AMD RDNA3 Presentation Today at 4pm EST

Mr.Vic20

As someone that is interested in a 4080 to game at 4K, I'll keep an eye on how these stack up once we get some actual bench numbers in. Unfortunately, I think that with DLSS3 that nVidia will still be my default choice, but I'm willing to see what AMD can do, especially since it seems like AMD has a price advantage.

3 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

This was all we got

rqrafCfR57oc0hI9.jpg

if those numbers aren't cherry picked then it would put the raw performance close a 4090 which generally is about 60% over a 6950xt but that doesn't take it account nvidia's advantages in RT and frame generation.

hopefully we get reviews in the next couple of weeks.

rqrafCfR57oc0hI9.jpg

Some napkin math:

7900 XTX vs. 4090, 4K

COD MW2: 4% slower

WD Legion: 9% slower

Cyberpunk: 7% slower

RE Village: 28% slower

Metro EE: 41% slower

In non-RT, almost as fast as a 4090.

In RT, much slower than a 4090 but holds up a little better than the 6900 vs 3090 did.

Sourced numbers:

WWW.TECHPOWERUP.COM

1080p_Ultra.png
WWW.TECHSPOT.COM

Modern Warfare II is breaking franchise records and today we're throwing over 40 graphics cards at this new Call of Duty game to see what kind of...

3 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

rqrafCfR57oc0hI9.jpg

Some napkin math:

7900 XTX vs. 4090, 4K

COD MW2: 4% slower

WD Legion: 9% slower

Cyberpunk: 7% slower

RE Village: 28% slower

Metro EE: 41% slower

In non-RT, almost as fast as a 4090.

In RT, much slower than a 4090 but holds up a little better than the 6900 vs 3090 did.

Sourced numbers:

WWW.TECHPOWERUP.COM

1080p_Ultra.png
WWW.TECHSPOT.COM

Modern Warfare II is breaking franchise records and today we're throwing over 40 graphics cards at this new Call of Duty game to see what kind of...

Worth noting that everyone was way off with these types of estimates when using the 4000-series bull-charts and comparing it to the 3090 Ti.

5 minutes ago, legend said:

Did they announce anything about AI software support?

No but there was a mention of some AI chips on the GCM. I think AMD still believes in seperate gaming/workstation cards so there next workstation card might dig more into it.

Just now, Zaku3 said:

No but there was a mention of some AI chips on the GCM. I think AMD still believes in seperate gaming/workstation cards so there next workstation card might dig more into it.

Thanks. I think they're right in the short term that gaming and AI applications are mostly different spaces. It's also true that regular GPUs are pretty good at "inference" of AI models without special support. But all that is not going to hold true for that long. What Nvidia is doing with AI and gaming is is only the beginning and it would be a benefit to AMD to have more dedicated support.

25 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

Ok so I may have cancer. Got a bunch of tests to take. 

Still was hyped when they announced 999.99. 

Gotta prepare myself for the disappointment of being able to only get a 7900XT.

Monsters Inc Hug GIF
if there is anything I can do, feel free to reach out. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I am clueless about the current market: 

how impossible will it be to get one of these in the first few months, year?

Not too bad if you actively try and use in-stock websites. Grabbing a 4090 was not that bad and I’ve seen them pop in stock here and there for a few minutes since launch.

1 hour ago, Zaku3 said:

Ok so I may have cancer. Got a bunch of tests to take. 

Still was hyped when they announced 999.99. 

Gotta prepare myself for the disappointment of being able to only get a 7900XT.

oh man, thoughts are with you, really hope it’s early on and easily treatable or better yet a false alarm, please keep us posted 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Worth noting that everyone was way off with these types of estimates when using the 4000-series bull-charts and comparing it to the 3090 Ti.

This one?

YdcvSPPdDmKe3aqLALGYK3-1200-80.jpg.webp

It's not that far off if you ignore the DLSS3 charts lol.

From AMD's charts it does seem like the 7900 XTX will match the 3090 Ti in ray-tracing performance. Maybe it'll be a little faster in some titles, slower in others, which means  it should be competitive with the cancelled 4080 12GB, and I assume that's why the prices are around $900-$1000.

9 hours ago, cusideabelincoln said:

This one?

YdcvSPPdDmKe3aqLALGYK3-1200-80.jpg.webp

It's not that far off if you ignore the DLSS3 charts lol.

From AMD's charts it does seem like the 7900 XTX will match the 3090 Ti in ray-tracing performance. Maybe it'll be a little faster in some titles, slower in others, which means  it should be competitive with the cancelled 4080 12GB, and I assume that's why the prices are around $900-$1000.

People were estimating a "normal generational leap" which would be +25-35% (3090 Ti vs 4090) without DLSS/DLSS3. What we got is closer to +65-80%, which is the biggest leap since the GeForce3 Ti 500 vs GeForce 4 Ti 4600, and not anywhere near what we've been accustomed to as of late.

To clarify; the bull-charts themselves weren't really all that wrong, people trying to figure things out based on benches without actual numbers were. :p 

8 minutes ago, elbobo said:

I'm betting that AMD left a lot more headroom in their cards for their AIB partners to play with vs the 4090 FE which is essentially running a pretty hardcore OC out of the box

Given the power requirements (355W), it does seems possible. 

4 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I'm much more interested in AMDs answer to DLSS3, as the better their solution, the better it is for our shiny new cards going forward! I prepfer DLSS but its always nice when a game has at least FSR. 

There's also the chance that their solution fixes the vsync/lag problem before NVIDIA's.  We still don't know if it's actually using AI either, or even if it requires RDNA3.

I really want this tech to get to a point where 60fps w/ frame generation is indistinguishable from raw 60fps.  But the language AMD used doesn't give me hope.

The way they breezed over FRS3 in the reveal and then hyped up FSR2.2 tells me that AMD knows peopel are hyped by DLSS3 and therefore wanted a counter solution to announce. I'm betting its not close to ready and we won't see it trully used in a game until Q2 of later of next year. 

15 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

The way they breezed over FRS3 in the reveal and then hyped up FSR2.2 tells me that AMD knows peopel are hyped by DLSS3 and therefore wanted a counter solution to announce. I'm betting its not close to ready and we won't see it trully used in a game until Q2 of later of next year. 

That's reasonable. They said it wouldn't be available until next year. Were it available in Q1, they could have announced it as being a few months away.

• Halal 1