Judge rules seven at-will healthcare workers in Wisconsin can't quit their jobs until replacements are found, update: injunction dismissed

f4566fb3-e3f4-4e62-bad2-76f9b2d3f687-Cou
WWW.POSTCRESCENT.COM

Health care staffing strains played out in the courtroom Friday morning.

Totally normal and healthy balance of power!

ThedaCare requested Thursday that an Outagamie County judge temporarily block seven of its employees who had applied for and accepted jobs at Ascension from beginning work there on Monday until the health system could find replacements for them. 

Outagamie County Circuit Court Judge Mark McGinnis granted ThedaCare's request and held an initial hearing Friday morning. The case will get a longer hearing at 10 a.m. Monday.

• Guillotine 2

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

They aren't being required to work at the old place, just not start their new jobs.

That's true, but almost a distinction without a difference since they are legally barred from taking new jobs until their old workplace can replace them. So if they want to have an income they need to keep working at their old job (or until the case is settled).

7 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

That's true, but almost a distinction without a difference since they are legally barred from taking new jobs until their old workplace can replace them. So if they want to have an income they need to keep working at their old job (or until the case is settled).

Not necessarily...

62798905_164286003351365_r.png
WWW.GOFUNDME.COM

Update: I am in active contact with the attorney for Ascension… Martin Elkins needs your support for ThedaCare Seven - ExEmployee Support Fund

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, BloodyHell said:

Donated. It's not much, but fuck this judge. This will clearly be overturned. This judge should be suspended pending investigation.

He's an elected judge and won reelection unopposed AFTER stuff like this...

Mark-McGinnis.jpg?fit=400%2C284&quality=
WISCONSINWATCH.ORG

Outagamie County Circuit Court Judge Mark McGinnis’ Statements of Economic Interests do not appear to list police training session income from the city of Appleton for years in which other records …

TRUANCY_COURT_SCHOOL_BOARD_MEETING_9_656
WWW.WEAREGREENBAY.COM

An outside source was brought in to evaluate the truancy court, he presented the findings of his investigation in a report at Thursday’s school board meeting.

Elections, right?

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Apparently. there's been some issues with this judge in the past when you look up their record.

I guess if our leaders are getting kickbacks and making stock trades on the day of major votes that affect those trades, can we really blame judges for getting in on the action?

Just now, BloodyHell said:

I guess if our leaders are getting kickbacks and making stock trades on the day of major votes that affect those trades, can we really blame judges for getting in on the action?

On the low Judges are some of the most corrupt actors in hour system. Depending on where there are there's very little holding them accountable for their actions. I say that and one of my best friend's mother is a judge and I've known her since I was a kid.

• True 1

19 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

On the low Judges are some of the most corrupt actors in hour system. Depending on where there are there's very little holding them accountable for their actions. I say that and one of my best friend's mother is a judge and I've known her since I was a kid.

This guy immediately comes to mind. Had as a clerk Bret Kavanaugh. The only real recourse would have been impeachment and lol

And then at a higher level There’s this as well

9 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

This guy immediately comes to mind. Had as a clerk Bret Kavanaugh. The only real recourse would have been impeachment and lol

And then at a higher level There’s this as well

There was also This Guy who was the subject of the documentary KIDS FOR CASH

The only reason he got caught was because he was doing it to WHITE kids. Imagine the shit these guys are doing to minorities across the country?

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Judge rules seven at-will healthcare workers in Wisconsin can't quit their jobs until replacements are found, update: injunction dismissed