Why do americans think they live in any other country.

Here I am begrudging my life status in canada when it dawns on me that canada is worth less than 10% of america's gdp. Of course you can foul us for your sins but yours are more numerous and deadly, including aboriginal treatment. Does your system beat you down? of course, but when apple makes large scale use of slave labour it's hardly seen as an american sin. I mean their products are so fashionable.

11 minutes ago, Nokra said:

With all due respect, you may have a good point but you're not making it easy enough to discern it. 

Maybe you need to dumb it down for us. :raisedbrow:

Canucks we’re still practicing state sponsored genocide into the 90s, they do dumb well.

I'm not sure why you think Americans think they live in any other country. In general, Americans are aware that they live in the United States and are proud of their country and its history. It is possible that some Americans may have misconceptions about other countries or may not have a deep understanding of the rest of the world, but this is not true of all Americans. In fact, many Americans are well-traveled and have a strong interest in other cultures and countries.

The answer is not clear to me. It could be that some of the measure of GDP includes the fact that a dollar can be more easily bought with a loonie. But my gut feeling is that most of it is probably bogus.

Gas is still a dollar here. A whole dollar, not a half a dollar like there is on the prairies.

Au Contraire - We don't have to steal oil from the earth - all we have to do is shut up and allow our natural resources to remain undisturbed.

And while we're on the subject of natural resources, let's talk about oil. Canada is blessed with the best natural resource on the planet. Not only does it give them a happy secure economy, it will last for decades to come. And just so there is no confusion, its full of hydrocarbons, which are free!

Americans go to the ends of the earth to find oil. Do you know where you can get it for free right there in Canada?

Ascribing an abstract concept like "sin" to the other, less abstract concept of a "nation" for what specific companies do in pursuit of their goals seems like a bizarre and childish way to view the world. Trying to then use it in a strange and pointless dick measuring contest over who sucks less seems like an extremely potent waste of time. Assigning values and numbers and labels to shit in order to feel better about yourself or the nation you live in is no way to generate forward progress for anyone.

13 hours ago, unogueen said:

Here I am begrudging my life status in canada when it dawns on me that canada is worth less than 10% of america's gdp. Of course you can foul us for your sins but yours are more numerous and deadly, including aboriginal treatment. Does your system beat you down? of course, but when apple makes large scale use of slave labour it's hardly seen as an american sin. I mean their products are so fashionable.

Your posts are proof that, at the very least, the dispensaries are better in Canada.

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Isn't the standard complaint that Americans DON'T think they live in any other country and therefore have a sense of exceptionalism?

It’s hard to keep up with the bitching personally. I’ve heard several versions in Greece: I’m too loud and boisterous, I’m too quiet and reserved, my Greek sucks (it does so valid), why don’t I try to speak Greek more, etc

Just now, Nokra said:

I had an Italian woman once tell me that I couldn't be American because, and I quote: "you're not fat, loud, or dumb". 

Uuuuh.... Thanks? 

They project too much lol.

my return insult is always; at least we have weight rooms. Hits different coming from me. Plus the stares in rural Greece is hilarious.

to be fair though my gf definitely went from lust to love when I just casually dropped poetry in conversation. Like Americans read books too and on the aggregate we’re more educated than most European nations. We get judged by Appalachia, they get judged based on Helsinki.

One of the things that I always find amusing is when euros mock Americans for mostly only speaking English.

Sorry, not sorry that our language, currency, and culture has dominated the planet for the last 70 years. 

One day it won’t and then maybe everybody will need to learn a bunch of different languages to have similar economic opportunities.

41 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

One of the things that I always find amusing is when euros mock Americans for mostly only speaking English.

Sorry, not sorry that our language, currency, and culture has dominated the planet for the last 70 years. 

One day it won’t and then maybe everybody will need to learn a bunch of different languages to have similar economic opportunities.

I would argue that the British deserve more of the blame (and I do use the word blame intentionally, not credit) for English as the lingua franca of the world. And while its use is very beneficial for nations that exclusively use it...more harm than good has come because of the underlying reasons for it being lingua franca.

4 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I would argue that the British deserve more of the blame (and I do use the word blame intentionally, not credit) for English as the lingua franca of the world. And while its use is very beneficial for nations that exclusively use it...more harm than good has come because of the underlying reasons for it being lingua franca.

The primary reason sure, but for nearly the entire last century it has been an American led world. We just furthered what the Brits built.

We can all agree European cultural arrogance is grating though. Fall in line Europeans, especially now.

14 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I'm still trying to figure out what the OP is even trying to say. Can someone make it make sense (if that's even possible with a unogueen post)?

I implore you to reconsider the terrible value proposition inherent in attempting to understand the OP. These threads should be used to deposit unwanted memes, hot takes on food and causual mentions of mysterious medical condtions. 

• Haha 1
  • Sicko Sherman 2