Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase 2022 - All Trailers Posted

Keyser_Soze

37 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

You just described the reason for the bitching on ResetERA :lol:

People just need to realize that Microsoft needed this E3 to break the cycle of smokescreen announcements.  The only non-starters this time were the Team Ninja game and Ark 2.

Good riddance to the past.

• Halal 1

Starfield looked pretty cool, but at this point Bethesda has to prove to me they finally hired someone who knows how to design gameplay and someone else who understands exploration needs to be rewarding other than just for the sake of exploration. 

Diablo looks insane but that’s coming to every platform

Redfall likes entirely average and forgettable but it’s Arkane so I assume maybe that was just a bad way of presenting it. 

The rest of that was pretty trash. 

solid C

By doing zero presentation and therefore having no way of disappointing everyone. Nintendo wins E3 by default. 

12 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Does Sony have anything else to show in this window or are they kinda done?

Sony just seems like they're treading water to me. 

It’s a role reversal this year. :p

Horizon VR, Last of Us Remake, Spider-Man PC was all they brought.

I thought the show was decent. What I got out of it was yet another confirmation that 2023 will be amazing and that 2022 is not. Xbox is releasing one new game this year.

I guess this is the year of actually catching up on my backlog, because there are only 2 or 3 games coming out the rest of the year that interest me.

@stepee @Firewithin

redfall-1654858663783.jpg?width=1280
WWW.IGN.COM

Redfall's creators aim for their co-op vampire slaying shooter to be just as great solo as it is with four players.

When Arkane Austin announced its vampire-slaying shooter Redfall last year, it was understandable that a portion of its community was a little skeptical. Why were the creators of Prey and Dishonored moving away from meticulous, hand-crafted precision in favour of the messy chaos of co-operative open worlds? A year later I’ve learned that, well, they haven’t. The minds behind Redfall are determined to translate Arkane’s trademark smarts into a game that can be enjoyed by four cooperating players, and that begins with what the studio has always done best: single-player.

“We put an inordinate amount of work into making the single-player feel right,” says Harvey Smith, studio director at Arkane Austin. With no desire to make solo and multiplayer separate modes, Smith and his colleagues set about creating a game that worked as a satisfying single-player game just as much as it did a great co-op experience.

“It was very important to us that we allow you to play the game alone,” says Smith. “So you can pick your way along very slowly, play at your own pace, observe things at a distance, plan, formulate, harvest resources, do all those things that you probably like doing in an Arkane game.”

Of course, whether that's actually the case remains to be seen!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

@stepee @Firewithin

WWW.IGN.COM

Redfall's creators aim for their co-op vampire slaying shooter to be just as great solo as it is with four players.

Arkane made rogue-lite fun, they can do this.

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

@stepee @Firewithin

WWW.IGN.COM

Yah I'd like to see the single player gameplay first but that's a positive note

I think realistically this was an amazing show. Everything slipping to 2023 is just the state of things. Yeah they could have won the internet with cgi trailers announcing Resident Evil 9, Bioshock 4, Silent Hill remake, New Mass Effect all timed exclusive and ended with a Fallout 5 teaser and have everyone slob their knobs for announcing games years away but that’s dumb. Yeah none Of this stuff is eye ball melting next gen games, but that’s because none of those games will be out by 2023.

1 hour ago, Dodger said:

I think realistically this was an amazing show. Everything slipping to 2023 is just the state of things. Yeah they could have won the internet with cgi trailers announcing Resident Evil 9, Bioshock 4, Silent Hill remake, New Mass Effect all timed exclusive and ended with a Fallout 5 teaser and have everyone slob their knobs for announcing games years away but that’s dumb. Yeah none Of this stuff is eye ball melting next gen games, but that’s because none of those games will be out by 2023.

There is a fair argument that Microsoft left a few too many dangling threads from years prior.  Outer Wilds 2.  Hellblade 2.  Avowed.  Fable.  Perfect Dark.  Everwild.  Indiana Jones.  Elder Scrolls 6.  For couple of those games, we should have seen more by now, if not also a release date.

But that's also why I appreciate this year as a reset.  They're being honest about showing what they have that's ready for prime time.

3 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

There is a fair argument that Microsoft left a few too many dangling threads from years prior.  Outer Wilds 2.  Hellblade 2.  Avowed.  Fable.  Perfect Dark.  Everwild.  Indiana Jones.  Elder Scrolls 6.  For couple of those games, we should have seen more by now, if not also a release date.

But that's also why I appreciate this year as a reset.  They're being honest about what they expect to release soon.

Looks like those games are all further away than we thought. Hellblade 2 is still the best looking next gen game we’ve seen anything for but it must not be coming out in the next year. I heard a lot of positive stuff about Avowed to the point where I saw minor speculation it could hit this fall instead of Starfield. Big lol nope to that.

People aren’t getting it. People want some Naughty Dog level exclusive to drop soon and that’s just not happening. GoW2 is going to get delayed to 2023 and it’s PS4 game anyway. I wouldn’t be surprised if Spider-Man 2 ends up being a PS4 game too. The next gen calvary isn’t coming for awhile. These are the kind of games that are going to be out in the next 12 months. I think companies are even scared to give any kind of release window right now because everything is getting delayed. MS wasn’t trying to tease a bunch of games that won’t be out until 2025 and later.

We should probably expect just about everything with a vague release window to be pushed back at this point.

34 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Hellblade 2 is still the best looking next gen game we’ve seen anything for but it must not be coming out in the next year.

It's in the running for sure, but that demo last year didn't impress like the teaser before it, IMO.

34 minutes ago, Dodger said:

People aren’t getting it. People want some Naughty Dog level exclusive to drop soon and that’s just not happening. GoW2 is going to get delayed to 2023 and it’s PS4 game anyway. I wouldn’t be surprised if Spider-Man 2 ends up being a PS4 game too. The next gen calvary isn’t coming for awhile. These are the kind of games that are going to be out in the next 12 months. I think companies are even scared to give any kind of release window right now because everything is getting delayed. MS wasn’t trying to tease a bunch of games that won’t be out until 2025 and later.

I don't think that's totally accurate.  We're starting to see quite a few more games announced for release soon as next-gen only.  Some of them seemingly because of optimization issues.  Others for marketing purposes, perhaps.  Still others that started development with next-gen targets.  But change is starting to happen across the industry.

The big 1st party games Sony and Microsoft brought to these showcases are next-gen only as well.  You can't even play Redfall on Xbox One.

12 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

It's in the running for sure, but that demo last year didn't impress like the teaser before it, IMO.

I don't think that's totally accurate.  We're starting to see quite a few more games announced as next gen only.  Some of them seemingly because of optimization issues.  Others for marketing purposes, perhaps.  Still others that started development with next-gen targets.  But change is starting to happen across the industry.

The big 1st party games Sony and Microsoft brought to these showcases are next-gen only as well.  You can't even play Redfall on Xbox One.

They might be next gen only but a lot of them don’t look next gen only. Like I just assumed RedFall was coming to X1 because while it looks nice, it doesn’t look like a next gen only game. The point isn’t whether or not these games are next gen only or not, the point is people are shitting on the showcase that they weren’t wowed by anything and I’m saying there really isn’t anything mind blowing coming out in the next 12 months. And you can come with cgi trailers for games further out, but these games are likely even further out then their internal targets given damn near everything by damn near everyone has been delayed. I’d bet a good chunk of what we saw today also gets delayed. The point is we’re probably not getting a “AAAA” next gen game until 2024 at the earliest. There will be good stuff releasing before that, but that megaton omgwtfbbq kind of game is at least two years away.

8 hours ago, Dodger said:

The point is we’re probably not getting a “AAAA” next gen game until 2024 at the earliest. There will be good stuff releasing before that, but that megaton omgwtfbbq kind of game is at least two years away.

There's too many variables to say this with any assurance IMO.  We haven't seen enough of games like Jedi Survivor, Alan Wake 2 or Spiderman 2 for instance.  Heck, EA and Ubisoft didn't even show up to this.

The only thing I truly doubt is that a UE5 game fully utilizing the engine, like the Matrix demo, will release before 2024.