Sony buys Bungie for $3.6 billion, update: deal has officially closed

CitizenVectron

Just now, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

What evidence can you POSSIBLY produce that it "doesn't look good"?!?

Lack of supply =/= lack of demand

You basically answered your own question. There is a demand, for sure. But they can't produce it, which makes the brand weak. 

Just now, Kal-El814 said:

The only thing floundering about the PS5 is Sony’s ability to produce enough of them, and this is not a problem that is unique to them right now.

Exactly. You get it. 

4 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

No.

3 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

No - that's not how this works at all.

Look. If you can't sell what you're trying to sell, that's not making an impact on the marketplace. Plain and simple. That's all I'm saying.  

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

I mean, there isn’t a third option between trolling and dumb, soooo what are you trying to say here

Trolling = dumb. So what are YOU saying?

Just now, GameDadGrant said:

Look. If you can't sell what you're trying to sell, that's not making an impact on the marketplace. Plain and simple. That's all I'm saying.  

I… don’t get this. Sony’s stock is close to a 5 year high. It’s not that they can’t sell, it’s that they cannot produce enough to meet demand.

5 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I… don’t get this. Sony’s stock is close to a 5 year high. It’s not that they can’t sell, it’s that they cannot produce enough to meet demand.

He’s trolling. Saying the brand is floundering is pure absurdity.

• Guillotine 1

1 minute ago, The def star said:

Microsoft made Bungie more valuable than it really is. If you look at the Besthesda deal, Microsoft at least got their past catalog to put on their service. With Bungie, they get Destiny, Myth and Oni? The Bethesda deal looks a lot better in retrospect for sure.

Again, this REALLY isn't about Destiny or the rest of Bungie's catalog in the least.

It's about Bungie's FPS and live-service expertise.

Just now, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Again, this REALLY isn't about Destiny or the rest of Bungie's catalog.

It's about Bungie's FPS and live-service expertise.

correct. 

this is a play for the future and what bungle could create in the future not the current. 

also for the fanboys it’s a little extra fun that Sony now owns the company that created MS flagship title. 

2 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

correct. 

this is a play for the future and what bungle could create in the future not the current. 

also for the fanboys it’s a little extra fun that Sony now owns the company that created MS flagship title. 

It’s only fair with MS owning Crash now!

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

correct. 

The potential problem with this and not getting any real marketable IP's is that the talent can leave.  I mean it happened to Microsoft.  Microsoft purchased RARE back in the day... but all the talent left, and RARE hasn't done anything since.