Marvel's Spider-Man 2 (PS5) - Information Thread, update: New Game+, Audio Descriptions, other new features update releasing on March 7

Pikachu

55 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I wish Sony hadn't confirmed they were waiting a year+ to bring future games to PC.  But, on the other hand it does give me time to finally finish the first two games.

Yeah, no way im waiting a year to play this, but damn, day and date would be nice. 

2 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

His memory of what happened in Secret Wars is WAY different than mine.

Nah that's pretty much what happened. Pete was told there was a machine that repaired everyone's clothes in a room. His dumb ass goes into the room and goes to the wrong machine , gets the goo ball and wears it on his body. What's even more, he notices that no one else's clothes responds to their thoughts or can change appearance and he's like "Oh well, lucky me." This guys had no idea what he was wearing and was wearing it for MONTHS. @Kal-El814is and that tweet is absolutely right.

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Nah that's pretty much what happened. Pete was told there was a machine that repaired everyone's clothes in a room. His dumb ass goes into the room and goes to the wrong machine , gets the goo ball and wears it on his body. What's even more, he notices that no one else's clothes responds to their thoughts or can change appearance and he's like "Oh well, lucky me." This guys had no idea what he was wearing and was wearing it for MONTHS. @Kal-El814is and that tweet is absolutely right.

The whole Hulk and Thor had new costumes made by this machine just before Peter is kind of important to the whole story.

It's not that PP was walking around and randomly found a ball of black goo that he decided to wear.

2 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:
2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

The whole Hulk and Thor had new costumes made by this machine just before Peter is kind of important to the whole story.

They went to a diffrent machine in the same room. He even notices it a couple of issues later when he sees other characters getting their costumes repaired and says "Hey, that's not the machine I used". Something happens that distracts him but yeah. He didn't use the clothes fabricator that everyone else used to fix their costumes. He released a goddamn alien and was wearing it for months :p

103veb_com_mas_mob_03_0.jpg
WWW.MARVEL.COM

Become an expert on Venom (Eddie Brock) from your favorite comic books with the official Marvel in-depth character page!

After a pitched battle, Spider-Man's costume was ripped to shreds, and his ally Thor mentioned a device that restored fabric. Instead, Spider-Man inadvertently used a different device, which freed the symbiote. It immediately bonded to Spider-Man, providing him a sleek black costume and giving him notable new abilities. Instead of Peter Parker's web shooters, Spider-Man's webbing was now generated from the costume. In actuality, parts of the symbiote itself and never ran out. On top of that, his reflexes were even better than before, and Spidey could now morph the suit into any clothing he wished.

MSM2_GameplayReveal_MilesChase_4K_2023.j
WWW.EUROGAMER.NET

Chatting to Insomniac Games' Bryan Intihar and Ryan Smith about everything Spider-Man 2.

"We've been waiting to finally show Spider-Man 2. It's been a while since we first announced the game, and it was really awesome to really show a full section of gameplay. It was just nice to spend more than a few minutes and show people all the different stuff."

I'm chatting with Spider-Man 2's creative director Bryan Intihar and game director Ryan Smith about last week's PlayStation Direct. After months of wait, Insomniac Games finally lifted the lid on Spider-Man 2's gameplay. For 10 minutes, we were transported to New York, to swing among the skyscrapers with Peter Parker and Miles Morales as they fought off Kraven's hunters, while simultaneously trying to save Dr. Curt Connors' Lizard.

But while the setting and characters were familiar, the game's darker tone was not - something much discussed online afterwards by fans of Insomniac's previous games. The quippy and aimable Peter Parker now seemed frustrated and snappy, while his new Symbiote Suit gave off a very different, reptilian-like vibe. Parker seemed to relish this suit's slithering, writhing potential, and slammed his adversaries to the ground with simmering rage.

MSM2_GameplayReveal_PeteWebWings_4K_2023
WWW.EUROGAMER.NET

Insomniac Games' Bryan Intihar and Ryan Smith explain how character switching in Spider-Man 2 works.

"When you're playing the main story, we control when you switch between Pete and Miles... it's done in service to the story when we're making those switches, for sure," Spider-Man 2's creative director Bryan Intihar told Eurogamer in an exclusive interview. "So, as you saw on that gameplay reveal, which is a segment of the main story, we are pre-determining those based on what we want to do for how the story plays out."

When you are in Spider-Man 2's New York open world, however, it's different.

"We have content designed around Peter, we have content designed around Miles and we have content where you can play either," Intihar shared. "You'll be able to - in the open world - freely switch between them with a simple button press." This is thanks to the power of the PlayStation 5.

"Being able to switch in the open world so quickly between the two characters is really, really awesome," Intihar smiled. "Just being able to pick and choose who I want to play as for a certain activity... it's been so awesome to have that feature. [It's] something we probably wouldn't have explored previously."

Additionally, this character switching will all tie in with Spider-Man 2's three skill trees - one for Peter, one for Miles and one that is shared.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Marvel's Spider-Man 2 (PS5, Autumn 2023) - Information Thread, update: developers discuss the sequel's "darker tone" and how character switching works with Eurogamer
Spider-Man-2-Famitsu_06-01-23.jpg?w=640
WWW.GEMATSU.COM

Marvel’s Spider-Man 2’s map will be roughly twice the size of previous games, Insomniac Games creative director Bryan Intihar told Famitsu.

Marvel’s Spider-Man 2‘s map will be roughly twice the size of previous games, Insomniac Games creative director Bryan Intihar told Famitsu.

“We’ve added Queens and Brooklyn this time, so roughly speaking the map size is about two times larger than the previous titles,” Intihar said. “Since these two areas are somewhat smaller and residential, I think you’ll find them different from Manhattan. We’ve prepared some unexpected situations we haven’t done before, like a battle on the river between two of the cities, so I hope you’ll look forward to them.”

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Marvel's Spider-Man 2 (PS5, Autumn 2023) - Information Thread, update: developers discuss the sequel's "darker tone" and how character switching works, map is 2x size of original game and includes Brooklyn/Queens
spidey2-interview-red.jpg
PRESS-START.COM.AU

We Spoke To Insomniac Games About How Marvel's Spider-Man 2 Takes Things To New Heights

Following the lengthy and explosive gameplay reveal of Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 that capped off last week’s PlayStation Showcase, we were able to chat to two of the creative leads behind Insomniac Games’ upcoming PlayStation 5 exclusive sequel to dive a little deeper into what we saw and how the studio is pushing the Spider-Man video game fantasy even further than before.

Read on to see what Game Director, Ryan Smith, and Creative Director, Brian Intihar, had to say about Spider-Man 2’s dual protagonists, expanded game world, new-gen features, exciting new abilities, villains and more.

On 6/2/2023 at 1:37 PM, best3444 said:

I just re-download Spider-Man Remastered because I'm getting a huge itch to play this. I beat it twice but it's my favorite super hero game of all-time. 

I haven't even booted this up because of Zelda. 😅 

Holy fuck. I played this last night and immediately was stunned by the visuals! Playing Zelda is what prompted such amazement because it was so fucking crisp and detailed. I will tackle this after I beat Zelda and in preparation for part 2 which may end up being my GOTY. 

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Marvel's Spider-Man 2 (PS5, 20 October 2023) - Information Thread, update: release date revealed
On 6/1/2023 at 6:18 PM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
MSM2_GameplayReveal_MilesChase_4K_2023.j
WWW.EUROGAMER.NET

Chatting to Insomniac Games' Bryan Intihar and Ryan Smith about everything Spider-Man 2.

MSM2_GameplayReveal_PeteWebWings_4K_2023
WWW.EUROGAMER.NET

Insomniac Games' Bryan Intihar and Ryan Smith explain how character switching in Spider-Man 2 works.

It takes the power of the PS5 to enable character switching? :lol:

• 1 month later...