Welcome to our new (and returning) members from ResetERA

Commissar SFLUFAN

In my capacity as the Exalted General Secretary of DayOnePatch.com (the #1 site on the internet and you can't prove me otherwise), I'd like to take some time to welcome our new and returning members from ResetERA who've decided to check us out due to recent events over there.  So, let's give a warm D1P welcome to:

First-Timers:

@Anelk

@Bill Gaitas

@arnehelst

@Patatat

@FiveSide

@SleezyBigSlim

@aett

@Megatherium

@Cheerwine

Returners:

@Vanillalite

@Enterprise1701

For a bit of history, D1P was first known as BadCartridge.com which was formed in December 2010 by a community who broke off from the IGN boards.  The site was eventually renamed DayOnePatch and has remained that way ever since.  During that time, we had some database..."issues"...that reared their ugly head from time-to-time, most notably during the implosion of NeoGAF that gave birth to ResetERA.  We had several NeoGAF refugees come to D1P (like @Enterprise1701) during the interim time between NeoGAF and ResetERA, but most decided to remain with ResetERA due to D1P's technical instability during that period.

Of course, because we have incredibly bad luck, we suffered ANOTHER database corruption situation in 2018 which resulted in us effectively having to REBOOT THE ENTIRE SITE BECAUSE EVERYTHING WAS LOST.  Fortunately, I managed to salvage the Member roster which enabled me to at least re-create the profiles of the vast majority of active posters.  Except for you @Vanillalite - I didn't bother to recreate yours because you hadn't posted in years :p

Thankfully, we completely reconfigured the technical side of the site and we haven't had any significant issues since then.  Culturally speaking, this site is a very different environment than ResetERA largely because we're very much an "older" audience so moderation is very light compared to over there.  Even though I am the sole owner/operator, I'm not Evilore or Cerium - there is absolutely zero monetization or revenue stream for this site.  There are no ads, there are no membership levels, there is nothing of the sort.  This is our community that has been together in one form or another for well over a decade and while we will naturally have our disagreements, we're still here :p

So, welcome to the site and have fun!

• Like 3

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Welcome to our new (and returning) members from ResetERA
1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

You sure wrote a lot for users who will just bail in a couple of days!

Speak up, I can't hear you as I walk away!

But in any case, I enjoyed the history lesson. I'm in my late 30s, so it's good to know that the average age around here is older, too.

• Haha 2
  • True 1

On 10/16/2021 at 2:39 AM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Of course, because we have incredibly bad luck, we suffered ANOTHER database corruption situation in 2018 which resulted in us effectively having to REBOOT THE ENTIRE SITE BECAUSE EVERYTHING WAS LOST.  Fortunately, I managed to salvage the Member roster which enabled me to at least re-create the profiles of the vast majority of active posters.

Hello everyone, and oof at the back-to-back database corruptions. I used to be very active on The Adrenaline Vault back in the day, and the board outright died after the second database corruption. It stayed on basically life support until Angel Munoz (IIRC) eventually pulled the plug (circa 2013, as I remember). A lot of old reviews and articles from the mid-late '90s were lost.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Rachel said:

It’s not a joke. You literally protect and support racists and pedos… 

I guess I'm confused, on this site? Or neogaf and resetera?

Why are you posting here then?

Like I tried to research this and can't find anything on dayonepatch ownership.

If what you're saying is true I'm out.

9 minutes ago, Patatat said:

I guess I'm confused, on this site? Or neogaf and resetera?

Why are you posting here then?

Like I tried to research this and can't find anything on dayonepatch ownership.

If what you're saying is true I'm out.

I am the ownership of dayonepatch.com

I'll let @Rachel explain why she thinks this of me because quite frankly she's the only person on this site who says this despite everything that I've done to make this site as welcoming as possible, including the banning of multiple alt-right members.

Also, let's not get into the amount of times she's asked me to buy things for her on our Discord server.  I honestly have no idea why she hangs around with such terrible people such as myself.

Ok, well seems like an odd dynamic as @Rachel seems like a regular poster here on various topics which seems strange if she actually thinks this and has an issue.

Like hey I'm here and a regular member but also randomly throwing out this site is garbage/has garbage ownership?

Like they're supporting the same thing they are calling out by continuing to post without calling it out in every post (which isn't the case from what I've seen).

Any receipts here or what's the deal?

Pretty weird all around.

4 minutes ago, Patatat said:

Ok, well seems like an odd dynamic as @Rachel seems like a regular poster here on various topics which seems strange if she actually thinks this and has an issue.

Like hey I'm here and a regular member but also randomly throwing out this site is garbage/has garbage ownership?

Like they're supporting the same thing they are calling out by continuing to post without calling it out in every post (which isn't the case from what I've seen).

Any receipts here or what's the deal?

Pretty weird all around.

You seem like a pretty great poster and we'd love to have you as a member of the community, but if this just seems all very strange for you, then I completely understand.

20 minutes ago, Rachel said:

Do you or do you not protect a user who does online brownfacing while advocating for the use of racial slurs and allow this user to continue doing so?

You mean the user who has repeatedly made up online personas for himself because of his seemingly mundane perhaps even emotionally empty existence, including that of a former oil company executive and now that of a Native American, but is otherwise pretty damned harmless?

Want to know what my reason for "protecting" him is?  Because I'm genuinely concerned about what he might end up doing to himself if this outlet is taken away from him.  He doesn't appear to be well.  If this place gives him a chance to indulge in a little bit of fantasy, then so be it.  If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong.  It's not like the mods and I haven't discussed this before and we honestly don't know what to do.

7 minutes ago, Rachel said:

I don’t think he’s a terrible person, he’s alright sometimes but I don’t really understand him that well and I no I don’t agree with his decision to allow some of things he allows and protects. 

This is absolutely incorrect.

I am a terrible person and I am shocked and appalled that you would suggest otherwise!