issue. I can appreciate people wanting ways to toughen or repair their favorite weapons (other than the quest weapons), a lot of really fun ones aren't super easy to come by.

BotW is one of my favorite games but I appreciate some of the vibes that I really like are probably flaws. That clip of negaoryx not realizing a ton of moves were in the game until she'd beaten three of the Divine Beasts is symptomatic of some real discovery issues with the game, as are the fact that you could not realize that the Axl Rose outfit that lets you climb better exists, or that getting Revali's Gale negates most of the complaints about climbing in the rain... etc.

Hopefully they find a way to keep the minimalists vibes I liked intact while giving some more options for guidance for people who'd like them.

I was not impressed by the latest trailer at all. If that summarized the setting, atmosphere, gameplay, etc then I’ll probably pass. There was not enough to differentiate it from BOTW. Honestly should’ve waited to launch it on a Switch Pro or next gen console. 🤷‍♂️

7 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

That clip of negaoryx not realizing a ton of moves were in the game until she'd beaten three of the Divine Beasts is symptomatic

Never seen that clip. I wonder if there are moves I don't know of. 

5 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I thought the master sword broke too

It didn't break, but ran out of energy and needed to recharge. 

I’d rather not have weapons break, but the game did accomplish it’s goal of making me feel not too attached to any one of them.

8 hours ago, nublood said:

I was not impressed by the latest trailer at all. If that summarized the setting, atmosphere, gameplay, etc then I’ll probably pass. There was not enough to differentiate it from BOTW. Honestly should’ve waited to launch it on a Switch Pro or next gen console. 🤷‍♂️

We’ll learn more about the new abilities do and can deduce more from there.

I’m skeptical about them using the same map, and this trailer made those fears a bit more material.  That said, they’ve had many years, and I think we see more of why at some point.

I’m just ready to play the game and find out for myself at this point.