2022 Midterm Thread

5 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Is this going into a recount?

I don’t know much about CO election law, but I would be very surprised if this doesn’t end up in a recount and potentially in court

From@KyleClark

UPDATE: Democrat Adam Frisch is poised to upset Republican Rep. Lauren Boebert in CO-3, based on a 9NEWS analysis of remaining ballots, which are largely in counties where Frisch holds strong leads. #copolitics

The Boebert-Frisch race is tied 50-50% but the bulk of ballots yet to be counted, per AP, are in Pitkin County (80% counted, currently Frisch +58, not a typo), Pueblo County (91.6% counted, currently Frisch +9.6), and Garfield County (90% counted, currently Frisch +13.6).

Peep Show Fate GIF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • True 1
  • Sicko 2
  • Halal 1
  • Sicko Sherman 3

15 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I don’t know much about CO election law, but I would be very surprised if this doesn’t end up in a recount and potentially in court

10 minutes ago, S3xB0t said:

From@KyleClark

UPDATE: Democrat Adam Frisch is poised to upset Republican Rep. Lauren Boebert in CO-3, based on a 9NEWS analysis of remaining ballots, which are largely in counties where Frisch holds strong leads. #copolitics

The Boebert-Frisch race is tied 50-50% but the bulk of ballots yet to be counted, per AP, are in Pitkin County (80% counted, currently Frisch +58, not a typo), Pueblo County (91.6% counted, currently Frisch +9.6), and Garfield County (90% counted, currently Frisch +13.6).

Peep Show Fate GIF

This Kyle Clark guys says CO law requires an automatic recount if the margin is within 0.5% which this 100% is going to be

16 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

In Colorado’s case, state statute requires a recount “if the difference between the highest number of votes cast in that election contest and the next highest number of votes cast in that election contest is less than or equal to one-half of one percent of the highest vote cast in that election contest.”

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

This Kyle Clark guys says CO law requires an automatic recount if the margin is within 0.5% which this 100% is going to be

That makes sense, and yes, seems certain to be well under that threshold.

Edge a little longer

5 minutes ago, CastletonSnob said:

10 million Texans didn't vote. 

I don't understand why turnout in this state is so bad.

Voting eligible hispanic voters not voting makes up the majority of the turnout difference between TX and the most similar large states.

1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:

How do you reverse that?

There are a multitude of reasons. Besides, who does a socially conservative person in favor of strong schools and light gun control vote for in this country? Who do they vote for in Texas? Every metric I've ever seen says each generation is less socially conservative and less religious than the last, so you know. I think the answer is still...

29 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Time

1 hour ago, S3xB0t said:

From@KyleClark

Peep Show Fate GIF

Lmao! Congratulations on your first hit post, Michael!

• Guillotine 1

7 hours ago, TwinIon said:

Yeah, that's part of why I didn't vote for it. If all the money went to infrastructure (charging stations, electric city vehicles, etc) then I probably would have voted for it. I feel like we should be moving past the point of rebates, and a rebate program that is heavily backed by a company that will need to buy a bunch of electric cars felt pretty fishy.

I voted for it to be honest. Newsom was playing it safe and didn't want to piss off the wealthy by playing into the whole "tax and spend" democratic label. The California Republican party being against this as well was enough for me to vote for it.

5 hours ago, TUFKAK said:
5 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Average white guys who failed to achieve their dreams, have to find a reason for why they did. Because the truth, they’re nothing, is too painful to accept. They don’t have our introspection my friend. And even if they did, their ego wouldn’t allow it.

Reminds me of all the brothers I know that blame their lack of success not on the systemic inequities built into American society that has plaugued African Americans since we were brought here in chains, but on Jews who control space lasers with their blood sucking reptilian alien overlords running shit from their secret bases under Antartica, The Amazon and The moon :|

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Reminds me of all the brothers I know that blame their lack of success not on the systemic inequities built into American society that has plaugued African Americans since we were brought here in chains, but on Jews who control space lasers with their blood sucking reptilian alien overlords running shit from their secret bases under Antartica, The Amazon and The moon :|

Kyrie is having a bad enough start to the season right now without you going right at him like that, man.

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

w6XTUZh.png

lol

Lower the maximum Twittering age to 50.

• Haha 1