Hogwarts Legacy - Information Thread, update: reviews from OpenCritic posted

Brian

6 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

There's an answer legend for those you can find in the castle. As far as I know, they're never part of a quest. 

I'm not going to lie, I cheated the answers to those. I decided I didn't want to consult the cheat sheet every time I found one, so I just googled the answers.

40 hours in and I still don't know if I've found all the doors.

Puzzle solution:

Spoiler

I'm pretty sure the symbols that surround each door are in numerical sequence starting at 0.

• Halal 1

4 minutes ago, Bjomesphat said:

Puzzle solution:

Hide contents

I'm pretty sure the symbols that surround each door are in numerical sequence starting at 0.

When I realized that, I thought “this is the Arithmancy Hermione wouldn’t shut up about? This is the most difficult subject at Hogwarts?” :lol:

20 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

When I realized that, I thought “this is the Arithmancy Hermione wouldn’t shut up about? This is the most difficult subject at Hogwarts?” :lol:

Now that I'm so interested in this universe where is the best place to access these films? I want to watch them now. 

27 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Fuck, I just recently got HBO max, too. I guess I'll get peacock because I want to see them. 

They're pretty good, and as much as I hate to give JK props, the books are even better.

The first two movies are straight up kids fantasy movies. Silly, magical, low stakes, friendship conquers all type stuff, but very charming and creative. I would at least watch through the 3rd movie and determine if you're going to finish the series. It takes a pretty radical turn there and is more reflective of what the IP becomes.

• Thanks 1
  • True 1

6 minutes ago, stepee said:

On normal so far. I’ll switch to easy if needed but so far it’s been just right.

Ok. I agree normal has been perfect for me but I need to be more strategic in my battle I'm on now. Such a great game.

I have peacock now and will be watching hp tonight. I checked it out and it doesn't fit my entire screen when watching. Is that normal?

6 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Ok. I agree normal has been perfect for me but I need to be more strategic in my battle I'm on now. Such a great game.

I have peacock now and will be watching hp tonight. I checked it out and it doesn't fit my entire screen when watching. Is that normal?

The filmed aspect ratio is wider than a 16:9 television so it should be letter boxed to show it without stretching.

any idea why I cant grow mandrake in the room of requirement? I have a small potting table and bought the seed, but its greyed out. 

where it normally gives you the stats for growth time, mine just has a red exclamation and says “purchased from dogweed and deathcap

15 minutes ago, stepee said:

I just plotted my mandrake and it was in a small pot so it’s something else

i tried loading and reloding. speaking to Prof Garlick. I tried the potting plant in the herbology class. no dice. its glitched and I cant get wingardium leviosa. unless I find one out in the wild i guess. 

or maybe I need to advance the main story more? 

3 minutes ago, atom631 said:

i tried loading and reloding. speaking to Prof Garlick. I tried the potting plant in the herbology class. no dice. its glitched and I cant get wingardium leviosa. unless I find one out in the wild i guess. 

or maybe I need to advance the main story more? 

I’m one mission past the first trial if you haven’t gotten this far yet