Hogwarts Legacy - Information Thread, update: reviews from OpenCritic posted

Brian

1 hour ago, Firewithin said:

the map is the most dogshit part of this game (at least in hogwarts).  you try and fast travel next to a quest location or whatever and find out its levels above or below or on the opposite side of the area vs where you traveled too.

Are you fast traveling to the flags or the green flames? The flames offer a much more direct area location. 

• True 1

6 hours ago, Firewithin said:

the map is the most dogshit part of this game (at least in hogwarts).  you try and fast travel next to a quest location or whatever and find out its levels above or below or on the opposite side of the area vs where you traveled too.

Yup. I understand hogwarts is massive but that map could have and should have went ALLL the way back to the drawing board 

15 hours ago, Biggie said:

Bruh Hogwarts is a masterpiece. Play it first.  

Dead Island is one of my all-time favorite games, and I’ve been waiting years for Dead Island 2. It’s my most anticipated game of the year, and I expect it to be my GOTY. So it takes priority over every other game this year.

WB delaying the PS4 version of Hogwarts Legacy until April 4th really messed up my gaming plans for the beginning of this year. I was planning on getting Hogwarts Legacy on day one (February 10th) which would have given me plenty of time to play and finish it by April 21st when Dead Island 2 comes out, but now those plans are out the window.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Hogwarts Legacy - Information Thread, update: reviews from OpenCritic posted

I’m past the third trial and a couple missions past that now, I’m thinking I’ve got to be 3/4th through now? 42 hours so far. I’ll probably beat it this weekend with like 60 hours or something. I’ll do pretty much all the side missions but I have three that are collection missions and I don’t do those ones.

I’m curious with what the post release plans are. A sequel seems both easy to do (hogwarts and the world are already all built up) but difficult to raise the bar with (we’ve already been to these places now) - a story expansion or two makes sense. I could also see them pushing in more content besides that like expanding the pokémon and animal crossing side elements. They could add more games to play or even new spells to learn. They could add something so people could visit your room or trade creatures with you, stuff like that.

Or just save it all for a sequel I guess and it’ll just be a more more more sorta thing. There is no way they don’t push something sorta GASS multiplayer out of this, wether it’s added in, the main selling point of the sequel, or a separate spin off. I don’t really care for that but there’s too much potential there to leave the money on the table. I just hope they don’t ruin what’s here now with it.

On 2/20/2023 at 12:58 PM, stepee said:

I’m past the third trial and a couple missions past that now, I’m thinking I’ve got to be 3/4th through now? 42 hours so far. I’ll probably beat it this weekend with like 60 hours or something. I’ll do pretty much all the side missions but I have three that are collection missions and I don’t do those ones.

I’m curious with what the post release plans are. A sequel seems both easy to do (hogwarts and the world are already all built up) but difficult to raise the bar with (we’ve already been to these places now) - a story expansion or two makes sense. I could also see them pushing in more content besides that like expanding the pokémon and animal crossing side elements. They could add more games to play or even new spells to learn. They could add something so people could visit your room or trade creatures with you, stuff like that.

Or just save it all for a sequel I guess and it’ll just be a more more more sorta thing. There is no way they don’t push something sorta GASS multiplayer out of this, wether it’s added in, the main selling point of the sequel, or a separate spin off. I don’t really care for that but there’s too much potential there to leave the money on the table. I just hope they don’t ruin what’s here now with it.

sequel in one of the 11 other magic schools. 

7 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

sequel in one of the 11 other magic schools. 

That could be cool, I don’t have the same nostalgic association with any other schools, but that would still be better to me than only reusing Hogwarts (they could still reuse it, but just add another) and could be fun exploring a new place.

I think there will definitely be some DLC. They're sitting on a cash cow, how could there not be?

If there's a sequel, though, it should take place at ilvermorny (located in New England) or durmstrang (located somewhere in Europe where it gets really cold), though.

I suppose they could go uagadou, but I don't think they would want to touch that. Lots of "vaguely African" cultural landmines to navigate, given they already have to navigate JK Rowling's shittery.

3 hours ago, Demut said:

Aaaaand it's been cracked. With a ... ehem ... rather spicy NFO to boot :]

Also, apparently it's even got console-exclusive stuff enabled. Illegal download chads winning yet again, it seems.

I don’t think that disgusting hateful nfo is anything to put a little smug face about, but I do like it when people show themselves.

For those unaware it’s pure transphobic hate, saying trans women are just “sissy men”, it’s not just like saying “Go JK!” or something, it’s vile.

Anyway, I’m curious if it runs any better without the denovo cpu overhead.

24 minutes ago, stepee said:

I don’t think that disgusting hateful nfo is anything to put a little smug face about, but I do like it when people show themselves.

For those unaware it’s pure transphobic hate, saying trans women are just “sissy men”, it’s not just like saying “Go JK!” or something, it’s vile.

Anyway, I’m curious if it runs any better without the denovo cpu overhead.

The cracker is a huge attention whore and complete assclown. They shit on anyone else who has been able to crack denuvo (says "it was an old and cheap version they cracked, they're not very good at this actually!") and claims that they alone will "take denuvo down". They also tried to claim that Rowling's recent thing about "not caring about her legacy because she'll be dead" is because of "women supporting women" and almost tries to take credit for it. Person is a complete sociopath. 

6 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

The cracker is a huge attention whore and complete assclown. They shit on anyone else who has been able to crack denuvo (says "it was an old and cheap version they cracked, they're not very good at this actually!") and claims that they alone will "take denuvo down". They also tried to claim that Rowling's recent thing about "not caring about her legacy because she'll be dead" is because of "women supporting women" and almost tries to take credit for it. Person is a complete sociopath. 

Im sure she bothered with this one simply to “pwn” people who would want to get it cracked to not support her. 

The other claim I will actually give her, everybody else gave up on cracking denuvo because it’s apparently an incredibly tedious line by line catching calls deal and she is the only one willing to waste the time to do it.

But ya she’s a trash person.