What status are you in being rich?

SuperSpreader

I think the way I think about my financial situation in the year of our Lord 2022, is that for the first 29 years of my life I lived in a household that was one small financial hurdle away from disaster, and now I don't have to think about how to stretch the last few dollars in our account until the next payday. That means more to me than anything else. I am not a worrier by nature, but my wife certainly is. I am glad to see that burden taken off of her mind.

7 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Tom Hardy Bait GIF

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

I think the way I think about my financial situation in the year of our Lord 2022, is that for the first 29 years of my life I lived in a household that was one small financial hurdle away from disaster, and now I don't have to think about how to stretch the last few dollars in our account until the next payday. That means more to me than anything else. I am not a worrier by nature, but my wife certainly is. I am glad to see that burden taken off of her mind.

Gottem!

6 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Honestly, I'm at a point now where I'm not checking my bank account every day because I'm not worried about it. That means comfort. That doesn't mean I'm rich, like I can't decide to go on a drug bender or something, but spending a hundred bucks on something here and there isn't a big deal.

14 hours ago, sblfilms said:

This is a similar way that I think about wealth and my goals for society. That is, I am firmly opposed to complete uniform communism, but I'd love to reorganize our economic practices to make a society in which no one is in a constant state of financial anxiety about something bad happening. The change in psychological well being from scraping by to not worrying about what you'll do (financially) is enormous and likely has even more enormous ripple effects across society as more people reach that stage.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oof. I'm still doing fine but, uh... I decided to take two months off and then I injured myself and had to take another two months off involuntarily

I'm not in danger of going homeless or anything, but dear lord I did not plan on taking 4 months off of work this year. I had hoped to go on vacation and to get my teeth fixed. Those things sure as shit aren't happening now.

36 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

I should be getting a new job this summer that will make me relatively rich. I’m talking actually use my savings account money. 

Next January I run the risk of being on this situation. Mild financial security is the mid-thirties dream.