Welcome to our new (and returning) members from ResetERA

Commissar SFLUFAN

4 minutes ago, stepee said:

Well yeah but I wanna read about why it’s good or any things that might ruins it for me, not just the score. Mostly just how it fairs vs Sword/Shield.

Well, I recall DnP not being well received on the DS release. Of course googling why DnP/Gen 4 were so disliked brings up a number of people asking this and then everyone saying Gen 4 was great. I played it but to me it was just more Pokemon. I liked the Gen 2 remakes that came after better tho. 

Course all of that prolly doesn't matter in regards to the remake. 

On 11/8/2021 at 5:39 PM, Patatat said:

I mean not really. Not really any different than anywhere else on the internet, it's just kind of a shitty thing to do on a forum.

But yes, the site owner and others have listed several confirmed/suspected alts in this thread.

Which is an odd thing to do imo.

I'm not sure what tools are a available but just openly admitting and allowing "rerolls" seemingly intentionally vs preventing it is pretty fucking weird.

Long-short: many of us used to post on IGN, were there when things like Bot_IGN started shitting up the board, and left when the IGN boards started to collapse or whatever they did in 2010. This board was much more active in 2010 when it started, but there are still a decent chunk of us who remain here that keep this board active enough.

In some ways, the board is weirder. In other ways, it's not. It's hard to describe why, but I'll do my best: we had a dude named everyman who claimed to be a Bill Clinton fan but sounds exactly like a Trump voter, used to call this Hispanic user "foreigner" all the time, was racist, called people friendless virgins, betas, and then at one point, claimed he had a girlfriend, then suddenly it was his wife, then she was pregnant, then gave birth in the span of like two months, and said she would disprove evolution but she never came through because he likely made all that up since he was probably an incel. And we're pretty sure he was NotEnoughPayne from IGN who went crazy around 08/09.

So at that point, we seemed like a less weird board because we were bigger, but that guy existed here. heyyoudvd is another dude who went 5 pages on IGN talking about Rachael Ray wore a keffiyeh even though it was a regular scarf. He was a really far-right Republican crazy, and yet he became crazier, first being anti-Trump and pro-Rubio, but then was subtly defending Trump on everything, but while he did that claimed he was the most anti-Trump user on the board, but then @Chris- found a Reddit post of his that said he really loved Trump, and basically, heyyou never wanted to admit he was a Republican automaton. He was stubborn as a mule and couldn't admit he was wrong, whether it was lying about being anti-Trump or just admitting the controversy years ago about Rachael Ray's scarf was overblown, and he would argue for pages on end instead of just admitting he was making things up.

All this is just to say that in some ways, the board is less weird because the guys who seemed normal enough were exposed by Rachel, some of the overt racists like Everyman and Engel were either banned or were weeded out, and heyyou was permanently banned because he went psycho, which takes a lot considering he said on IGN that gay marriage would lead to marrying animals. I think because there are fewer posters, what is weird about the board is highlighted more, and when we had a ton more members, it didn't seem as strange for whatever reason. Now the weirdest is someone saying you're an alt, and honestly I don't find that to be that weird considering many "new" members we get are previous problem people who think they're slick. :p  

But we have had some legit new members and they've been cool!

On 11/8/2021 at 11:56 PM, Rachel said:

This thread has got nothing on the old general insanity days 

This too. If you think it's weird now, you missed some of the crazy-ass people who were on IGN and migrated to here. 

9 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Long-short: many of us used to post on IGN, were there when things like Bot_IGN started shitting up the board, and left when the IGN boards started to collapse or whatever they did in 2010. This board was much more active in 2010 when it started, but there are still a decent chunk of us who remain here that keep this board active enough.

In some ways, the board is weirder. In other ways, it's not. It's hard to describe why, but I'll do my best: we had a dude named everyman who claimed to be a Bill Clinton fan but sounds exactly like a Trump voter, used to call this Hispanic user "foreigner" all the time, was racist, called people friendless virgins, betas, and then at one point, claimed he had a girlfriend, then suddenly it was his wife, then she was pregnant, then gave birth in the span of like two months, and said she would disprove evolution but she never came through because he likely made all that up since he was probably an incel. And we're pretty sure he was NotEnoughPayne from IGN who went crazy around 08/09.

So at that point, we seemed like a less weird board because we were bigger, but that guy existed here. heyyoudvd is another dude who went 5 pages on IGN talking about Rachael Ray wore a keffiyeh even though it was a regular scarf. He was a really far-right Republican crazy, and yet he became crazier, first being anti-Trump and pro-Rubio, but then was subtly defending Trump on everything, but while he did that claimed he was the most anti-Trump user on the board, but then @Chris- found a Reddit post of his that said he really loved Trump, and basically, heyyou never wanted to admit he was a Republican automaton. He was stubborn as a mule and couldn't admit he was wrong, whether it was lying about being anti-Trump or just admitting the controversy years ago about Rachael Ray's scarf was overblown, and he would argue for pages on end instead of just admitting he was making things up.

All this is just to say that in some ways, the board is less weird because the guys who seemed normal enough were exposed by Rachel, some of the overt racists like Everyman and Engel were either banned or were weeded out, and heyyou was permanently banned because he went psycho, which takes a lot considering he said on IGN that gay marriage would lead to marrying animals. I think because there are fewer posters, what is weird about the board is highlighted more, and when we had a ton more members, it didn't seem as strange for whatever reason. Now the weirdest is someone saying you're an alt, and honestly I don't find that to be that weird considering many "new" members we get are previous problem people who think they're slick. :p  

But we have had some legit new members and they've been cool!

This too. If you think it's weird now, you missed some of the crazy-ass people who were on IGN and migrated to here. 

Am I a legit new member?

Also I'm still here lol.

• 4 weeks later...